Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will a complete unfill allow you to vomit?

I don't have a band yet, but if I got an illness with a lot of nausea would a complete unfill allow me to vomit without having to remove the band?

Thanks

allow me to vomit without having to remove the band?

I've never been under the impression that bandsters can't vomit. Otherwise we wouldn't pursue liquid antiemitics like Lotto tickets! My understanding is simply that vomitting can cause band complications including slips, so should be avoided.

I'm no doctor, but my best guess is that one's ability to vomit when unfilled would depend on the level of natural restriction received from the unfilled band. Some people have a large amount of restriction from empty bands.

Some bandsters cant vomit and will spend hours dry heaving. I hate chucking more than anything, but I'd hate to not be able to get the relief of a good hurl when I'm sick. Not that its happened to me more than once or twice in the last 25 years.

Others can throw up but only a bit comes back. That would be as bad.

At the info night I went to the surgeon said if you start to feel nauseous and know you're getting sick, if its possible to be unfilled, do so as soon as you can. It "may" minimise the risk to your band if there's as little restriction there as possible.

That seems to be mostly what I hear about, on our Aussie board, nobody has actually had a full on coming out both ends and out your nose horrible gastro vomit yet, and touch wood, nobody does. I used to be afraid of catching gastro from the kids, now I"m pathologically, deathly fearful.

Lets just hope it doesnt happen and you never have to find out.

I got a little stomach bug, and the vomiting was quite strange.... nothing came up but a lot of air. I immediately began taking Phenergen so I wouldn't keep dry heaving. It was so bizarre!

I had a complete unfill when I got pregnant and I had morning sickness really bad. My band ended up slipping and had to be removed. My advice would be to make phenegran your best friend. If the phenegran makes you too sleepy Zofran is a wonderful drug. It is extrememly expensive if you do not have insurance so be careful. You can vomit with an unfill but I would not recommend it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches