Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Moving Onto The Next Stage Of Food?

Ok, quick question. I asked my nurse if it was ok moving on to the purred stage being less than a week out and she said that I could if I felt like my stomach was ready for it which I do. Sooo I am moving into the purred stage, which has been fine so far,, but I wanted to know if moving into a stage quicker is going to slow down my weight loss or hinder my weight loss any any way. Did anyone move to the stages of eating quicker and relize it was hurting the weight loss at all? My mom is just freaking me out about this and I needed to hear it from you guys that have been through it. Thanks everyone I really appreciate your respose!

I think its best doing what they say and not to be tempted into rushing things. Its not just the weight loss its the healing inside.

I am on stage2 mashed potato with cream cheese never tasted so good. Well mashed though

Good luck

I think it may depend on the person. You may need to talk to your surgeon. I didn't tolerate pureed to well, so I would chop my food up really, really, fine and chew, chew, chew.

my doctors office start us out fresh out of surgery on pureed foods im almost three weeks out and i got the go for mushy food yesterday

Thanks everyone. I appreciate you taking time out to answer my post. Thanks :)

The reason some have different rules is for healing, but also for your head to mend too. We obviously can't eat correctly, or we wouldn't be here now, if you imagine going back to being a child liquids, to purée, purée to solids, your making simple choices re training your mind to appreciate food a lot more savoring basic foods, and then when you are totally fed up with one stage and you move on to the next you really enjoy that food, a food that before your op you wouldn't have even looked twice at because its not covered in cheese or loaded with calories. It's helping you to eat like everyone else.

Steady and slow draw it out as long as you can, you have the rest of your life to eat, make the most of this opportunity xxxxx

Are mash potatoes really good to be eating at this point? Thats a lot of carbs to me? Although I can say I would freakin die for some lol

Are mash potatoes really good to be eating at this point? Thats a lot of carbs to me? Although I can say I would freakin die for some lol

Yes mashed potatoes and baked potatoes are fine.

SD: 10/10/12, Converted from Lapband to RNY, HW (before band) 263, HW (RNY) 230, Preop 219, after surgery 223, current 209

I think it depends on the surgeon. My doc doesn't want us eating any carbs or starches.

I think it depends on the surgeon. My doc doesn't want us eating any carbs or starches.

She's right it depends in your doc. I can have 10o MSG of carbs a day.

SD: 10/10/12, Converted from Lapband to RNY, HW (before band) 263, HW (RNY) 230, Preop 219, after surgery 223, current 209

Thanks guys! :)

when eating the mashed potatoes, add some low fat cheese and maybe a scoop of unflavored Protein Powder. you don't want to fill your pouch with just potatoes make sure they are a way of getting some Protein in. And if you are making instant, use low fat chicken broth and low fat milk and no butter or margerine. You could make a very satisfying meal this way with the added protein of the cheese and protein powder and it might sit real well with your new tummy.

another way to add Protein to your potatoes is some plain fat free greek yogurt. It taste just like sour cream. Use it on chili or Beans or anything you would want to use sour cream on.

Cottage cheese and salsa is good.