Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Spivak's patients .....

I got my 2nd fill on Wednesday. It hurt :-( They had trouble reaching my port because it is really high near my ribs. They filled me so tight nothing would go through so they had to remove a bit. Then they decided since it was so hard to hit my port that they would leave it in and let me eat some yogurt and drink Water to make sure I wasn't still too tight.

I'm from Dallas so I always ask them to make it really tight so that I don't have to come back so soon.

Terridoodle - I think I saw you there, I recognized you from your little picture. I wasn't entirely sure so, of course me being shy, I didn't say HI.

Wombat

hi wombat,

who did your fill?

also did you wait long?

i am spending 1-2 hrs waiting when i go for fills....just curious

Being banded by the Great Dr. Spivak on Tuesday, August 28th! So nervous and excited too! I read too much I guess. Now I read about someone dropping so much weight the Dr couldn't find their port. Is that normal? I am worried about painful fills and PAINFUL gassssss. Well, I am determined to do this and I pray I have no problems. I can't wait to be able to walk and work out with less pain. Good luck everybody and goodnight.

hi tricia,

good luck with your surgery.

dont worry about the fills. Dr spivak and his team are pros. i've had 2 fills and they were quite uneventful.

i love this website ....but i found many things i read that scared me before my surgery....never happened.

so relax and get ready for your new life...

Being banded by the Great Dr. Spivak on Tuesday, August 28th! So nervous and excited too! I read too much I guess. Now I read about someone dropping so much weight the Dr couldn't find their port. Is that normal? I am worried about painful fills and PAINFUL gassssss. Well, I am determined to do this and I pray I have no problems. I can't wait to be able to walk and work out with less pain. Good luck everybody and goodnight.

Well, the fills are really nothing to worry about. They usually go quite smoothly, so there's not reason to worry that yours will be any different! And the gas pain is manageable and temporary! Don't worry! Be happy!! :)

I got there almost an hour early. It's sooo hard to figure out how long it's going to take based on Dallas traffic and Houston traffic. So I actually got in and done by my appointment time.

On my first fill, I only waited about 30 minutes and that was because there was someone they had that they couldn't get the port. My first one went great. I guess as I keep losing it's going to get harder to find? I thought it would be easier to get to since there would be less fat.

I got my 2nd fill on Wednesday. ........

Terridoodle - I think I saw you there, I recognized you from your little picture. I wasn't entirely sure so, of course me being shy, I didn't say HI.

Wombat

I just saw this........You DOG! Yep, I was there on Wednesday from about 11:30-12:45ish? I can't believe you didn't say hello!!! :) Did you see me talking to 2 women?...or later when I came out? The waiting room was crowded when I left! We oughta wear some kind of "LBT" patch or something when we go in there for a fill!! :) I would have loved to meet you!

Looks like I'll be going back very soon...I"m very tight and will probably have to go for a little unfill. The good news is that I'm rarely very hungry!

My apologies Terri :-) If I ever see you there again I will make certain to say hi. I just couldn't remember which name went with the picture. I just knew it was someone I saw a lot so I was thinking terridoodle, mommihammi, wasabubblebut, etc. and I just couldn't remember.

We should where a sign! Then we would have something to talk about while we're waiting for our fills! ;-)

I'm sorry to hear you're too tight. That can be miserable. I actually wish I was just a little bit tighter. They don't seem to understand or listen when I keep saying that I cannot keep making this trip down there. I'm going into my busy season at work and I really shouldn't take anytime off between now and January. That's a long time to go. Anyway, I hope yours gets better soon!!

Wombat

Can't you find a doc in Dallas to do your fills?... or you just want to take advantage of the free ones from Dr. Spivak? (makes sense)

For now I am taking advantage of the free fills. The cost of driving down there ($100 of gas) is still cheaper than anyone around here. The prices range from $200 to $500 for fill if you can find someone that will do it for you since they didn't do the surgery. Once this year is up, I doubt I will be back to see Spivak.

Hello Everyone,

Well I am finally banded! Surgery was on Tuesday and went GREAT! I seem to be dropping a little every day. I weighed at home the day after surgery and I weighed 207.5. Thursday 205.5. Friday 203.5. And Today 202.7. WOW! I am so glad I can see results already. I'm still a little freaked about my first fill. The gas was painful, but it finally passed! lol The only problem I had with the surgery was the Anesth/Assist trying to find a vein. Do your veins get better as you drop the weight? I hate it when someone has to dig for a vein...part of the reason I was nervous about surgery. I hate needles, but I would rather be stuck 100 times than someone to search for a good vein. I've been up and going since the first day of surgery. The second day was a little hard for me because I think I overdid my first day. I hope to meet some of you on Tuesday, I plan on going to the support group. Anyone know what is happening this coming week?

Betsy...you're the best! Thanks for all the support!

I think I did a no no today. Somebody shoot me! I had about 6 baby spoons of applesauce for Breakfast, couldn't get past that. Then I went to visit my Aunt and Uncle, big mistake, maybe. I got there and was drinking my Water and chatting, when my Aunt asked me if I wanted a DONUT. I thought WTH is she asking me for. Then she remembered my surgery and felt horrible, so I being the sweet niece I am told her I would have a bite if she would finish it. Ok, I had two bites, but I chewed them to liquid before swallowing. Then she wanted me to take her for Tai food. I ordered a smoothie with those little tapioca balls in the bottom...YUM. I forgot how portions are alot larger when you are not at home. I really love the drink so I drank 2/3 of it. I am so full if you poked me with a pin right now I think I would POP!!! I am so worried about slippage, someone please reassure me I'm not going to die! Thank goodness for my Flinstones Vitamin, no way I would have gotten any today the way I have eaten.<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

HAHAHAHAHA! You're fine. We all have to test the waters and figure out what we can eat and what we can't. And how to order food, eat out, eat with others, refuse donuts..... It's all part of the process. And once you have your fills and restriction, you'll hopefully have enough practice and have made enough mistakes that you won't be starting from ground zero figuring out how to be a restricted bandster. It's good to have some fear of slippage, and to be cautious, so I don't want to reassure you too much, but we've all been exactly where you are, and we're still alive and kickin'. That's great that your Aunt realized what she did and felt bad about. The people around us have to learn just like we do. You go girl!

For now I am taking advantage of the free fills. The cost of driving down there ($100 of gas) is still cheaper than anyone around here. The prices range from $200 to $500 for fill if you can find someone that will do it for you since they didn't do the surgery. Once this year is up, I doubt I will be back to see Spivak.

Wombat- were you self-pay?