Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Here And Pre Op. No Date Set Yet!

Hello. My name is Aimee. I am 33 yrs old and brand new to this site. I am currently doing all my pre req's for my approval and waiting for my results to my sleep study and my third psych appt. I am very anxious and can't wait to get my insurance approval and my surgery date. I have quit smoking, track all my cals and exercise, cut back on my diet pop, drink h2o everyday now, chew my food to applesauce consistency, and quit drinking with my meals. I am going to start a liquid diet because I was told to lose 17 lbs before surgery. I am just looking for all the info and support I can possibly get right now. I've been to the dietician and prescribed a 1500 cal diet which I'm constantly cheating on and am not eating my three meals a day without snacking like I was told to do so. I haven't been walking like I was at first either and need to exercise 30 min a day. I need to stop the excuses and start to get busy and focused so if you could offer some suggestions that would be great. I'm desperate to do this and need the support. I'm so happy I found sites like this because we're all going through the same stuff.

Welcome Aimee!! Hopefully you will love this site as much as we do! Ask anything, someone on here has been through it. What are your insurance requirements? Good luck with everything!!!

Jessica

Hey Aimee...Welcome to the boards and join on in! You're on your way to a healthier you :) Congrats!

Welcome! Everyone here is so nice and there are people from phase (just thinking to several years out!).

Try not to beat yourself up too much over the diet. It is very important but don't defeat yourself if you slip a little. Just get on track ASAP!

This preop phase seems like its long but it goes so quick. And the best thing about the app? It's always 'open'!

Thanks so much for the replies!! I'm glad to be here and doing lots of research and looking for asuch info as I can possibly get. Thanks for the support. I will do the best I can.

Hello and welcome amc. I am going through exactly the same thing right now. Started in April and was put on the 1500 Cal diet and excercise 3 times a week and resistant bands 2 times a week. I have completed everything except psych evaluation which is on October 3rd. At my weigh in in May I had lost 10 pounds ( mu thyroid meds were changed then too) in June I had lost another 3 pounds and was told slow down on the losing. Doctor told me if I lost 40 pounds he would not do surgery. Nut told me to eat what family eats and do nothing drastic. So in July I quit smoking and at weigh in in August I had gained 7 pounds and since it has cooled down I haven't went swimming since July and so excercising has slowed way down. Now I have to lose at least 5 pounds was told by the 24th. Which I am so stressed out about it and so scared that if I don't I will be refused to have this surgery forever

Hello and welcome amc. I am going through exactly the same thing right now. Started in April and was put on the 1500 Cal diet and excercise 3 times a week and resistant bands 2 times a week. I have completed everything except psych evaluation which is on October 3rd. At my weigh in in May I had lost 10 pounds ( mu thyroid meds were changed then too) in June I had lost another 3 pounds and was told slow down on the losing. Doctor told me if I lost 40 pounds he would not do surgery. Nut told me to eat what family eats and do nothing drastic. So in July I quit smoking and at weigh in in August I had gained 7 pounds and since it has cooled down I haven't went swimming since July and so excercising has slowed way down. Now I have to lose at least 5 pounds was told by the 24th. Which I am so stressed out about it and so scared that if I don't I will be refused to have this surgery forever

I know what you mean!! It's so scary. I don't want to lose too much but I need to lose what's req. and how do I do it?!? Well my friend that's post op did a two wk liquid diet to get to her surgery weight. Maybe you could try a liquid diet but for like one week instead of two since you only need to lose five lbs. I can let you know exactly what it entails tomorrow as she will be emailing it to me tonight. It's the diet they give you for post op but a lot of people do it to cleanse their liver and shrink it for surgery. I have my psych appt Sept. 13th and can't absolutly wait for my approval. Let me know if you want to try the liquid diet though.

I can totally relate!! Scared doesn't even describe how it feels when you don't know what you should do for this. My friend that's post op has suggested I do a two wk liquid diet that shrinks the liver and will get those lbs off. I can let you know what it is tomorrow as she's emailing it to me tonight. Maybe you won't need to do it for two weeks though as you only have five lbs to lose. Let me know if you're interested.

I started to try a liquid diet but I get maybe half way through the day and my sugar drops. I guess I am hypoglycemic. I am going to mention this to doc at next appointment. I know I will have to do a one week liquid diet week before surgery. I would like to know if doing the liquid diet how much are you allowed a day? Like can I have for example 5 cups of broth a day etc...

Hey there Aimee!!

Welcome, welcome!! This site is such an amazing source - of information, support, ideas... With great people!!

Explore around the forums - you will find SO many helpful tips here! A quick one off the top of my head that *really* helps me: Tracking. MyFitnessPal is an AWESOME calorie and exercise tracker, it's free, and there are a whole ton of us on there who help cheer each other on!

I wish you the best of luck in your journey!!

Hey there Aimee!!

Welcome' date=' welcome!! This site is such an amazing source - of information, support, ideas... With great people!!

Explore around the forums - you will find SO many helpful tips here! A quick one off the top of my head that *really* helps me: Tracking. MyFitnessPal is an AWESOME calorie and exercise tracker, it's free, and there are a whole ton of us on there who help cheer each other on!

I wish you the best of luck in your journey!![/quote']

Hi there and thank you for the welcome. I am on myfitnesspal.com. Same username so please add me as a friend. I am new to that site as well and just starting to make friends on there. I like it though it's a great tool!!

I started to try a liquid diet but I get maybe half way through the day and my sugar drops. I guess I am hypoglycemic. I am going to mention this to doc at next appointment. I know I will have to do a one week liquid diet week before surgery. I would like to know if doing the liquid diet how much are you allowed a day? Like can I have for example 5 cups of broth a day etc...

That's what I'm not sure of either. Hopefully we can have as much broth as we want pre op. I also want to start my Protein shakes as my main meals everyday. Just trying to figure out which one I'd like best and which one has the best nut value and bang for your buck too! Gotta stock up on all of it this week and plan on starting Sunday or Monday. Not quite sure if I'm doing this too early though. Don't even have my approval or date yet. Should I wait to start my liquid diet or go for it??

I would wait till necessary if you lose to much you can be denied surgery just as if you gain you can be denied. I drink 1-2 Protein Drinks a day. I bought a big tub of vanilla cream whey Protein isolate and mid one scoop with 8 ounces of 1% milk. Are you already through your monthly weigh ins?

I would wait till necessary if you lose to much you can be denied surgery just as if you gain you can be denied. I drink 1-2 Protein drinks a day. I bought a big tub of vanilla cream whey Protein isolate and mid one scoop with 8 ounces of 1% milk. Are you already through your monthly weigh ins?

My insurance did not req me do to monthly weigh ins. I've done my appts with my dietician and two out of three appts with the psych. I've done my blood work and had my sleep study. I've had my appt with my regular doc and changed my meds around that needed to be. All I'm waiting on is my third psych appt and results from my sleep study and everything will be submitted to insurance. How long of a wait is it after its submitted to insurance to find out if your approved? How long after your approved do you get your surgery date?