Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

North Louisianians???

Hello from West Monroe! Dr. Cribbins in Dallas will be my surgeon.

Hi,

I live in Delhi and I am seriously considering lapband. Are you happy with your surgery and Dr. Cribbins? Also what is the approximate cost? I am absolutely miserable and just had a Dr. visit today with high blood pressure.I would appreciate any information you would be willing to share.

Thanks

hi im still waiting to hear back from bcbs i have dr merrian hes in shreveport hes great.lmk how that z3rd fill goes,cant wait foir my date.

hi do u exersize alot?im waiting for bcbs to give me approved.did u have it done at bossier hospital?

DGS1963

Have you ever considered having it in Monroe? Dr. Sartor is very very good.

Edited by cheynne
To whom it may concern:

hey all was upset yesterday called lap band office she sent papers out 3 weeks ago i guess i miss uderstood her she says bcbs michigan usually takes 3 months or less to get back to them if im approved or not,so depressed.i thought a month o well,i went reg dr yesterday and have lost 12 pds so thats good anyway,lmk anyone how long took them to hear,hope alls well:frown:

Posted this once but can't find it! <sigh>

I actually felt that Dr. Merriman's office was very unprofessional. They treated me so tacky that I actually filed a complaint with his office and I have NEVER done that before in my life. (My husband is a doc so I am not the type to complain about office staff). But, the complaint was dismissed in such a way that I would have never used Dr. M. I would have used Dr. Norwood had I went ahead with the LapBand. I decided on a different procedure (Gastric Sleeve). I had it done on July 2nd and I have lost 48 lbs as of today.

wow what they do to ya.i know some times i call they dont seem to friendly.im still waiting to hear back

bcbs michigan she told me they is sklow was sent aug 17 they got 20 and it juts got to review the 8th so waiting and hoping, i live louisana

Posted this once but can't find it! <sigh>

I actually felt that Dr. Merriman's office was very unprofessional. They treated me so tacky that I actually filed a complaint with his office and I have NEVER done that before in my life. (My husband is a doc so I am not the type to complain about office staff). But, the complaint was dismissed in such a way that I would have never used Dr. M. I would have used Dr. Norwood had I went ahead with the LapBand. I decided on a different procedure (Gastric Sleeve). I had it done on July 2nd and I have lost 48 lbs as of today.

Actually they are not friendly, there are maybe two ladies there that are super sweet and caring, but the rest kind of bother me. I'm not found of Merriman either, but I DO Think he is a talented, experienced surgeon, with a LOT of experience with the lapband. I have actually been trying to find a better, cheaper place for my fills.

the people who had dr merriman did your lap band or relize band come with a fill to start?

I am SO surprised to see so many of us from West Monroe!!!! I am in the begining stages of LapBand and I started seeing Rita at Calhoun Medical--she works hand in hand with Dr. Cribbens!!! Well my paper work was messed up when it was sent from Calhoun to Dr. Cribbens--that has now been 6 weeks!!! I am TIRED of waiting!!! I was wondering if any of yall had a better suggestion!! I would much rather have someone more local!! I work for Chase Bank and have BCBS of NY!! I plan on calling my insurance company tomorrow so they can give me a list of doctors in the surrounding area that they do cover in network!! I am SO glad I found this group!!! Good luck yall!!