Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am getting frustrated waiting! I am required to take 6 months of therapy and I am two months in. I really can't wait!

I don't want to wait anymore, I want this phase of my life over!! I want to start on my physical transformation! My therapist says that my mental health has improved tenfold since I started seeing her. And that's great, I feel great mentally I am a strong independent young woman, and I see now how beautiful my personality is. I just want the outside to match, and I don't want to wait for it anymore!!!

It Is frustrating how the thing that I want most is so close but it feels a million miles away sometimes. I have my job and school to fill the time but the times I am not in school or at work or therapy are excruciatingly long, all I can think about is the surgery, all I can think about is how much longer I have.

No one seems to understand why I am being so melodramatic about 4 months, but they must have never wanted something as much as I want this. This surgery will mark the halfway point of my transformation from who I am to someone I will be, they don't understand d that this surgery is my future and it is all I have ever wanted wrapped up in a box.

Sorry for the rant. It is just one of those nights.

It'll be here before you know it, but I also know how time stands still while waiting for it. Just keep up the good work, you'll get there.

I was like that as well, counting down the days to fry approved seemed like they took a lifetime. I was obsessed with researching and trying to prepare myself so much it was really stressing me out. I've been approved and set a date for surgery of the week of December 17th. I am waiting for this semester of school to be over and I just told myself not to think about it so much because it was consuming my life. It also helped me realize how to change my life in the meantime. I've been taking more walks, goin outside and playing with my son at the parks, not drinking sodas, just trying to adjust slowly before the surgery happens and it's so much at once that changes. Time goes on, and if I've been like this for years what's another couple months ya know? Keep your head up, your time is coming :)

I understand completely!! I have researched and wanted this surgery for 10 years now and finally had insurance this year that covers it. And just now October 4 will make my final weigh in before approval which I had to do 6 months but consecutive so really 7

it's totally understandable to want the surgery as quickly as possible after making the decision. INsurance requirements cause all different lengths of time between the first initial visit and the actual date. Take this time to get very well prepared mentally for pre and POST op time. The more prep work the better in my opinion. For me I started before my first visit with the surgeon because I had the lapband prior and knew I had to get ahold of the head hunger issues and the reasons why I ate the wrong foods etc. What triggered the eating etc. It's been a phenominal help to me having figured it all out and continue to work on it. It sure helps the process even post op :)

Believe me the surgery will get here quick!

I am getting frustrated waiting! I am required to take 6 months of therapy and I am two months in. I really can't wait!

I don't want to wait anymore' date=' I want this phase of my life over!! I want to start on my physical transformation! My therapist says that my mental health has improved tenfold since I started seeing her. And that's great, I feel great mentally I am a strong independent young woman, and I see now how beautiful my personality is. I just want the outside to match, and I don't want to wait for it anymore!!!

It Is frustrating how the thing that I want most is so close but it feels a million miles away sometimes. I have my job and school to fill the time but the times I am not in school or at work or therapy are excruciatingly long, all I can think about is the surgery, all I can think about is how much longer I have.

No one seems to understand why I am being so melodramatic about 4 months, but they must have never wanted something as much as I want this. This surgery will mark the halfway point of my transformation from who I am to someone I will be, they don't understand d that this surgery is my future and it is all I have ever wanted wrapped up in a box.

Sorry for the rant. It is just one of those nights.[/quote']

Hey Girl! I too know what it is to wait forever!! I'm so excited for you! My surgery is Friday and now it's like the days are flying. Know what? I'm nervous! It would surely do good to have some "practice" days...you know, Clear liquids only? Just a thought. Keep us posted. We are all working through this time together :)

u are close then u no take this time to mentally prepare because my surgery is Thursday and feel like its unreal im so scared the time will fly and u wil be sitting there days before u surgery saying wow it came fast im so scared very soon