Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Very Little Restriction

Had surgery may 23 2012 , I have to say I'm a Lil disappointed , I'm able to eat a lot , I keep seeing on here people who can hardly eat and are losing tons of weight, I'm thinking my doctor didn't make a small enough pouch . What should I do?

I feel like you, I have 5 months and can eat many things that supposedly can not eat and I've only lost 55 pounds

I had surgery behind you May 30,2012 I can't eat a lot of food. There are days I'm more hungry but I don't consume a lot of food. I try to eat 3 meals per day. I don't really eat out. Mash potato if I'm outside or Starbucks well I'm a cafe addict so I think I can live on cafe. I try to get 800 calories per day but it's not happening but yesterday I went over 800 first time ever.

I felt that way and now at almost 3 months I somehow feel I'm able to eat less. When you think you're eating a lot keep in mind how much you used to consume in one sitting. I'm also able to eat/drink some things I was told I wouldn't be able to, which discourages me but it's a matter of deciding if it's worth risking the surgery. Remember, nothing tastes as good as skinny feels

- Kaylee Ann ~ Surgiversary: 6/11/12

I totally felt the same way, to help train my brain I am using my daughter's toddler cups/plates/utensils to help eye out portions, I have also dumped on so many things I am a stickler about protein/sugar/fat/calories ect. The only thing I am ACTUALLY craving a soda pop (root beer to be exact) and as long as I don't drink any I know I am keeping my will power at the right level!

Sent from my iPod touch using RNYTalk

Had surgery may 23 2012 ' date=' I have to say I'm a Lil disappointed , I'm able to eat a lot , I keep seeing on here people who can hardly eat and are losing tons of weight, I'm thinking my doctor didn't make a small enough pouch . What should I do?[/quote']

How much have you lost homie? By your pictures it looks like a lot so don't be too discouraged. However, I think we all feel that way eventually and It passes when we hit a milestones. We have been waiting a long time to lose the weight and now that we put our bodies and mind through so much we expect results quickly. Focus on your goal, fight the urge to stray give your self new goals that can be achieved in weekly intervals and reach them. I always found setting achievable yet firm goals that can be accomplished in a short period of time always revitalized me and made me focus stronger! That bodes to anything in life, work, diet, family, fun, money etc...

Maybe try measuring out your food by weight and seeing if that will satisfy you with a good 3 meals per day. You don't want to eat and keep eating because you can. Also, be sure you are not drinking with your meals because my surgeon says that just washes the food on through and you don't have that full feeling for any length of time. Good luck.

I'm the opposite position. I'm trying to eat a little but it feels like i am snacking so I keep a calorie count and it's barely over 100... Sucks! I just started drinking a shake for Breakfast so thats a automatic 100 calories. My stomach says no to everything - nuts, ughh no, eggs please - huMm no., what About some Water -- u had ur chance before the surgery lol - nooo.... Water still makes me nauseated.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Thanks guys

John you've lost about 80lbs in 3 months right? That's quite a good achievement hun. Start measuring out your food again and stop when you are done. It's best to lose weight slow.. Less saggy skin. You are doing just fine, and your pics look awesome

Good evening Mr. John!! Couple of questions for you. Are you keeping a food log? If so, what has been your average daily calorie intake for the last 30 days (or whatever period of time you have data for). If not, as you know I strongly urge you to start logging right away. Have you discussed your concerns with your surgeon? If there is a problem with the pouch, there usually are options but I have no idea what kind of timeline would be medically appropriate - in other words the surgeon may be reluctant to consider a second surgery so close to the first.

Finally a gentle reminder - this is all about lifestyle changes. Even RNY patients "can" eat a lot if they're determined enough. The surgery can be defeated. You may want to consider some follow up with your nutritionist and possibly even the psychologist. No one understands better than all of us how powerful food addiction can be. There is absolutely no shame in asking for help from the pros. That's what they're there for and they have a lot of tools in their arsenal. Don't wait too long. You can do this!!

I totally felt the same way' date=' to help train my brain I am using my daughter's toddler cups/plates/utensils to help eye out portions, I have also dumped on so many things I am a stickler about protein/sugar/fat/calories ect. The only thing I am ACTUALLY craving a soda pop (root beer to be exact) and as long as I don't drink any I know I am keeping my will power at the right level!

Sent from my iPod touch using RNYTalk[/quote']

What if you got those little root beer barrel candies? If they don't make you dump maybe that little taste will satisfy your craving.