Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Earthquake alert

Devana

The national geological survey has given a warning that our area may be in for a substantial earthquake in the next couple of weeks. This is based on a pattern of small quakes that have become deeper and moved northward over the last few days.

I think earthquake prediction is a relatively new science, so it will be interesting if this will come to pass.

We're mainly ready. There has been an earthquake preparedness program in our area for years now. I'll just make sure I keep my car gassed up.

Where is your area?

I have not heard about this series of small quakes, Im in Seattle, so I must say I keep prepared too, so thanks for the heads up so to speak, I noticed I was at half a tank today and thought I would gas up tomorrow, I know better than that but, alas, I wanted to just get home. Hope if we do get one that it is a deep one, not a surface one as those tend to be the real doozies eh? This is always interesting to me. Have you been through a quake yet? I have and boy, it gave me such vertigo for a couple of days. Funny thing, my dog barked like crazy and all the birds took flight just seconds before I could feel anything. Animals just have some sense about them. Its amazing. Oh BTW, I love Vancouver Island, and my favorite vacation was at Harrison Hot Springs. Sooo Beautifulll.

Suffer West Coast weenies.

Hey! Just cuz we can't drive in a half of inch of snow! :nervous

I've been watching what's going on back east. You guys are really getting nailed.

Hang in there.

Make sure your "72 hour bag" is fresh and ready.....essential supplies, food, meds, Water, clothing...for 3 days....and HAVE IT ACCESSIBLE...

You're right, Jack. I have three of these, one in the car, one at the office and one in the house. I also put one in my sweetie's truck.

My car stash has come in handy on several occasions when flashlights, blankets, first aid supplies, sanitary supplies or those dandy little hand warmers have been needed.

We had a small tremor yesterday, but it apparently was a surface one rather than one of the deep ones they were predicting.

Hey! Just cuz we can't drive in a half of inch of snow! :nervous

I've been watching what's going on back east. You guys are really getting nailed.

Hang in there.

You Lotus Land folk were paying your dues behind the bad weather awhile back when we easterners were wondering whether we would even experience winter. It was lovely autumn weather in southern Ontario until mid-January.:) Now the weather here is pretty damn cold!!! Brrrrrr!