Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hurricane Charley - PRay for my family

OK, now I am really worried. All the phone numbers I have for them I cannot get through to anyone to talk to. Again I know in my gut that they are OK but I wanna hear their voices. LOL!! Ya know!

I have a friend in Jupiter that is going to drive to Lake Wales and try to find them for me. She said once she does then she will kidnap them and bring them to her house. I told her to not risk her life to find them.

I know my son in law, Jeremy, is probably busy restoring power. Erin is probably safe at her MIL house with her brother, Bradley. I just wanna hear they are safe.

Keep praying.

Penni, hopefully you'll hear from her very soon. I know when our area's been hit, all phones give you a busy circuit, including the cells. Also, don't be surprised if your friend can't drive very far. The roads, that are usable, are jammed. Police are usually guarding areas and won't let you through (to protect from looters, damaged buildings, and electric lines.) Just the loss of electricity causes a lot of problems. Gas pumps, store registers, coolers for bagged ice, atm machines, a/c, -- we dont realize how dependent we are on electricity until it totally shuts down. I'm sure that she will contact you as soon as she possibly can. My prayers are with you.

I just talked to my ex's wife. They live close to my daughter. She said they drove over there and was able to talk to the kids. They are fine and weathered (no pun intended) the storm.

Their house has some Water damage at the front door and they will need a new roof as all their shingles are gone but for the most part the house appeared to be in good condition.

Of course they have no power and the Nextel cell phone system is down. There are some land line phones that are out as well.

But it is good to hear the kids are OK and safe.

Thank for all the prayers. I am still not going to be satisfied till I hear their voices myself, but it is good to know they are OK.

At 3p I got a phone call from my daughter and talked to her and my son. They are fine. They are saving their cell phone batteries as they don't have power and the land lines are sporadically working.

They are doing well. Just frustrated with no power. On the up shot, her husband is making quadruple time working on getting the power up which will help when they have to redo their roof. LOL!!!

Thanks for all your concern and prayers and support.

I'm sooo glad to hear your kiddos are okay!! My son loves in California with his dad and I know how very hard it is to not be able to be there to protect them from whatever harm may come. I'm sure your heart is a lot less heavy now. Thank you for letting us know.

Leatha

Thanks guys for all your support. THat is what kept me sane during that time of uncertainty. I was ready to scream and get on the next flight out to go hunt for them. So thank you for your support. I love all you guys.

I'm so pleased your family are ok - what an nightmare for you !

I saw it on the news - it looked really scarey.

Thanks god your all ok

Aud x

WHEW! Glad everyone made it though the storm! It's tough to be so far away in a situation like that!

Darcy

Got a phone call last night from her. She sounds exhausted. They are staying with MIL and things are not good. So, she called me in tears wanting to know if the offer I made of a hotel room was still open. I said OF COURSE!! MIL is a real bitch. I can't stand her. Her own son can't stand her. LOL!!

So, I got the last room in the town close by to where they live. They check in today. LOL!!

Her husband works for Florida Power so he is working 30 hours then taking 6 hour off to rest then back at it. He sounds like he could just drop. I worry about his safety. He said one guy fell and hit his head. They had to life flight him to the nearest town as the town where he was hurt is not operational. Pretty serious stuff.

Thanks again for all the support

Penni

I'm glad to hear you daughter and son in law are safe. you are a great mother to offer help from so far away! I'd do the same thing too knowing how I am..I dont know if I could live with my mother in law either!

Penni, does that count as your good deed for the day? So glad all is safe w/your daughter and her family. Now, comes the long part -- the clean up and trying to resume a regular life.