Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow is MY BIG DAY!! Any Supportive or Suggestions would be wonderful!

Hi to my wonderful friends who have been so supportive to me thru this

really challanging process!

I will be a "BANSTER" tomorrow!! Yikes!!

Surgery is at 7:30 A.M.- (which means to be there at 5:30!! DOUBLE

YIKES!!)

I am having my lap band with Dr. Snyder, in Denver at Rose Medical Center.

The Clear liquids have been just fine for me the past 2 days.

Yesterday, I had THE BIG SCARE... "BUYER'S REMORSE" !!! "What am I

doing to my body?"

"Shud I be doing this to my body?"

"What if I cannot figure out the amount to "drink" and % of Protein

etc...

"Why, Why, Why, etc"

I was really upset, could not talk about what I was feeling, etc...

Then my dear friend, Krista, and I prayed that God would guide me in

these next few days, and be there to give me strength and help me get

through the "head trash"... .... ....

THEN..I had some divine intervention... we went to GNC to buy my

Vitamins and Protein etc... and the manaer was a bit "over-bearing",

but she had good intentions... I told her I was having lap band on

Monday... and she IMMEDIATELY went on and on... about how she has this

customer who had the lap band, and how excited she was for me, and

what success she has heard from her customer... that lost 50 pounds in

4 months... etc... (this went on for about an hour!)

Last night it helped too to talk with one of my mentors, who has been banded for 5 years, Flori... in the evening, she reminded me of the some of the reasons THAT I KNEW I WANT TO HAVE THE LAP BAND DONE... etc...

Would love any of your input... your thoughts, etc...

I'll try to post on Tuesday!

I'm very excited now!!

Love and thanks to all,

~ Colleen in Denver

GOOD LUCK COLLEEN:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I've only been banded for seven months and though there have been many things that I thought would be easier than they are....I still wouldn't change it. With the band, I found the optimism that I so desperately needed...the feeling that I could lose the weight....maybe slow or maybe fast...how ever it comes off at least it's coming off.

The head work can sometimes be really hard to work through....but you can do it....have faith in yourself and in God that you can make it....one day at a time.

Hope you have a speedy recovery too!!!:confused:

Colleen,

I'm 3 days post-band and I can tell you that I went through all the same things. The second thoughts you are having are completely normal for an elective procedure like this. Just remember that you've put lots of time and effort into planning this, and that you were in the correct state of mind when you did so. Tomorrow morning you've got to trust yourself. You made the right decision, now you just need to follow through with it!!

So far I can say that it's been about as easy and/or difficult as I expected. The bloated/nausea feelings are not so great, and the soreness from the incisions is tough to deal with the first couple days, but now on day 3 I can get in and out of bed alone, sit down in a chair and get up without help, and most importantly, all bodily functions are back to normal! :confused:

I have never been so excited in my life as when I woke up in the recovery room. The anasthesiaologist said things went great and that I was doing fine. My outlook on life has improved tremendously! :clap2:

Jeff

Hi Colleen!

I have tears in my eyes; your enthusiasm is contagious! I am just 5 days out of surgery. I said out loud before going in 'What am I doing to myself?' The self doubt will definately creep in; took another two days this past week to show it's evil head - self doubt. I'm still not sure I made the best choice - this is all too new. What I did do was make a very smart step toward gaining a healthy life back.

Don't be surprised like I was, there will be alot of soreness after. Day 1 and 2 - I never thought it would end. But it will get easier. Gosh, I can barely say enough to comfort you; I know exactly how you feel.

Best of luck - we're all in this together. And this is the best place for any kind of support.

BANDSTER!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Colleen

Congratulations. I went throught the same doubts the day before my banding. You just have to trust that you are doing the right thing for yourself. Be excited that all your planning and hard work are coming to point you have been wishing for.

Good luck and let us hear from you

Oh my...that brings up memories. I was scared too. It's totally normal. But, it's my belief that you're embarking on a journey that will change your life in a good way. The surgery was a breeze for me and so was the recovery so I wouldn't worry about that. Just do what your doc says and as long as you're ready to make this work then go for it! Happy recovery and let us know how you're doing!

02-04-2007 03:31 PM

Hi to my wonderful friends who have been so supportive to me thru this

really challanging process!

I will be a "BANSTER" tomorrow!! Yikes!!

Surgery is at 7:30 A.M.- (which means to be there at 5:30!! DOUBLE

YIKES!!)

We're anxiously waiting to hear how it went!! :clap2:

Keep us posted.

I would love to hear how you are doing. I am so envious of where you are at. Post surgery and looking at a highway to a new life.