Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all! T minus 2 days until my surgery! With the surgery less than 48 hours away, I have come across one topic I don't see too many people talking about, YouTube was overflowing with videos: extra skin. It caused many people decreased self-confidence, and many others spoke about it as just a major concern. Of course, now I am concerned!

How many of you have this "serious extra skin" problem? Did it make you regret your surgery?

I know Kaiser will cover arm and stomach skin removal after surgery/weightloss, but I am wondering how many people have experienced this as a major issue.

P.S. My stats are 29 years old, 5'7, 270 lbs (I am condensed, but thick). I know these things will make a difference in extra skin hanging.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

I am also 29. I am 5'8 inches and started at 282. I got as high as 308 in 2010 with my son. I had RNY on 5/2/12 and weighed 266. I am currently 191 and don't have that much excess skin. My thighs could use some tightening, my stomach is a little flabby as are my upper arms but as of right now I would not have skin removal surgery. I just went on vacation and wore a tankini. It could be better but I'm ok so far.

I'm getting my boob & Tummy Tuck in 2014 it's a personal decision. I don't have a nasty hanging tummy but it's not flat & I'm determine to get this fix. Now my boobs are saggy & thanks god for the bra invention that's what's holding my girls up. My arms aren't bad according to people but to me that needs fixing. Everything else in my body us well put together. I'm 33 5 foot. Was 211lbs now 139 size 10 in pants & medium in shirt.

In a coverup waiting to parasail. An idea of what my upper arms look like.

You look great to me.

post-15552-13813810591815_thumb.jpg

In a coverup waiting to parasail. An idea of what my upper arms look like.

You look great to me too! Thank you for sharing your experience!

I'm getting my boob & Tummy Tuck in 2014 it's a personal decision. I don't have a nasty hanging tummy but it's not flat & I'm determine to get this fix. Now my boobs are saggy & thanks god for the bra invention that's what's holding my girls up. My arms aren't bad according to people but to me that needs fixing. Everything else in my body us well put together. I'm 33 5 foot. Was 211lbs now 139 size 10 in pants & medium in shirt.

That makes sense-- you need to do what will make you feel most comfortable and happy with your body. I may end up doing the same thing and getting the tummy tuck anyway, since (after having my kidlet) my stomach is already hanging a bit. I can only imagine it after surgery.

my stats are the same as the original poster I'm a size 16, very proportionate and pre surgery.... 33 not 20 something, I worry about this too but I think for me it will be more of my breast as I am a 44 G. I know for me personally no matter what size I am if I look in the mirror and have flabby skin post I will feel bad about myself... this for me I'm looking out of a long term process because I want to do this and then wait required time to get pregnant and then have a baby and then do a Tummy Tuck. so I'm thinking I will have some flabby skin for a while and just deal with it until after I have a baby..... good luck with your surgery I'm still trying to decide between a sleeve or the bypass.... seems recovery and complications from bypass is more severe as are the eating ability... but I think not being able to absorb sugar is a good thing that to sleeve does not offer.... but I also think if sleeve to be effective maybe I should just do that I really don't know what to do