Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Labor Day Weekend Indulgences!

Where r u? Im n memphis

Atlanta!!! My mom makes Sunday's dinner every weekend. It includes - fried chicken - hot sauce by the bones is the secret!, macorni and cheese, collard greens, apple pie or carrot cake. :(. No more for me. I like Italian anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I tried a bite of a chilli dog no roll and it was great! Also did half of a flat diet Pepsi and two French fries with lots of vinegar - the best! I stayed away from sweets and veggies bc I just can't handle them yet. But that's awesome for those that got a chance to try some of their old favorites. I bet it felt nice to feel more normal.

There was one party though that didn't have a single thing I could try and it wasn't too bad but did bother me a little.

Mmmm I could kill for some of my georgia family's Sunday dinner right now. I would totally try a bite of smoke ribs, fried chicken, greens and cornbread stuffing this very second if it were in front of me!

Weird thing this weekend, I couldn't keep anything healthy down but was able to eat 5 bites of a funnel cake with ice cream just fine. I just don't get it. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Although sugar is probably the most common culprit, some folks have dumping symptoms from carbs. Others from fats. Still others go through a period where they're just plain "trigger happy" regardless of what they eat!

Atlanta!!! My mom makes Sunday's dinner every weekend. It includes - fried chicken - hot sauce by the bones is the secret!' date=' macorni and cheese, collard greens, apple pie or carrot cake. :(. No more for me. I like Italian anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk[/quote']

U may be able to nibble eventually.

I honesty would have to look at My Fitness Pal to remember what I ate...but I know nothing was that bad. I had about 2 oz of cheeseburger, no bun. unsweetened tea wth splenda, and about 5 oz of watermelon. OMG! I was so scared. Tried a bite, waited 5 minutes and continued to enjoy. I am 3 weeks out and haven't had any dumping from what I have eaten. Only had issues with chicken twice (I was stupid for not chewing well enough and swallowing too big a bite) I do get worried that I am having too easy of a time of it, but I am not going outside of what my nutrionist says is allowed out of fear. Had my 3 week appointment and was told I am doing great. I am keeping my calories between 500 and 700 and just started going to the gym instead of mall walking. But I wanted the fried chicken. I live in NC and the food in my area is delicious and terrible for you. I would potentially kill for an Arby's Beef n' Cheedar, lol.

I had all these plans to just eat what I wanted for the weekend... but it just did not happen. When it came time to plan the menu I could not resist and still went healthy. That was so annoying I so wanted to be bad and have something fun. I did eat plan on eating more than normal calories but I ate something that made me dump and that ended that right there. So for the holiday we ended up going to mountains for my celebatory hike (half to weight goal) and so we brought a picnic. For Breakfast we cooked, in the mountains over propane, eggs and turkey bacon. I had one piece of bacon (not that great) and 1/5eggs, For lunch Hubby grilled chicken, which was dry and nasty by the time I got to eat it, with it being cold and everything. I did dip it in barbecue sauce but the chicken was yucky and my only Protein so I had to force myself to eat the dang thing. ( I think because the kids wanted to hear this ranger talk we had to eat lunch in 10 min, BIG MISTAKE) and I also had a small portion of shredded carrot cabbage salad with lemon juice, and before lunch I had crystal light pink lemonade (first time since surgery). 15 min into the ranger talk I started to get shaky and nauseous so had to to run to the nearest bathroom. Hubby went with me and left the three kids (ages 19 - 11) to finish the talk. I was back before the talk was over but I did not feel good for a few hours.

For dinner we were home and I desperately needed some Protein and healthy food to feel better so husband made me tilapia and some Tomato and cucumber salad with low-fat italian dressing. Oh did eat some meat stick for protein during my hike and a lot of Water.

Over all the food was not a festive event for me at all, but the food was not my focus as much as the rest of the day. But I soooo wanted to eating something unhealthy (what is up with that, really??) and when it came down to it I could not force myself. Sometimes I am afraid I will turn into one of those people that never get back to normal for fear of not losing or being sick. UGH!!!

I plan on eating a little bit of a lot of stuff at Christmas and Thanksgiving and really try to relax for those couple days. Wonder if that will happen? I kinda want to stay on track completely until after 6 months, but there is a part of me that wants to cheat as well (my six months would be December 7). Why is it so hard and so conflicted about food?

I had all these plans to just eat what I wanted for the weekend... but it just did not happen. When it came time to plan the menu I could not resist and still went healthy. That was so annoying I so wanted to be bad and have something fun.

YOU are my hero!!

So for the holiday we ended up going to mountains for my celebatory hike (half to weight goal) and so we brought a picnic.

What a great way to Celebrate a milestone!!

For dinner we were home and I desperately needed some Protein and healthy food to feel better so husband made me tilapia and some Tomato and cucumber salad with low-fat italian dressing. Oh did eat some meat stick for Protein during my hike and a lot of Water.

HE is your hero!!

Over all the food was not a festive event for me at all, but the food was not my focus as much as the rest of the day. But I soooo wanted to eating something unhealthy (what is up with that, really??) and when it came down to it I could not force myself. Sometimes I am afraid I will turn into one of those people that never get back to normal for fear of not losing or being sick. UGH!!!

It's about control, not denial. You absolutely will go back to normal. You might want to stay away from Korean BBQ!

I plan on eating a little bit of a lot of stuff at Christmas and Thanksgiving and really try to relax for those couple days. Wonder if that will happen? I kinda want to stay on track completely until after 6 months, but there is a part of me that wants to cheat as well (my six months would be December 7). Why is it so hard and so conflicted about food?

Celebrating holidays and special occasions is not only part of life, it's part of living your life. I believe it's very important to give yourself permission to enjoy those moments. Again, it's about control, not denial. Thanks for sharing odiemom!!