Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Spivak's patients .....

ME TOO!!!! :-) Did they tell you the hospital or surg center?! Last I heard it was the hospital. I wish I knew what time....it'd be cool if we could wave to each other!!

hi everyone,

i just found this thread. i wish i saw it before but i can say "ditto" to everything you guys are saying

i went to dr spivak's seminar last wednesday (based on someone suggesting him on this website) and i had surgery on friday. no preop tests. (besides overweight ...i have high blood pressure)

i went to another company's seminar the week before...they wanted me to see cardiologist, etc. maybe to cover their butts since i am basically healthy beyond the 2 points i mentioned above

wow...what an experience with spivak and his staff....and you guys are right...the surgery is a very individual experience.

the day of the surgery...the people at park plaza were GREAT.

i also had dr jistol as the anesthesiologist...that went great

dr spivak was so reassuring....and the nurses endorsing him as the best didnt hurt either.

the preop lists on this website really helped. it gave a list of things to get in before surgery.

i was 3rd to be operated on. i got there at 6:30 and was out by 2:00

my biggest issue right after surgery was nausea. it was bad. i used tums and that helped it. i should've had ginger in the house but didnt.

now i am having a little pain in my left shoulder but liquid tylenol is helping that. dr spivak explained that it is "referred pain" not gas.

i am following his instructions to the letter of the law. breathing exercises, drinking Water, etc ....i walked my dogs for 1 hr today and am doing fine.

heather...thanks so much for talking about exercise. i got scared right before surgery when people said they werent losing.....you definitely are a power of example.

i dont think i could have worked yesterday or today but i could go in tomorrow if it were a desk job.

anyway i'm glad to find you guys. there are so many doctors and opinions it's great we are under the same "spivak" pyramid to bounce things off.

Are there any Spivak patients that have been attending the Tuesday meetings? If you have I'd love to hear more about them. Are they helpful? What is the crowd like? Are they worth the time?

I went to the first one and it gave me a lot to think about. The speaker didn't show, so it was all open discussion, and that was probably for the best. It's a long way from home for me...I'll probably go once a month depending on the topics.

Best of Luck to you and welcome here!!! You are going to LOVE Dr. Spivak!!! Keep in touch and let us know when you get home!!

Michele

Are there any Spivak patients that have been attending the Tuesday meetings? If you have I'd love to hear more about them. Are they helpful? What is the crowd like? Are they worth the time?

I went last night. I liked seeing the plastic surgery pics. I am planning to have whatever needs to be done after I finish losing all my weight so the process, expense, results, etc. were very interesting to me.

Hello there everyone. This is the first time I haev found this thread. This is great. I to was banded ny Dr. Spivak. He is the most wounderful Doctor. I am blessed to have found him. Plus I love the group meetings every thursday. I love my band. It is the best thing that I have done for myself. Stacey:hippie:

Hello Shineon I go to the meetings and I love them. The people there are so great and everyone is there for each other. You learn alot and at the same time you make friends. Stacey

Thanks for the info I think I am going to start going next week. I live almost an hour from the office but I'd like to get to the meetings at least once or twice a month.

May 23 for me to be "Spivak'd". Sooooooo looking forward to it. Insurance probably will NOT cover me, but I said "dam the torpedoes" full waddle ahead!

I would drive a very long way to have Dr. Spivak as my surgeon.

I too have a 6 month requirement to be on a doctor supervisoed program and I don't have that. You got CIGNA too or something? I am hoping my other physical messes (high blood pressure, triglycerides, cholesterol, OSA) will outweigh that but I am not optimistic. I'm getting it done either way and plan on borrowing the money if necessary. By hook or crook I will be on that table come May 23.....with a SMILE on my little chubby face!

hi icetexas,

where are the thursday meetings? i didnt know about those.

i have attended the tuesday meeting

thanks ahead of time