Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi,:typing:

Just thought I'd intro myself.:)

Banded on 26th of Jan. Weighed 116 kilos. 256 lb. (Gosh, this talk of pounds is very confusing for me!) Have lost some weight, about 10lb and was really happy with the results - but a bit disappointed that it really doesn't seem as much as much as some of the guys on here,who got banded at around the same time! :pout:

Also, had a really rubbish time of it. Before op, thought it would be a quick in and out - back to life in 2 days - job. But I really went through a LOT of pain. Yesterday was the first day I had some semblance of normalness. The tummy incisions were excruciating and the gas and chest pain has only just gone down:sick . Have had to be off work the whole week... (which isn't that bad, I guess!:evil: )... though hubbie is the only one to know the reason why...

What I seem to have learnt in reading your posts is how different we all react to the surgery - in terms of pain, time- off and rate of weight loss.

Also, diet wise am ok. Am actually not hungry, which is too cool! The regime of eating is different to a lot of the posts I read - i.e liquids only for two days. two weeks of slop and 2 weeks of soft food and then hurrah hurrah solids. Btw, baby food is yum! :baby:

Would love to hear more about how the newbies out there are doing and what your experiences are and also some success stories from the fantastic awe-inspiring slimmers out there.

Ciao,

TB07

HI TB07

Do I guess correctly based on the fact you are more comfy with kg than pounds that you are another Aussie- if thats the case double welcome ( I am in Adelaide south Australia)

The amount of pain etc that people get post op and how quickly they recover varies tremendously and ther doesn't often seem to be much rhyme or reason why one person sails through and another struggles a bit- It will get better though, it s major surgery so even a week off work s not that bad really. the gas pain etc is usally the cultprit, for some people t causes irritation that s felt as shoulder/chest pain evn after the gas has been absorbed

The post op diet I was given was pretty much like yours but you are right it varies a whole from surgeon to surgeon

I was banded quite some time ago but have had a lot of other medical problems to deal with that kinda put a stop on weight loss- so I am a born again bandster and have gone from 175 kg(385pounds) to 150kg ( 330pounds) since November- still a long way to go but gettng there

nice to meet you - i'm new to this board too but it does provide great support

Karen

Hi TBO7- I was banded on Jan.30th @ about 9:00 am. I was in the recovery room by 11:00. I did stay overnight in the hospital. I had a bad 2nd day (31st). I was very uncomfortable and the gas pains were the worst. I was crying in pain- it was that bad! Then yesterday I felt a little better. I did not take my pain meds because they made me nauseous (I did not want to vomit). I took liquid tylenol and was fine. I still have gas pains,but not as bad. I am having a hard time getting my fluids in because it seems like whenever I put anything in, I get gas pains. I am not hungry at all at this time. I agree with you about the fact that we are all different and our pre-op and post-op diets are different, and how we react to the surgery is different. Personally, I thought it would be alot easier than what it was. It is getting easier now.Best of luck to you.Keep us updated-Gigi

Welcome to lapband talk forum. I am 8 months post op and I've lost 40 lbs. Its been a slow process for me but I love my band. Good luck.

Hi Karen, Gigi and Julie,

Thanks a lot for your kind words of support.

Karen, am UK not Oz, but hello anyways. And congrats on the weight loss - 25kg is great!:P

Julie -40 lbs is great - it really is inspiring:)

Gigi, it will get better - promise! Yesterday we even had friends over for dinner - needless to say I had Soup - but am getting back into the swing!

Ciao for now and keep in touch amigos:)

TB07

Hi tropical bird, did you say you were from uk? looking to talk to someone from England, i hav spoke to Yvonne she is from Scoland, i am trying to find aftercare help in my area nw England, any info would be great thanks Liz.