Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site & a new gastric bypass patient as of 10/02. My surgeon says 2 weeks Protein Shakes followed by another 2 weeks soft food before you begin regular food again. I'm 11 days post Op and SICK of shakes. I am starting to feel somewhat hungry and have tried a couple things like, Soup, crackers. Idk what to do, Im afraid to screw up my new "insides" by eating too soon. What are your surgeon's rules?

I have to be on 2 shakes a day for at least a year. I'm 3 months out and shakes I couldn't stand at two weeks are fine with me now. Just try different brands until you find one you can tolerate.

I feel just like you robyn..... Im really sticking to diet but i was soooo sick of the shakes and same soft food.... I too had 2 crackers before my 4 week period, i do not care what anyone says, it made m feel better and got me back on track to my high Protein diet. im only human. My surgery was oct 3.

I was there too... It's so hard to get them down when you've drank them for so long. I even tried to spruce them up with all these different suggestions on here.

Everything gets old really fast. Can't say its easy. I haven't been cleared on rice Pasta bread etc. But I ate 1/2 piece of toast today with my tuna. I'm human too and felt guilty but needed to try something different!

Surgery 7/25/12

I choke down at least one Protein Shake a day... It is something I have resigned myself to do to get that 35 grams of Protein in fast and start my day. I hate it!!! But I hated being really fat too!! Trade offs we all have to make the choices that are right for us. I choose not to go back to eating the "white" aka carbs that made me the tub of lard I was. I choose to follow the drs rules and finally win the fight against fat. Yes, It is all a personal choice. Hopefully we make the right ones. I for one paid too much for this surgery and no not just monetarally to screw up now.

I choke down at least one Protein shake a day... It is something I have resigned myself to do to get that 35 grams of Protein in fast and start my day. I hate it!!! But I hated being really fat too!! Trade offs we all have to make the choices that are right for us. I choose not to go back to eating the "white" aka carbs that made me the tub of lard I was. I choose to follow the drs rules and finally win the fight against fat. Yes' date=' It is all a personal choice. Hopefully we make the right ones. I for one paid too much for this surgery and no not just monetarally to screw up now.[/quote']

Have you tryed Carnation instant Breakfast no sugar added with skim milk I think not bad.

Went thought the same thing you are going though it gets better just hang in there.

Remember why you did this ever time you feel you are slipping and want to cheat. There is nothing wrong with a little indulging every other year or so and if you do then spend a little more time in the gym the next day. I myself won't allow myself to slipp for fear of going back to the way I was I like the new me and so does my family and so will yours

Be strong

Surgery Anniversary 7/30/12

Tryed EAS was alright befor surgery after surgery Yuck. So now I get my Protein fro Quest bars and carnation instant Breakfast no sugar added and skim milk,eggs in the morning and try to eat meat high in Protein and veggies

Surgery Anniversary 7/30/12

I'm pre surgery and I'm told your body will not tolerate carbs that's because of the sugar... and so you'll have negative consequences from dumping when you consume too much sugar carbs... and it this is 1 reason to go with bypass over having a sleeve what are the experiences realistically.... also I read in a forum that chike nutrition has some of the best tasting shakes out there and I agree they don't bother me any... they have flavors like orange strawberry lemon different things . there's no chalky taste and really don't smell like the whey Protein, you can order them for 2 dollars each and try them ilikechike.com