Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sandy is expected to hit my area by tonight with the worst tomorrow.. And I realized that our storm prep is a little different after RNY. Of course we still need lanterns, Water, batteries, blankets, etc. But no longer will pringles (they store nicely), dried fruit, and granola bars be the key dried foods in our little kit...well they will be there for the kids but not me.

It really made me think because over the past 3 months I've lived on yogurt, eggs, cheese, and fish - all of which can't be eaten/stored/prepared without power. So sadly the kit has ready to drink shakes and a tub of Protein Powder - yuck! I can't handle beef Jerky and nuts yet because they hurt my pouch still.

Any other non-perishable RNY friendly foods out there? I can't think!

Thanks in advance :)

Sandy is expected to hit my area by tomorrow. And I realized that our storm prep is a little different after RNY. Of course we still need lanterns' date=' Water, batteries, blankets, etc. But no longer will pringles (they store nicely), dried fruit, and granola bars be the key dried foods in our little kit...well they will be there for the kids but not me.

It really made me think because over the past 3 months I've lived on yogurt, eggs, cheese, and fish - all of which can't be eaten/stored/prepared without power. So sadly the kit has ready to drink shakes and a tub of Protein powder - yuck! I can't handle beef Jerky and nuts yet because they hurt my pouch still.

Any other non-perishable RNY friendly foods out there? I can't think!

Thanks in advance :)[/quote']

Canned tuna and canned chicken. How far post op are you?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using RNYTalk

Oh girl... prayers your way. Boy that is a predicament. I really cant think but if I do I will sure post!!

This is a great question. I'm prepping for thestorm too and was thinking the same thing. I tried nature valley Protein Bars last week for the first time and they were pretty good. They are low in sugar at 6 grams and have 10 grams of Protein per bar. It kept me full for a long time.

Thanks! I'm 3 months out so I can handle more texture but still very susceptible to sugars and dump easily. Can't do more than 8ish per serving. Great ideas!

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

Thanks! I'm 3 months out so I can handle more texture but still very susceptible to sugars and dump easily. Can't do more than 8ish per serving. Great ideas!

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

How about buying a really small camping fridge with a leisure battery and selling it when sandy had gone any good camping shop will have one or freezing stuff before it hits, get a load of ice packs and a cool box and once your freezer starts to thaw move ice pack and ready made ice in to cool box should keep for 2 days at least. Onece it thaws you will be ready to use it? Just a thought x

Live in the south always preparing for these things. The shelf milk in a box, A READY TO DRINK shake /DRINK that you can tolerate. The Protein Shots. Can opener, refried Beans, chilli, tuna, canned chicken, Protein bars Watch carbs & sugar, Premeire makes one. Peanut Butter with a side of Colace!!!

Canned tuna, low fat crackers (Townhouse)

Sent from my Galaxy S III using RNYTalk

I think I have all I need but since the kids will be home from school I will go to the market quickly to grab a few things mainly for them. I have enough can Soup to last me a life time never got to eat it all since surgery.

I hope everyone is safe & no one gets hurt. Plz have batteries flash lights can goods & candles.

Sandy is hitting me as a blizzard with over 2 feet of snow. I have surgery in the morning and all thos will be going on while i am there. the hospital is an hour away and only rain and wind there but possible power outages. Not nervous or anything just scared that they will cancel surgery.

Praying for a flawless surgery on Monday. You come this far so keep your head up

Sent from my N860 using RNYTalk

Praying for a flawless surgery on Monday. You come this far so keep your head up

Sent from my N860 using RNYTalk

Thanks milan. are you ready for this storm? Stay safe and warm