Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Fitness Pal

I'm just curious as to how many carbs or the percentage of carbs that are being used by those of you who use My Fitness Pal. It seems like I'm getting an awful lot of carbs, and that usually is a much higher percentage than my Protein. I am getting all my protein in, but I'm a little concerned about the number of carbs I seem to be getting.

I also track on my fitness pal but mainly make sure I'm getting my protein..went back to look at then and my carbs are all over the place. Still losing after over 6 months so I'm still not going to put much value on it. I know I'm a carb aholoc but don't eat even remotely like I used to

My carbs are also all over the place, but generally under 30 grams per day. My doc said easy rule if thumb is no more than 10 grams total carbs per serving. I try my best.

Mkmb, my fitness pal is an ap for your phone, or u can sign up online. It willhelp u track calories, Protein, carbs, exercise, Water etc. It's a great tool to keep yourself on track.

I use myfitnesspal as well, and log my food in everyday, but to be honest, I don't pay much attention to my carb intake. I focus on my Protein and sodium intake.

I am like Trever. I focus on my Protein. My sodium intake is so small that I don't pay any attention to it. I think MFP overcounts the carbs in the foods I eat -- seriously I think this. Maybe this is self delusion but I don't think so. I eat very, very carefully. Having Type I diabetes is not something I would wish on anyone, including myself, but I take what I eat very seriously because I have a very serious chronic illness. I mention my diabetes because carbs matter hugely to my glucose readings. MFP does not track insulin injections or glucose readings, two key data points for my health monitoring.

I have been tracking my meals on myfitnesspal lately, to see if it is a tool that I want to use. MFP does not track some key metrics that I need to track. And I swear MFP overcounts carbs. Even if I underestimate the carbs I eat, which I don't think I do, at least not much, it shows up in my glucose readings. Anyway, I have decided MFP does not quite meet my needs.

I am pre-op with a surgery date of Jan. 16th. I am aware that all my thoughts about food might be different after Jan. 16th but I am anticipating being very focussed on getting in my Protein for the first couple months.

I

Add me on MFP if were not already friends Soocalchic :)