Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Physical Activities!

I am SO looking forward to being able to do things I was never able to do before! Some of them being: monkey bars, indoor rock climbing, and finally being able to do a cart wheel!!!!

Me top I have never been able to do a cartwheel I can't wait to go down a waterside and ride the rides at amusement parks and dance my booty off!

Me top I have never been able to do a cartwheel I can't wait to go down a waterside and ride the rides at amusement parks and dance my booty off!

Yeah when I was younger I was in cheer leading and could never do a cartwheel. I ended up doing a sideways curve thing and was always embarrassed lol. I want to be able to go to a Water park without being self conscious. I can't wait to go back to amusement parks cause we go every other year to Disney/universal and I couldn't fit in a lot last time :/ no more! I WILL go in Harry potter ride next time! Lol and I will also enjoy dancing yay :)

I just have this thing where I can not even imagin myself small I have been over weight all the way back to five years old so it will be a whole new and crazy thing yea I know what you mean with the cart wheel I do like a sideways frog jump thing

I just have this thing where I can not even imagin myself small I have been over weight all the way back to five years old so it will be a whole new and crazy thing yea I know what you mean with the cart wheel I do like a sideways frog jump thing

Yes! Someone who understands! I've never been thin so I can't imagine it but I'm SO excited about the possibility!

One of my goals is to be able to take my kids to Disney and be able to keep up and not worry about not being able to fit on rides. Let alone the plane. :) I'm excited for us all!

One of my goals is to be able to take my kids to Disney and be able to keep up and not worry about not being able to fit on rides. Let alone the plane. :) I'm excited for us all!

Yeah definitely can relate there! My son is SO hyper all the time and when we were at Disney I felt like the fat mom that can't control her kid because I had to keep him on one of those kid leashes because he was not staying by us and I can't chase him.

Yes! My son is four and I hate feeling like I have to put reigns on him I wish I liked playing outside and doing thing I feel like I imprison him it feels horrible!

We are Disney junkies, also. Planning trip next summer with grandkids, can not wait to be able to walk all day.

We are also a Disney family, and I found myself hating it because I would get tired, sweaty, and grumpy and not enjoy it even during the prettiest times of the year (Christmas). I hated being all sweaty in every pic when everyone was wearing sweaters. Now that I'm lighter and feeling good I'm looking forward to going and having a good time!

Surgery 7/25/12

Ah I think I just cried a little there. I made a promise to myself that after surgery i am taking my four yr old outside as much as possible. Taking walks going to the beach, out to teach him kickball and t ball, all the outside stuff he needs and enjoys instead of keeping him inside because I can't do those things right now...

We usually go to Disney at the end of November when it's nice and I get cranky when I sweat which while we're there it's terrible and ruin the whole time and makes me sad that I have to put my family through that because of my weight. I want to have fun on these trips and make memories not of arguing and sweating but enjoying myself and watching my family bond.

We're a Disney family as well. during the summer months I just can't do Disney anymore. I swell on the plane ride there and my feet end up in blisters the first day. My toes go under each other so they rub and cause horrific blisters but, when we went in DEcember it was better. I'm looking forward to weighing less the next time we go so I'm more comfortable. How embarrassing it was to have to be pushed in a wheel chair because my damn feet were a mess. I know the weight didn't help!

We're headed back this coming October. I've lost 40 so far from the time we went before so hoping even more will be off. I was able to ride the rides I wanted to but, still the walking is tough when you have extra weight. Hoping I can keep up with my guys this go round :)

Ah I think I just cried a little there. I made a promise to myself that after surgery i am taking my four yr old outside as much as possible. Taking walks going to the beach' date=' out to teach him kickball and t ball, all the outside stuff he needs and enjoys instead of keeping him inside because I can't do those things right now...

We usually go to Disney at the end of November when it's nice and I get cranky when I sweat which while we're there it's terrible and ruin the whole time and makes me sad that I have to put my family through that because of my weight. I want to have fun on these trips and make memories not of arguing and sweating but enjoying myself and watching my family bond.[/quote']

Yup! Our days at Disneyland always ended in arguments because I wanted to just go home all the standing and sweating made for one miserable mama.

I would get that way shopping... If I needed to walk I'd be a sweaty mess! But I've noticed I can walk through a store and not break a sweat! Thank you Lord!

So needless to say I'm actually looking forward to Disneyland with my 2 year old and hubby :)

Surgery 7/25/12

Yup! Our days at Disneyland always ended in arguments because I wanted to just go home all the standing and sweating made for one miserable mama.

I would get that way shopping... If I needed to walk I'd be a sweaty mess! But I've noticed I can walk through a store and not break a sweat! Thank you Lord!

So needless to say I'm actually looking forward to Disneyland with my 2 year old and hubby :)

Surgery 7/25/12

Awe :) that's great I'm happy for you! Hopefully I will enjoy Disney with the family soon with no issues as well!

My Dad and Stepmom live in Rock Hill, near Carowinds. I have been too big to go and fit on rides or just walk the park. I hate that my 11yr old has been missing out everytime we go to visit. Plus we live in Myrtle Beach and I want to go to waterpark in a decent bathing suit. I can't wait til my surgery to get started on my new life. I just feel so bad that I couldn't do this sooner. My son is the one that has suffered. I had to wait til now because of insurance. I pray I can make it up to him.