Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm almost 5 months post op and down 80lbs. I do exercise but am unable to do so as much as I'd like because I'm busy with work and school and a boyfriend - sometimes I'm lucky to get to the gym once in a week. I mostly do yoga and try to go jogging occasionally. To make up for the lack of working out I try to make better decisions physically, so I haven't used an elevator since surgery (stairs! stairs! stairs!) and I don't try to get the closest parking spot etc. I also work at Starbucks so I stand 4-8hrs at a time so I sort of count that

- Kaylee Ann ~ Surgiversary: 6/11/12

I never understood the size issues for people under 200 since I was always approaching 300 pounds! However' date=' my sister was a model for years wearing size 0 and 2 and after 3 kids and 15 years she couldn't lose the weight. She's 180 and runs 5 miles a day but has ups and downs just like me. I think everyone is use their own idea of what their body size should be. Loosing any weight at all is challenging.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk[/quote']

I need to get back into exercise I gotta get the scale moving. Only 14 lbs to go stall of the longest 5 weeks of my life.

Not trying to be mean in anyway but why would you subject yourself to such a surgery when you only have 70 lbs to loose?!?

I was searching scars and bikinis and stumbled upon this thread.

WOW this above comment has been one of my nightmares.... and some might think it is "fair game" to ask this question.... LIKE EVERYONE IN MY LIFE.

To Irshangel:

Like you, I too am a Yo-Yo-er. My surgery is in 3 days. I will be under 200 lbs that day.

It didn't bother me to read this comment in the forum. I'm actually glad to see someone asked it, and way happier to see the responses to it.

It is no one's business but my doctor's why I have made this choice. It was not done on a whim and I am not a dummy. But this comment really gets under my skin because there's so much judgement packed in the punch.

I lost the majority of my weight 40 lbs without exercise. Surgery date 4/09/12 beginning weight 214 now 171' date=' goal weight is 140. I was at a stand still for the past like 2 months. I have been working out like crazy for the past 2 months and my weight finally started dropping again. It was strange because my clothes that were once tight are loose but the scale did not move for a good long time.

You first need to be cleared for exercise by your surgeon. I would be very specific on what exercise you want to do. At first my doctor said walking only. Then at 2 months post op he said that I can do anything I wanted. It took me a while to start jogging/running again.

Everyone is different and losses in their own time and way. I thought I would be way further along than 43 lbs. at 6 months post op. but my dr. said I was doing great and that people who have less than 100 lbs to loose will loose it at a slower rate. I am eating and exercising according to plan.[/quote']

OMG. Thank you for posting this. I started out the same weight and I'm losing super super slow but I can tell my clothes are loose and I'm down 4 sizes.

I've been so discouraged lately. My weight is plateauing but my clothes size is constantly changing.

I'm power walk and jogging combo and doing daily callistetics. I get all of my Protein, Water and Vitamins in.

I'm hoping for a major weight change soon. At 200.2 and hoping to get to ONEderland tomorrow.

~Leticia **HW: 259**PreOp: 216**SURG: 3/21/13 **Discharged @: 221**24 days post op. CW: 200.2 lbs<br />---THE WORSE PLATEAU EVER ---

Not trying to be mean in anyway but why would you subject yourself to such a surgery when you only have 70 lbs to loose?!?

I too will only need to loose about 70 lbs... When you're under a BMI of 42 you have to have more medical health elements wrong with you to be apporved... Regardless if its 70 or 150 the weight still needs to be loss AND kept off.

~Leticia **HW: 259**PreOp: 216**SURG: 3/21/13 **Discharged @: 221**24 days post op. CW: 200.2 lbs<br />---THE WORSE PLATEAU EVER ---

I was searching scars and bikinis and stumbled upon this thread.

WOW this above comment has been one of my nightmares.... and some might think it is "fair game" to ask this question.... LIKE EVERYONE IN MY LIFE.

To Irshangel:

Like you' date=' I too am a Yo-Yo-er. My surgery is in 3 days. I will be under 200 lbs that day.

It didn't bother me to read this comment in the forum. I'm actually glad to see someone asked it, and way happier to see the responses to it.

It is no one's business but my doctor's why I have made this choice. It was not done on a whim and I am not a dummy. But this comment really gets under my skin because there's so much judgement packed in the punch.[/quote']

I give them kudos for being bold to ask the question they were curious this forum needs to back off in the being so freakin sensitive we ALL have our reasons and issues for why had surgery, be it a few pounds or hundreds of pounds. At least they prefaced the comment by I don't mean to sound mean. I got lambasted by being honest awhile back. You shouldn't have to walk on egg shells on this forum. We are all grown ups we can handle some constructive criticism. I don't think any of us take the truth well including myself. Please my comment is not written to start a blog/forum war....

weight.png

I give them kudos for being bold to ask the question they were curious this forum needs to back off in the being so freakin sensitive we ALL have our reasons and issues for why had surgery' date=' be it a few pounds or hundreds of pounds. At least they prefaced the comment by I don't mean to sound mean. I got lambasted by being honest awhile back. You shouldn't have to walk on egg shells on this forum. We are all grown ups we can handle some constructive criticism. I don't think any of us take the truth well including myself. Please my comment is not written to start a blog/forum war....

I couldnt agree more!

I give them kudos for being bold to ask the question they were curious this forum needs to back off in the being so freakin sensitive we ALL have our reasons and issues for why had surgery' date=' be it a few pounds or hundreds of pounds. At least they prefaced the comment by I don't mean to sound mean. I got lambasted by being honest awhile back. You shouldn't have to walk onk egg shells on this forum. We are all grown ups we can handle some constructive criticism. I don't think any of us take the truth well including myself. Please my comment is not written to start a blog/forum war....

SMH... I'm not sure where a comment like "stop being so freaking sensitive" would NOT start a blog war. As adults we have to learn how to re-word our comments so that it doesn't come across as so offensive. Just like when you start a question of by saying "I don't mean to be mean but.." ... If you didn't feel if that question was border line mean you wouldn't need to start it off that way.

I think its bad enough for us people that have gotten the surgery and have to constantly defend ourselves against those people that don't have it and think negative against our actions... We should be made to feel excepted here on this site regardless of our BMI. This site was designed for support not bashing.

I don't think ANYONE on this site is in any position to give constructive criticism if that was the case... You wouldn't be having the surgery too. But what you can do is give loving support, suggestions and advice based on your experience.

Let's all try and be mindful of each others feelings .... And eliminate unneeded comments that can possibly rub someone the wrong way.

Like you said.... We're all adults!