Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2nd fill Morning Food

Hello All

I am down about 70 lbs but since my second fill I am alot tighter which is good but this past week I have had some problems.

Can eating to fast cause you to get sick?

Monday I wound up getting sick like 4 times after I ate lunch. I know this may sound stupid but I have not lost alot recently and its frusturating to me but also I can only eat a small amount of food now. Physically i am fine but I won't lie mentally it bothering me I am think I am in the stage right now of mornikng food and today I have been real crabby. I know i have to work through it and I don't want to lose to fast. Sorry for dumping so much on you I wish there were other local support groups to go too. Any suggestions you can give?

I amnot to drink with meals. So when you get I start feeling the pressure now i stop.

Like today I was at lunch at a resturant and felt it with just taking a few bites so I had to get up and wlalk around to make me feel better as it started to hurt. Could part of it be that I am not taking small enough bites would that make it hurt? I don't mind when I am at home as much buit hate when others can see I am sick or not eating alot. can't and sometimes it frusturating to me. I am not giving up just seeking advice and yes I know I have those counseling sessions but would rather talk to people on here.

Also do you burp and hiccup? Because I do still sometimes is that normal or am I doing something wrong?

So how much do you eat now? Like a 1/2 c meat and vegetables. Today I am so out of it and just feeling down. But don't worry not giving up.

Now that I have vented I am going to the Y. Any tips or support you can give I will take. I am just down right crabby today and things are getting on my nerves.

So I do not know what to do so I am going to exercise maybe I will feel better. Today mentally :help: not doing well I guess and know I have to work through it, as I am happy about loosing weight. But sometimes Mike just don't get it sometimes and yes he is off today and just doing thing to piss me off today. Well I am sure I vented more than I should have.

Well not much else to say right now I know this is a stage and I will get through it.

Hope all is well. How did others get through the stage or mourning food or knowing you can only eat a little bit and like I said physically I am satified and feel fine but its the mental side that is bothering me.

I am feeling some better but just wonder how did others get through the morning food phase that is more mental than physical. Physical I feel great and content it my mind that seems to be messing with me.

Thanks Larry

P.S. How did others get through this and what did you do?

When I had my second fill, I noticed a big difference for about a week, then things seemed to loosen up. Until then, I could not eat carbs without a little bit of pain.

I've heard that eating too fast can make you sick. Also, you may need to chew more thoroughly.

I have leveled off to losing about 10-15 pounds a month, and for some weird reason it always happens in about a week. For weeks I won't lose a thing, and then one day I'm down 3 and the next day 2 and etc. It's weird. But it's made me a little less obsessed about weighing, which is good. Anyway, maybe that's what your body is doing, so don't fret about not losing a pound every couple of days like you might have in the beginning.

I don't burp or hiccup like some people talk about. That is often a sign that you're full, but my doc only allows me to eat about 1/2 cup of food per meal, so I never reach that level of fullness.

I eat whatever I want, pretty much...just not the same volume as before. My doc recommends low fat, high Protein...and I do make an effort to reach my daily Protein goal, but I figure until my weight-loss slows, I'm not going to stay away from carbs. In fact, sometimes it seems that eating carbs causes me to lose more. Perhaps it's the increase in calories/metabolism. I dunno.

Anyway, you're doing great! Give that fill a few more days and you'll be back to your old self again. Just take it slow for a few more days.

:biggrin1: