Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Encouragement

Marie

What a great NSV!!

Thanks for sharing that with all of us. It has given us all a little more hope and ispiration. Congratulations to you!

Marie,

I am SO proud of you!!! Good Job!!! I have been doing Water aerobics since day one but haven't mustered up the courage to get on the bike mom loaned me after surgery. I am hoping to use it soon but still shy away from the idea so far. You did great and have further inspired me to take a step closer to getting on the dang bike. I am also a wobbly non-confident rider so wish me the best... LOL. I am hoping you did wear a helmet though... Once again, job well done girl! Teresa:cool:

Leatha, air up those bike tires and just cruise the neighborhood. Get you a little speedometer (at Walmart) to tell you how far you've gone. It's so enjoyable because you're looking at the houses, flower beds, kids, pets. It has to lower your blood pressure right off the bat. You're out taking part in the neighborhood.

I like to walk too, but it's harder on my knees. The biking makes me feel like I'm really getting somewhere.

Michelle, no one could be an inspiration like you can! You are such a strong, good woman! Despite your personal trials, you always take time to think of others.

Teresa, you have lost 53 lbs.! That is a whole other person -- a half-grown child. Wow! You're so much braver than me about doing Water aerobics. You must be doing something very right! And no fills yet! Awesome! Teresa, I have that inner ear thing going all the time, so I'm always wobbly. I know you can run circles around me!

Here's to happy, healthy US!!!

I rode in a 25 mile noncompetitive bike charity ride this morning! This ride was tougher than the first one, because it was sunny and a lot hotter outside. I did take advantage of the 2 rest stops along the way. Again, I didn't lead the pack, but didn't bring up the tail either -- just in the middle, blending in. This was a beautiful ride - along winding country roads with huge oak treetops meeting over the road. It looked like a post card. There were cows grazing in pastures, with flowers blooming all aroung them. There were horses with their young colts playing. We rode beside a beautiful flowing river and saw blue heron fishing for their Breakfast. My husband and my son rode with me. What a treat to be able to get out there and LIVE with my family! My son gave me a big "thumbs up" when I finished. That means more to me than any ribbon or medal!

Please try out several different things until you find something that you really enjoy. I've found biking fun and it's taking me to some wonderful, interesting places.:D

Marie thats a wonderful oops. You are an inspiration to me. I can hardly believe that you rode out side in Houston in August. Thats an extra wwwwwwwhhhhhoooo. Every time I am in Houston in the summer I fell as if I can hardly breathe.. I am proud of you I may try getting the old bicycle out of the garage in October. Whoo Hoo...Janie

Marie,

You are getting to be something else with this biking marathon thing. That is just incredible! Did you ever in your wildest dreams think you'd be doing this? I am so proud of you and I can only hope to ever even attempt such a feat. I bet the thoughts that go through your mind on these awesome treks are worth millions in gratitude. Amazing.. just amazing. You've got to get pics!!

Leatha

Leatha and Janie, I let my weight keep me a prisoner in my own home for so many years. I feel like I want to get out and make up for all that I missed out on.

Gratitude...what a perfect word! Yes, I've teared up so many times and said a prayer of thanks to God for allowing me to get to this point in my life. There were days in the past that I just stayed in my nightgown all day.

I have to tell you it took all I could muster to get up that last incline today! My speedometer showed 6 1/2 miles. I was going so slow, I don't know what kept the bike from falling over. We had to get up at 4:30 a.m. this a.m. to get there in time. I can't imagine anything in the past that I would have gotten up that early for. It's amazing what you can do when you're healthier! I really mean it when I say if I can do this, anyone can! Just take baby steps.:D

What a great new beginning at what promises to be a great new life. You bring tears to my eyes with the mental picture of your family on the picturesque ride. They surely must be soooo proud of you. Congratulations, you give me hope, and surely many others as well.

Pam, there's a whole "other world" out there that we've been missing out on for so long! You're taking the first steps on that journey. I can't wait to hear what you have in store for us!:)

You go, girl! I'm so happy for you. It's so nice that you really appreciate your new life. Sometimes I feel I take my weight loss for granted. You remind me not to.

Nancy

You are amazing Marie!!!!!! One of my goals for later this fall or next spring is to walk this trail 20 miles around a lake in Cottage Grove Oregon. It used to be railroad tracks and got turned into a walking/ biking trail. I grew up in that area and it is a really pretty lake. There are several covered bridges along the route too. You sure do amaze me and I am thrilled at your accomplishments. Best wishes and hugs, Teresa

Nancy and Teresa, I know we all appreciate our "New Life" since being banded! The friends I've made on this forum and the encouragement I've rec'd here have played a big part in helping me along the way. It's so wonderful to have someone understand "where you're coming from" because it's one of those things that a person can't truly understand or appreciate unless they've walked in those shoes.

Have you tried using a pedometer? You'll be surprised how much you walk in a regular day, and will find yourself intentionally walking further. It will show # of steps, calories burned, and amt. of time used.

Wow, Teresa, you have got to get out and take advantage of your beautiful area! It sounds like paradise! I would take my textbooks outside and study. What a wonderful place to live!

You are welcome to come and visit anytime. I love touring people around the state. I know where old ghost towns and mining caves are, all the geology of the state, the ocean life, history, etc. I love Oregon. I am literally one hour from both the snowy mountains and one hour from the beach. The washington border is 2.5 hours north of us and the california border is 3 hours south of us. Kind of just dead middle of everything. Growing up, I was certain I did not want to remain in Oregon but the more I have seen of other places, the more I appreciate the state I call home. The only other place I would live that I have seen is the big island of Hawaii. I am sure there are other lovely spots in the world and even the U.S. but it would be hard to beat Oregon. The economy is the only stinking thing here but thank goodness that really hasn't affected anyone I know and I know it has gotten a little better recently. Like I said, any of you are welcome any time. Teresa

Guest lucky

:D :) :) Way to go Marie. Your accomplishment is very exciting. What an incentive for the rest of us

Did you bike every day to build up to that? I walk every morning at five before I go to school. I'm just now at the half mile mark.

However....you have inspired me. In the morning I'm going to try to make the entire hour.

Again...yeah for you. You go girl.

Pam:cool: