Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another Newbie =)

haha, Well I was supposed to be getting ready for work this morning, but kept putting it off because I wasn't done reading some threads. ^_^

Yeah and forced to go to bed early because after midnight no one posts anything LOL

Well it's an awfully good thing that my husband is on here too because he understands why I am neglecting him at night when we get home. He's trying to watch tv or something with me, but I've got the lap top on and I am just typing away, and it's not homework.

WElcome to the boards Jordan and Heavy Duty. :) Great to do this together...talk about cheap dates later on huh? :)

Thats what my hubby says....I'm a cheap date. I can take a few bites from his plate and be full. hahaha So he's on a diet whether he wants it or not....he actually loves it because it's helping him lose weight too.

Good luck on your journeys!

Thank you, LosingIt! We will definitely have cheap dates later. lol. "um, yes, we will split the cup of veggie Soup, please, and....1 glass of Water. I am starving!! Thank you!". lol.

Too funny!! But it is really nice to have someone go through this with you. I was hoping my cousin was going to go on this adventure together but she says its because her husband but I know its because she is not ready to give up the fast food and restaurant lifestyle. I worry about her more then I worry about me

Ya, I was quite accustomed to my "fast food"lifestyle, but it's just not worth it! I have given up so much already, clothing, enjoying activities, being outside, and most importantly, my health, because I would rather eat Cookies and ice cream and have someone else cook my meals instead of myself. But it's time to get off my butt and do it myself and take the control back. I love my husband with every ounce in my body, (love you, huni!) but if he hadn't have supported my decision, and it was something that I was wanting and ready to do, I still would have had to do it, for me. But because he is so wonderful and wants the same things, it makes things so much easier.

Having a great home base support is so key!! I couldn't have started & be on the journey if it wasn't for the support of my husband!!! He has been so positive throughout the while thing which just makes it even more exciting to do well with this!! I think it's fantastic that you're doing it together, what a amazing way to strengthen your marriage even more!!! :)

Having a great home base support is so key!! I couldn't have started & be on the journey if it wasn't for the support of my husband!!! He has been so positive throughout the while thing which just makes it even more exciting to do well with this!! I think it's fantastic that you're doing it together, what a amazing way to strengthen your marriage even more!!! :)

Thank you so much, and I couldn't agree more! We have a great and incredible marriage as it is, but like you said, I think this will only bring us even closer together. Thank you for the encouraging words! :)

hi Jordan..welcome! my husband and I have had surgery together. 2 weeks apart! he went first :) it has been such an amazing experience to do this together. but keep in mind everyone's body is different. I got discouraged a few times because his recovery and eating was smooth sailing. mine on the other hand hasnt been. I can't tolerate cold fluids anymore (my surgery was 9/10/12). I get so crampy from them and get so jealous when I watch him drink a cold bottle of water! but I know it'll get better and it's so worth it. I just keep thinking of life together in the kitchen once

we are both healed and teaching our boys how to eat healthy :) good luck!!!

hi Jordan..welcome! my husband and I have had surgery together. 2 weeks apart! he went first :) it has been such an amazing experience to do this together. but keep in mind everyone's body is different. I got discouraged a few times because his recovery and eating was smooth sailing. mine on the other hand hasnt been. I can't tolerate cold fluids anymore (my surgery was 9/10/12). I get so crampy from them and get so jealous when I watch him drink a cold bottle of water! but I know it'll get better and it's so worth it. I just keep thinking of life together in the kitchen once

we are both healed and teaching our boys how to eat healthy :) good luck!!!

That is wonderful to hear of other couples going together. We are wanting ours that close too. Good luck and I hope that you too can enjoy cold liquids again.

That is wonderful to hear of other couples going together. We are wanting ours that close too. Good luck and I hope that you too can enjoy cold liquids again.

thank you! me too! :) keep us posted on your surgery dates!