Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starving! Am I The Only One Always Hungry?

Ok i am only 6 days post op i swear I'm starving all day! I have to eat something every 2 hours. I can only take a small amount or i get sick. Like 4 spoonfuls (applesauce, pudding, cream of wheat, Jello) even if i make a Protein Shake or a cib shake i can only drink half if I'm lucky. But 2hours later im starving! I'm trying to get in my Protein but that doesn't help. I wake up in the morning and I'm dizzy almost fainting if i don't sit down. Am i the only one??

Ok i am only 6 days post op i swear I'm starving all day! I have to eat something every 2 hours. I can only take a small amount or i get sick. Like 4 spoonfuls (applesauce' date=' pudding, cream of wheat, Jello) even if i make a Protein shake or a cib shake i can only drink half if I'm lucky. But 2hours later im starving! I'm trying to get in my Protein but that doesn't help. I wake up in the morning and I'm dizzy almost fainting if i don't sit down. Am i the only one??[/quote']

Yes I'm always dizzy. Im always hungry but I kno it's head hunger. Im eatting the samethings you are but I need to work on protein in take. I'm 7days post op.

Yes I'm always dizzy. I'm only down 11 pounds :( Im always hungry but I kno it's head hunger. Im eatting the samethings you are but I need to work on Protein in take. I'm 7days post op.

Sounds like head hunger and it will subside. You'll get to the point where you'll actually forget to eat or food will just not be appealing to you at all. Just remember to sip, sip, sip! My surgeon didn't have us really concentrating on Protein so early out, our goal was to get all of our liquids in in order to stay hydrated. I promise the "hunger" will subside.

(Congrats on the 19 lbs by the way!)

I am 8 days post op and yesterday was my first day on solids and I felt hungry all day. But I am only allowed soft Proteins right now such as cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, eggs, mashed beans(pinto or black) and cheese. Try some of those when you eat instead of applesauce or pudding so you are getting your Protein in and it will stay with you longer. I think yesterday I just felt hungry b.c I knew it was the first day in 3 weeks I was able to 'eat' something. Congrats on the 19 pounds, that is awesome!!! Keep me posted on how you are doing since we are only 2 days apart! We can do this together!!!

Thanks everyone i feel a little better knowing its in my head. Tyring to get my liquids in and Protein when i can. I can't start soft foods till next week bit i can't wait for eggs and tuna! Lol I'm counting the days for that :-)

You are going thru food withdrawls - LOL. I was not hungry at all for a few months after surgery. Your body is adjusting.. just follow the plan your doctor has for you and you will do fine. 19 is AWESOME :)