Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lord Give Me Patience

My journey for approval took almost a year. I also could not even see my surgeon until all the prereg were completed which included the six month supervised diet and having to meet with the nut (group class style thank goodness) every month, a psych eval etc etc. After I completed all of that I had to make appt with surgeon and then they had to turn in for approval. Approval came back in a few weeks and then set the surgery date only to have them push it back a couple weeks because the doctor was going to be gone on vacation. But here I am 5 1/2 months out and that is all a thing of the past and I am over 2/3rds of the way down to meeting my goal of 145, so it will happen and someday you will not even remember that wait. Take this time to ask the nutritionist all the questions you see popping up on here and give us the answers LOL. Also do research on different foods and get her approval now, so at least you are not wasting your time with her. I never see a NUT now and only saw her once the day of release from the hospital. The nutritionist I saw before surgery was from a whole other service.

Good luck it will all be over and then all the stress and worry from after surgery takes over and trust me it is much more intense!!

So I took you guys advise and I have been trying to see the positive to all this waiting : ) I have researched and started taking my pre surgery supplments. I have been testing out some Protein powders. I have even practiced eating slower and chewing longer. (Need more practice) I am feeling better about things. I was able to speak with someone at my surgeons office and was told that Dec 3 rd I will be submitted for insurance approval. She said that my insurance is usually quick 2 weeks max for an answer. Then within 2 weeks of that I will get to see the Nut and the surgeon to schedule my surgery. In the meanwhile I will continue to work on my new lifestyle!

I don't have to lose any weight before hand, but I decided that I want to lose 15 lbs before surgery. Since I have to do a preop diet anyway. Might as well make the best of it and choose to lose : )

Patience is difficult...I try to remember to enjoy the journey. The destination and finish line will soon arrive. I've been doing this process since June and I have 13 days left till my final weigh-in and then we're submitting. I never thought it would go this fast. My surgeon and my insurance were so strict with requirements and pre-op testing that I'm always so shocked I've made it. So many people get discouraged in the process. Stay patient and hang in there! The reward is soon on its way :)

Finished my last phone appt this morning. Yes!! On to the next step! Wahoo!!!