Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So Many Running Questions!

I just started running c25k and am loving it. But it's been 10 years since I really ran regularly and that was in a warmer climate. So...I live inPA and will now be running in 20-45 degrees for the next few months. Here goes...

How do you keep your nose from running nonstop or do you just bring tissues?

What is the best way to keep your face from getting windburn or chapped. I really don't want to wear a mask or neck gaiter. What is the best to eat/ drink the night before and morning of a big run bc the old days of eating lots of Pasta are gone! Any other good tips?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

I love to run in 20 - 30 degree weather... I cannot run in hot..but that is just me. My nose does not run in cold weather, I guess I'm lucky. On the very bitter cold mornings I put Johnsons Gel Baby Oil on my face, it helps keep your skin soft and moist and you don't get wind burn either. Everyone is different and their body reacts differently... my suggestion is try different things and see how your body reacts. When I had a exceptionaly good run in the a.m. I would always say "hmmmm what did I eat the night before". Maybe keep a log... try carbs, Protein, etc and see what works best for you.

I love to run too, there is no better feeling after a good run, I am so energized and feel fantastic too !!!

I love to run in 20 - 30 degree weather... I cannot run in hot..but that is just me. My nose does not run in cold weather' date=' I guess I'm lucky. On the very bitter cold mornings I put Johnsons Gel Baby Oil on my face, it helps keep your skin soft and moist and you don't get wind burn either. Everyone is different and their body reacts differently... my suggestion is try different things and see how your body reacts. When I had a exceptionaly good run in the a.m. I would always say "hmmmm what did I eat the night before". Maybe keep a log... try carbs, Protein, etc and see what works best for you.

I love to run too, there is no better feeling after a good run, I am so energized and feel fantastic too !!![/quote']

Thanks! What kind of gear do you wear in cold weather? I am just using under armor and a vest with yoga pants but I guess it's time to give the leggings a try. Any recommendations? And I have the baby oil gel so will definitely try it :)

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

I do layers when running in 0 - 30 degree weather. I don't like to wear heavy clothes because once you get warmed up then you get too hot !!!. I wear sports bra (of course), then a light weight 100% cotton turtle neck to keep my neck warm, then I put on a good 100% cotton thermal shirt, with a very light weather resistant running jacket. Good gloves are a must and I also wear a headband to keep my ears warm. I tried the under armor brand but I felt it did not keep me warm...but then again that is me and my opinion. I only use the thermal pants when its 0-20 degrees because I get too hot otherwise. I do have a pair of good heavy sweatpants.

You mentioned that your nose runs...lol... you remind me of my Mom... when she would speed walk with me she constantly had a tissue to her nose in the cold weather so make sure you have lots of tissues with you :)