Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Stopped Losing Weight!

I had my surgery done nine months ago and I've lost a total of 74 pounds, but I still have 31 more pounds to go, and my scale doesn't seem to move :/ help!!!!

Hey Ivy, I am almost 5 months post op and would like to loose a total of 70 lbs. I have lost 40 so far and this past 2 1/2 weeks the scale has not moved !!!! I changed up my exercise, increased the length and intensity so hopefully I will start to drop again. I think people hit a platau - you have do fantastic so far - hang in there !!!

Thank you BB, I will try to change my workout routine, to see if that helps. It's just so frustrating when your a month at the same weight!!

Stalls can last a month and sometimes more. How much Protein are you eating on a daily basis? You might want to try increasing your Protein to 100g a day for a few days. That will sometimes jump start your metabolism and your body will begin to burn more stored fuel (aka excess weight). Increasing your Water intake up to 64oz a day often helps as well. How many calories are you eating daily? If they are too low, your body responds to a famine state by conserving fat and that can result in your weight loss stopping. Sometimes, just increasing your calorie intake will result in starting to lose again. And of course, your plan to increase your exercise routine may help as well.

At nine months out, this probably isn't the first stall you've experienced. The average weight loss for RNY is 80% of excess weight. You've lost 74 pounds of your goal of losing 105. That's very close to that 80% number so it's reasonable to expect your weight loss to start to slow. That doesn't mean the last 31 are out of reach. It just means they may not come off as fast as the first 74. Perhaps the best advice anyone can offer is to stay focused on following the protocol, stay active, and stay away from the scales for at least a week, longer if you can stand it. You've already done a great job! Celebrate that success every day! Congratulations!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches