Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 2 weeks and 4 days post op and my weight is stuck already!!!! I was losing 1lb a day and now I haven't lost anything in a few days! I am doing the same thing as before...I even started taking walks (the other day I walked most of the jersey gardens mall) and nothing! I'm scared. I don't want to fail at this!!! Anyone else go/going thru this???

Don't get freaked out.... we all go thru it. I am stuck right now for the past 3 wks. I am 5 months post op so I increased my exercise. In the beginning I also had a week at times where I did not loose. This happens to lots of people don't get discouraged. The best thing you can do is exercise, get a real good sweat going, maybe purchase a heart rate monitor where it tells you what zone you are in. I realy on a heart rate monitor when I jog so I know I am in the fat burning zone. Good luck and you will be just fine.... I know it is frustrating !!!

Be patient with yourself and the process. We all went through something like this. Your body just had surgery and has to take a break to heal and adjust to the losses experienced. Each of us do this stall at different times and for different lengths of time and for some of us it happens often. But guaranteed your weight will start dropping again soon and if you are following the rules (i.e. enough Protein, sleeping, eating right, exercising and drinking enough water) there is no way you will not lose this weight. Honestly at your stage it will not stop. I had a major stall in the second month for almost 3 months, that included gaining weight. Heck, I just gained back almost 2 pounds in the last couple days. Am I frustrated yes, but I now know it will start up again and to just keep on plugging away. I even raised my excercise level and still gained. It is what it is and your body is doing what it has to handle all the changes. We did not lose this overnight and it is unrealistic to expect it to happen that quickly (I remember being lectured with that same quote and boy did it annoy me at the time lol), so reevaluate your goals and expectations and stop worrying. You are doing awesome, you have lost a lot of weight already and it will come off and you will love the new you, we promise!!

Three months out from surgery today and have lost halfway to my goal weight even with all the stalls and weight gains I keep experiencing. OH!! measure yourself everywhere and write it down, then every week check those measurements because those change even when you are not losing weight and it is nice to see that progress as well.

best of luck and keep strong it is worth it!!

3 weeks not months LOL

Fear not! All part of the process. Stay focused on following the protocol, stay active (love the mall walking - walking is walking and it's so important to find something that you enjoy in the process!!), and stay away from the scales for at least a week and more if you can stand it.

Sometimes increasing your Protein to a 100g a day for a few days will jump start your metabolism and cause your body to start burning stored fuel. How many calories are you eating on a daily average? If they are too low your body can interpret it as a famine state and it starts to conserve fuel in response. If you think that might be the case, increasing your calorie intake a little may result in the pounds starting to come off again.

No matter what, as odiemom said, trust the process. If you just keep doing what you're doing, the stall absolutely, positively will pass! The laws of the universe cannot be denied!! Lol!

Thanks everyone! I feel better! :)

I am struggling a little with Protein and Water somedays. I get about 500 calories a day sometimes more. I will try to get these things up and get some more walking in. I am still very sore especially on my left side so I can't do much more which is frustrating me more because I hate not being able to move around like normal.

I will also try to fight my addiction to the scale! Lol

There really needs to be a support group for people who are addicted to scales ha!! I cant stay away from mine. I just hate it!!!

Hide your scale use it once a week

I am in the same boat, I am 5 weeks out and have lost 31 pounds, it took me 4 weeks to lose 6 pds !! I was having a hard time getting in my protien and drinking. Ive added some new foods and today was actually the first day I got all my protien in !! I know I have to eat to lose !! but I can't believe im saying this, Its hard to eat sometimes !! I know I need to exercise, but I still get tired.. hoping I can change that soon..

Good luck to everyone

So funny that i was just about to start a forum with the same title "so frustrated".im having a difficult time getting in the Protein and the h2o.im trying but im full for so long i cant get anymore down feels like theres not enough hours in the day :( im grateful for what ive lost but i feel im not accomplishing anything i feel like a loser.ugh!!!

I haven't lost a pound in a month.

John, I have been at 6 lb lost in the past 3. Weeks, it's frustrating, I suppose we have to have faith that it will come off

I have been stuck at the same # for 2 weeks.... Kinda freaking out. But I'm back at work not in a routine yet and its hars getting all my Water and Protein in but I get super close to my minimum every day. Super frustrating

Surgery 7/25/12

I haven't lost a pound in a month.

Stalls often last a month or more. You must trust the process. There simply is no question that you will loose weight in the long run as long as you stay focused, stay active, and stay away from the scales. The laws of the universe cannot be denied!!