Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I'm a little shaken up. Surgery is tomorrow, was on Clear Liquids today and had to drink that magnesium citrate to clear my bowels. After that I wasn't feeling well so I laid down. My 7 year old comes in screaming that the three year old was bleeding and dad couldn't get it to stop. I jumped up, realized his teeth were displaced and we rushed him to the dentist where they did emergency oral surgery to remove two teeth. It was a brutal surgery since they were still attached to the bone... Lots of blood. Anyways, as soon as the last suture was placed, I passed smooth out in the office, came to and puked my guts up. Also my stool is bright red, but that citrate drink was red. Do y'all think I'm ok to have surgery tomorrow?

Yes you will be fine !!! Good luck !!!

I am joining you on that special day. I was suppose to have mine on the 5th' date=' but the day before I was cancelled because insurance didn't approve it yet. (After I did my liquid diet for 8 days)

But everything happens for a reason, and I got the call with my insurance approval today.[/quote']

I'm sorry you were delayed but I'm sooooo happy to have a partner in crime for that day

So I'm a little shaken up. Surgery is tomorrow' date=' was on clear liquids today and had to drink that magnesium citrate to clear my bowels. After that I wasn't feeling well so I laid down. My 7 year old comes in screaming that the three year old was bleeding and dad couldn't get it to stop. I jumped up, realized his teeth were displaced and we rushed him to the dentist where they did emergency oral surgery to remove two teeth. It was a brutal surgery since they were still attached to the bone... Lots of blood. Anyways, as soon as the last suture was placed, I passed smooth out in the office, came to and puked my guts up. Also my stool is bright red, but that citrate drink was red. Do y'all think I'm ok to have surgery tomorrow?[/quote']

Omg that's a lot. I double check with your doctor but I'm sure your fine

Happy Dance Happy Dance' date=' well it is really a sitting on the sofa happy dance. But I am smiling for you. Hope you have a great week getting ready and that everything goes smoothly. You will be in my prayers.[/quote']

Thanks!!! I'm so excited

It's crazy I joined and December group just started we would read all the other months getting their turn. I can believe its our turn. I think we have the most challenging time we had to make it thru thanksgiving and next Christmas then new years eve...but I will say this for us no one has a better new years resolution! We all get to start a new life so cheers to us!

Good luck and best wishes for no complications to all 12/12'ers. May you make it home to your families as quickly as possible.

:-) Dec 15th New me and life begins ;-)

So I'm a little shaken up. Surgery is tomorrow' date=' was on clear liquids today and had to drink that magnesium citrate to clear my bowels. After that I wasn't feeling well so I laid down. My 7 year old comes in screaming that the three year old was bleeding and dad couldn't get it to stop. I jumped up, realized his teeth were displaced and we rushed him to the dentist where they did emergency oral surgery to remove two teeth. It was a brutal surgery since they were still attached to the bone... Lots of blood. Anyways, as soon as the last suture was placed, I passed smooth out in the office, came to and puked my guts up. Also my stool is bright red, but that citrate drink was red. Do y'all think I'm ok to have surgery tomorrow?[/quote']

I am praying you will be fine. Hope the child is ok too. Waiting on you to make it home safely and healthy eager to share your news about our doctor. I have my 1 on 1 with him the 20th for my preop appt. not sure what all we do . Then go speak with the anesthesiologist. Hubby is going with me to this appt.i am getting nervous..

2 days post op, still in a lot of pain. I may get to go home tomorrow. The good thing is that my kidney function has improved! I've been walking marathons down these halls and still not passing any gas. Ugh!

I went today to do hospital preop. All went well and am tentatively scheduled for first one at 7:30 on Monday. Boy this is getting a bit real!!! Have been praying for those before me and anxiously reading posts.

Eager to hear from everyone this week!

Redo, do u have the pain pump?

Day 3 post op and doing well... Gets kinda rough when the pain meds wear off but overall It's been much much easier than I expected... Fluids are a breeze been drinking Protein Shakes today too... Finally passed gas this morning and its like the farty floodgates opened I'm a tootin fool much to the delight of my 3-year old but breaking wind feels soooooo good... I'm gonna attempt a shower when my wife gets home I'm sure that will feel awesome keep your chin up everyone everyday is better

2 days post op, still in a lot of pain. I may get to go home tomorrow. The good thing is that my kidney function has improved! I've been walking marathons down these halls and still not passing any gas. Ugh!

Sounds like good news to me. So happy your kidneys are doing better. Keep walking the gas will eventually come out. Hope you are feeling better and better every hour.