Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am happily married,mother of 15 yr.old daughter,have 2 dogs,a nice house and car that gets me to where ever I need to go...and I cry every day....

I have not had surgery..but I am hopeing to...I am looking into all the info I may need be for I contact Caresource...My insurance.....I am hopeing that it will be approved...I seen on some other sites that you may need this or that and so far I am falling into the right area...next week I will be seeing my Dr.about it...I just don't know what to do first...some have gone through the whole meeting the Dr.and visits at the Hospital and even have a date for surgery be for they are even oked by there insurance...I guess I am just looking for some info on what to do first...I have my mind made up..I know I need help...and I have tried every diet out there,done the pills and met with counslers to talk about food and even set down for 2 hr. with A dietitian... but at 350+ what else is left...so any suggestions would be great....

Thanks

Mary

mary,

you are in the right place--look around this site--you will find lots of information and very helpful people to help you with anything you ask. i just got my lapband jan 8th and so far, so good. it was much easier than i thought it would be to go through--and i'm glad i did it. i get my first fill on feb 21, and i expect (or hope) to have even more restriction than i have now. this is, i think, a lifesaver for me. it's going to help me KNOW right away, when i've HAD ENOUGH TO EAT.

make sure you get a really experienced surgeon. if you have to travel a little to go to a better surgeon--do that. it's worth it. you don't want to be someone the dr is "practicing on." you want someone who really knows how to do this.

good luck,

girlin

nyc

Yeah - I think you probably need to start looking for a good surgeon near you.

If you find one that sounds good - see if he gives an informational seminar - and go to it.

Most surgeons want a Pre-Determination of Medical Neccessity before they will operate. Mine wanted that before I ever talked to him, personally! It was an assembly line process.

One thing you can do this very minute is Google LapBand + your City & State.

You may be able to find a bunch of information right on line - especially seminars and surgeon sites.

After to have an idea of the surgeon and go to an informational seminar - I think it will all start to fall into place.

Hugs and good luck!

I totally get that having everything and crying every day. Been there, done that.

Mary, it sounds like the lapband is definitely for you. Good luck with the process. Sorry you cry every day. There is hope out here with the band and this community. Please feel free to post anytime.

Hi Mary- You surely have come to the right place. This website is full of information and supportive people. Best of luck on your journey-Keep us posted- Gigi

I can not thank all of you enough for all the kind words and all...I told my husband and he is so surpriced...most groups you are lucky to here from any one...you are all a huge help and I will be in touch..and I hope you all keep up the good work and I am praying for ALL of US....

well,talked to my reg.Dr.on Tue.7-3-07,about the surgery,and she agrees I need help...BP was through the roof,am checking it every day till the 13,and I will go in for fasting blood test,will be going to first simanar on 7-14-07 in Middletown Ohio,I have Caresource insurance and I called to find out what they look for before approving and was told only would talk to the Dr....right now I have Artharites in both knees and back,with a touch in hand,asthema,back and joint pain,sleep apnea,and depression....am getting somewhat excited...Have seen you may only loose 2-5 lbs.a week,but that could be 50 lbs.in 2 1/2 months!!!!will be in touch..any one else have same insurance?any problem with them? andy suggestions?Thanks...Mary