Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie In Wisconsin

Hello! I've been lurking in this app for a few weeks before joining tonight and I think it's great everyone is so supportive! I have been going back and forth for years with this surgery and finally jumped in with both feet. I am scheduled for September 13th!! So far the pre-op diet has been tough to stick to, but I'm doing okay. I look forward to seeing everyone have success and just wanted to say HI!! ~Kensington

Welcome and congrats on taking the plunge! Everyone here is great and very supportive. We have a September Members thread going too with all of us having surgery in September. I think we have two other members having surgery the same day as you. Mine is on September 10. What's been hard about your pre-op diet? Is it liquid only?

Hi and welcome!!!

You will be just fine the pre op diet is to me the hardest part I was on it for a week before surgery and 2 weeks after.

But you will love the weight you will drop.

Good luck with the surgery.

And know that we are all cheering for a speedy recovery

Surgery Anniversary 7/30/12

Best of luck to you!

Welcome

Thanks all! I am ecstatic! My pre op diet is actually pretty good, not liquid like many diets I've heard, but healthy like salad, tuna, eggs, yogurt etc. the hard part is my hubby! He just doesnt get it, (or doesn't want to get it) ;) I think it's just frustrating when someone continually throws your favorites foods in your face when its down to the grind like this. He's hurt that I have to say no to stuff like pizza and Fettuccini Alfredo. Just last night, he asked me, "so when does your band come off and you can eat again?" i looked at him and was like what are you talking about!?!? I then realized he was very uneducated about the whole process so I had to explain again what was going on and what surgery I was having (the rny). has anyone else experienced this with their loved ones? I feel like he's so disconnected with the whole thing and he's gone to almost all of my appointments with me!! On a lighter note, I am Counting down the days!! My weight ballooned up to 295 (my heaviest) and I'm only at 285 right now. My goal is a size 12 whatever weight that will be. Maybe even a single digit, but a 12 is my goal for now. When I was active duty coast guard that's where I seemed to be my slimmest/strongest...I did rescue swimming so I used to be very fit and strong! I just hope I can ward off the saggy skin as lose, we shall see. Good luck to everyone else as well!!!

My wife has been with me from the begining and she has Gave up a lot for me. Going out to dinner, movie popcorn, soda,

alfrado and penna with grilled chicken used to be my favorite.

It would be nice if all loved ones could get on the program and support us. This is not a ez Journy.

Like I told my wife it's not that we can't eat any more it's just what and how much we eat now. Thank god for her she supports and helps to much at times

Surgery Anniversary 7/30/12

My wife has been with me from the begining and she has Gave up a lot for me. Going out to dinner' date=' movie popcorn, soda,

alfrado and penna with grilled chicken used to be my favorite.

It would be nice if all loved ones could get on the program and support us. This is not a ez Journy.

Like I told my wife it's not that we can't eat any more it's just what and how much we eat now. Thank god for her she supports and helps to much at times

Surgery Anniversary 7/30/12[/quote']

I agree with Paul. A supporting loved one can make all the difference. My husband has been so good about keeping me on track and sharing on the food changes I am making. Yours will hopefully come around when he sees how much better you will look and feel in a few months.

When it comes to the food my husband refuses to change anything. He will not even change switching to Decaf so I will have to quit that as we can't afford buying 2 separate cans of coffee. I wish he could be more supportive in this area but when he went with me to see the nutritionist she more or less took his side saying this is my decision to change and he shouldn't have to. Well he is skinny as a rail and can eat anything without gaining weight!! So makes it harder

Welcome Kensington you are going to love it here

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk