Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't Make My Body Happy

If I eat when I'm not hungry I get nauseous, and if wait until I'm hungry (bad, I know!) I eat fast and it hurts. I can't find happy medium.

Any suggestions? Besides eat slower when your hungry! Lol :)

Surgery 7/25/12

I find that when I eat 3 meals a day and a very small snack in between "IF" I get hungry I am OK. The way my doctors office says this whole thing works is to stop drinking 1 hr. before you eat your meal and do not drink a hour after your meal. So the food stays in your pouch and you feel full for a longer period of time. Eating Breakfast, lunch and dinner where there is a min. of 3-4 hours between meals is good... you keep your metabolisim up etc. I know its difficult to get all your Water in by not drinking 6 hours out of the day but as you get further along in your recovery you can adjust. What works for me is the 3 meals a day !!!

My surgeon uses the stop drinking before and wait after but he says 15-30 min.

I was never a breakfast person, and that messes me up now! Im supposed to eat right away when I wake up but I eat like 3 hours later... I need to break this cycle.

Thanks for the feedback! :)

Surgery 7/25/12

My surgeon uses the stop drinking before and wait after but he says 15-30 min.

I was never a breakfast person' date=' and that messes me up now! Im supposed to eat right away when I wake up but I eat like 3 hours later... I need to break this cycle.

Thanks for the feedback! :)

Surgery 7/25/12[/quote']

Why not take a Protein shake when u wake up then breakfast 3 hours later?

Sent from my Galaxy S III using RNYTalk

Why not take a Protein shake when u wake up then breakfast 3 hours later?

Never thought of that! Genius! I can drink while I'm getting ready! You're the best! Tomorrow morning I start!

Surgery 7/25/12

Coool :-) enjoy it

My doctors office told me to eat every 3 hours

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

Jenn

The Protein drink in the morning is a great suggestion. I heard on Dr Oz that you need 35 grams of Protein in the morning to jump start your metablism. I am like you and cannot eat first thing so I always do my Protein shake in the morning. Then for some reason I never know when Im hungry but do get a stabbing pain when I dont eat. So I pretty much set myself up to eat something every 2-3 hours. baby bel light, string cheese, greek yogurt. It helps me alot!!!

I use whey Protein powder and I mix it with skim milk. That's 38 grams of Protein to start your day :-)

Kristy- I went shopping last night for cheeses and Greek yogurt. I need to get my snack on :) my doctor suggests 3 meals a day.... Breakfast being one! I would think the more Protein in the .morning is best... That Dr oz is a smart good looking man! :) I drank my shake this morning I got it down and my 1/2 yogurt & cheese for breakfast in about hour.

Lili- whey Protein and skim milk! If you can get them down more power to ya! It's hard & your getting all the protein.... You rock!

Surgery 7/25/12

Kristy- I went shopping last night for cheeses and Greek yogurt. I need to get my snack on :) my doctor suggests 3 meals a day.... Breakfast being one! I would think the more Protein in the .morning is best... That Dr oz is a smart good looking man! :) I drank my shake this morning I got it down and my 1/2 yogurt & cheese for breakfast in about hour.

Lili- whey Protein and skim milk! If you can get them down more power to ya! It'sJe hard & your getting all the protein.... You rock!

Surgery 7/25/12

Jenn

Am 5 weeks out now and it's not so hard to get this down. I changed to whey recently and am loving it. Almost half of my daily protein is in this morning cup :-)

Which powered do you use? I've tried: chocolate, vanilla, Cookies and cream, French vanilla, and unflavored.... They all taste nasty! I hate the chalkiness. I'm 9 weeks and I've added fruit, extracts, Decaf coffee, sf creamers.... Lol desperate to fall in love with one. So my Atkins premade mocha latte is tolerantable. I just have to drink more Water.

What flavor and brand?

Surgery 7/25/12

I have found I can stomach the oh yeah ready to drink Protein Drinks I had lap band about 2 years ago and that whole time never found something I could tolerate. They have 32 grams of Protein they remind me of slim fasts. Then I eat cheese and yogurt and cottage cheese to get my other protein in, was crazy I had a half oz of broiled pork last night and was full. Was a amazing feeling after only so little.

Which powered do you use? I've tried: chocolate' date=' vanilla, Cookies and cream, French vanilla, and unflavored.... They all taste nasty! I hate the chalkiness. I'm 9 weeks and I've added fruit, extracts, Decaf coffee, sf creamers.... Lol desperate to fall in love with one. So my Atkins premade mocha latte is tolerantable. I just have to drink more Water.

What flavor and brand?

Surgery 7/25/12[/quote']

Jenn,

Sorry you didn't like it.

I use the body fortress Whey powder. I blend it with the milk or you can mix it in a shaker cup. Blending makes the shake very smooth.

I tried strawberry, vanilla, and cream n cookie. I like them all.

You can add some vanilla extract or splenda to make it taste better.