Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My pcp is dragging ass on faxing my records to the surgeon.....I signed my release over two weeks ago and still no records were sent!!! I called today and the lady was less than friendly! She said they have 30 days to FAX from the time of request. My surgeons office is ready to submit but can't without those records! I am really about to lose my cool!!! Any suggestions on how I can get them to hurry up?

good luck!

My pcp is dragging ass on faxing my records to the surgeon.....I signed my release over two weeks ago and still no records were sent!!! I called today and the lady was less than friendly! She said they have 30 days to FAX from the time of request. My surgeons office is ready to submit but can't without those records! I am really about to lose my cool!!! Any suggestions on how I can get them to hurry up?

The same thing was happening to me with my pcp, so I ended up going to pick my stuff up and faxing the records just this morning myself.

OMG they are so cruel. Can your surgeons office call them and ask them to please send them?

I know! I work at a hospital my pcp rounds at so when I see him Monday morning I am going to let him know about these shenanigans! ! I know it does not take 30 days to type in a number and hit the damn FAX button! I used to work at a doctor's office! I am going to call my surgeons office Monday and see if they will call.....otherwise I will be calling my pcps office every day until it is faxed! The squeaky wheel gets the grease!!!

I had a similar issue. My pcp was faxing the forms, but they wouldn't go through. After I called and talked crazy to them they faxed them immediately. Sometimes you have to be less than lady like to get results.

Yeah it wasn't a pretty conversation. .....the bitch claws def came out! I could tell I pissed her off. ...she said "well our pile of records to be faxed is very high, we have other doctors and lawyers waiting just like you!".....I said "well mine is for surgery and I can't imagine it would take 4 weeks to FAX 7 MD notes and some freaking lab results!!" She said....."well I don't know what to tell you" so I told her to transfer me to the office manager and of course I got a voicemail......but I sure did leave one! And I will be calling back Monday! She said even if she was ready to FAX she couldn't because the Dr would be out until Monday and she needed his signature or some bs! I'm willing to wait until Monday but that's it!!

If I were you, I would go to the office.

What should I say if they tell me no?

Go with your instincts.

I would go by the office as well, that is ridiculous! I had to go by and pick mine up and I just took them to my surgeon's office to let them look thru and make sure it was all there.

My surgeon required a letter from my primary doctor, my surgeon even supplied a letter that all my primary had to do was copy it to his letterhead and sign. I too had a problem with the staff, not my doctor so I made a appointment w/my doctor, had a letter on me and just asked him to sign. He took the letter and gave it to his staff that handles all his paperwork and promised he would have it done by that Friday. I was like a stalker - LOL I was calling a couple of times a day until my surgeon had the letter. Its difficult becuase the staff can be very "not nice at time". !!! Good luck and persistance pays off !!!!

I swear they do this crap on purpose. I have avoided my PCP at all costs. I really don't have one but I know if I MUST deal with the office staff it is going to be awful. I know the job sucks but they just don't care. We have to remind them that we are the CUSTOMER. Gtood Luck!!!!

i am so thankful for my dr. and all his staff, they are absolutely wonderful!