Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Turkey Jerky

Hi! Im in Riverside. Had my surgery in Murrieta at inland valley... You? Nice to meet someone so close :)

Surgery 7/25/12

Wow, we are close! :) I was supposed to have my surgery at the same hospital with Dr. Suh, but my insurance wouldn't approve me having it at Inland Valley. I ended up going to Sharp Memorial in San Diego and Dr. Mueller is my surgeon. It all worked out because Sharp is an amazing hospital with nice private rooms, and I love my surgeon and his staff. I had been attending the support groups in Murrieta pre-op and will split my post-op groups between Murrieta and San Diego. Did Dr. Suh do your surgery or someone else? Have you ever gone to the support groups in Murrieta or do you go to Corona?

Wow' date=' we are close! :) I was supposed to have my surgery at the same hospital with Dr. Suh, but my insurance wouldn't approve me having it at Inland Valley. I ended up going to Sharp Memorial in San Diego and Dr. Mueller is my surgeon. It all worked out because Sharp is an amazing hospital with nice private rooms, and I love my surgeon and his staff. I had been attending the support groups in Murrieta pre-op and will split my post-op groups between Murrieta and San Diego. Did Dr. Suh do your surgery or someone else? Have you ever gone to the support groups in Murrieta or do you go to Corona?[/quote']

Dr. Suh! :) I love this man is amazing. He is everything I could have hoped for in a surgeon. I went to one support group pre op as required and went to corona. I feel I need to go back but couldn't go this month, I want to go to a kaiser one/my insurance also has their own support group.

Surgery 7/25/12

Dr. Suh! :) I love this man is amazing. He is everything I could have hoped for in a surgeon. I went to one support group pre op as required and went to corona. I feel I need to go back but couldn't go this month' date=' I want to go to a kaiser one/my insurance also has their own support group.

Surgery 7/25/12[/quote']

Small world! Dr. Sub is a great doctor and I love Lisa too! She was very supportive after I had to switch doctors and basically start all over. We've kept in touch and I can't wait to see her next month now that I'm on the other side! I felt really more comfortable after I knew that Dr. Suh/Lisa and my new doctor knew each other and it's been smooth sailing ever since. I love the support groups btw. I went for almost a year pre op on my own. Lots of great info! Maybe we will meet one day in person. :-)

The brand is Ostrim. You can find it online too. Here is the nutrition info on the natural flavor. (but they have all diff flavors)

Nutritional Information

Serving Size 1 stickServings Per Container 10 Amount Per Serving % Daily Value Calories 80 Calories from Fat 15 Total Fat 2 g 3% Saturated Fat 1 g 3% Cholesterol 25 mg 8% Sodium 360 mg 15% Potassium 540 mg 16% Total Carbohydrate 2 g 1% Sugars 1 g Protein 14 g 28% Calcium 2% Iron 10% -->

Had never noticed this until today at my 3 month post op apt...they gave me some samples...can't wait to try them.

I haven't been cleared for beef or pork yet' date=' and I missed beef Jerky. Never had pork jerky gonna have to try it.

Surgery 7/25/12[/quote']

Wow you haven't. Funny how all doctors are different I had my surgery 08-01-12 and my doctor has released me to eat what ever but to recognize how my body handles it. I have gotten really good at chew chew chew :-)

Wow you haven't. Funny how all doctors are different I had my surgery 08-01-12 and my doctor has released me to eat what ever but to recognize how my body handles it. I have gotten really good at chew chew chew :-)

They are different. I haven't had bread Pasta or tortilla... I don't crave it and I love chicken & turkey & shrimp so I'm good.... Well I lied... I crave and miss pepperoni pizza!!!!! Lol

Surgery 7/25/12

Small world! Dr. Sub is a great doctor and I love Lisa too! She was very supportive after I had to switch doctors and basically start all over. We've kept in touch and I can't wait to see her next month now that I'm on the other side! I felt really more comfortable after I knew that Dr. Suh/Lisa and my new doctor knew each other and it's been smooth sailing ever since. I love the support groups btw. I went for almost a year pre op on my own. Lots of great info! Maybe we will meet one day in person. :-)

Lisa is pretty great. They have all been great they make everyone feel comfortable and they care. Meeting in person would be awesome, networking and sharing info. Is your surgeons guidelines similar to Dr Suh?

Surgery 7/25/12

costco sells Pacific Gold Teriyaki Turkey Jerky - 80 cals per 1 oz serving and 11 grams of Protein. Much more tender than most beef jerky and I think this one is delicious. Like all things Costco, you may have to scrounge around for it a little but it's worth the effort. I buy multiple bags and always have it on hand for Snacks. Now as much as I like Pacific Gold, Wal-mart sells Old Wisconsin Turkey Bites and I love these things - 80 cals per 6 bite serving with 7 grams of protein. If you like savory stuff, these things are over-the-top good. Totally addictive!!

costco sells Pacific Gold Teriyaki Turkey Jerky - 80 cals per 1 oz serving and 11 grams of Protein. Much more tender than most beef jerky and I think this one is delicious. Like all things costco, you may have to scrounge around for it a little but it's worth the effort. I buy multiple bags and always have it on hand for Snacks. Now as much as I like Pacific Gold, Wal-mart sells Old Wisconsin Turkey Bites and I love these things - 80 cals per 6 bite serving with 7 grams of Protein. If you like savory stuff, these things are over-the-top good. Totally addictive!!

The Turkey Bites are yummy! Have you tried the snack slices? They come in a single serving pack, about 10 little slices to a pack. 60 cal, 3.5 g fat, 6 g protein.

The Turkey Bites are yummy! Have you tried the snack slices? They come in a single serving pack, about 10 little slices to a pack. 60 cal, 3.5 g fat, 6 g Protein.

I haven't tried them yet but I have seen them. They are definitely on my list!