Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was curious if you've ever heard of anyone going back to work 5 days after surgery. It will be a sit down job. I have surgery on Wednesday and I have to be back on Monday. Do you think that this is even possible? Im a little worried....

Everyone is different really. I know for me I wouldn't have been comfortable going back after 5 days. I ran into a few issues with an incision infection that didn't appear until my second week so that kept me out even longer. A sit down job will be easier but, make sure the desk isn't hitting at the point of an incision area. You may find it gets irritated.

For bypass my doc recommends at least 7 days....

What do you mean they are making you? Are they forcing you back even if you are not medically released? I'm in HR and you may have some recourse. Have you been there more than a year?

I had surgery on a Tuesday was back to work the following Monday. I am a high school teacher and it was the last week of school so I got my big boys to do any lifting and I was tired but made it without complications. I think we are all so different but sometimes just deciding you can do it, if you are not in terrible pain will get you through. Pain is to me the best indicator of whether it's doable. I really had very little pain. I also went to the gym the Saturday after surgery. Did a very careful, light workout as I had been working out up to the day of surgery--do what you can don't beat yourself up for what you can't.

I had surgery on 8/13 and would have gotten to go back to work on 8/23 but instead of using a drain they leave the incison open....and I had some drainage issues so they told me I couldnt go back until Monday 8/27.... I am SO ready to go back!! I hate being home alone!!

I was curious if you've ever heard of anyone going back to work 5 days after surgery. It will be a sit down job. I have surgery on Wednesday and I have to be back on Monday. Do you think that this is even possible? Im a little worried....

I had surgery on Monday and today is when I am feeling better, still swollen and I have a drain. I am however taking two more weeks off to give my body time to catch up.

I had my surgery on Monday and I don't feel ready to do anything yet. Everyone is differrent. Listen to your body. But if it were me, I'd take a few more days to myself just in case or at least work less hours and build back up to my normal hours.

Good luck!

I'm going back to work tomorrow after being off for one month. I can't lie, I'm scared out of my mind. I work hard and never take breaks I often have lunch meetings when reps bring in [delicious] bad food. We always have Starbucks runs, donut boxes, and enough energy drinks to move a mountain!

I am packing my lunch, Snacks, and have my crystal light and Protein bars.... But its going to be hard.

I can't ask everyone in my office to not bring that stuff in, its my personal choice not theirs, but how do I deal?

Back to the grind tomorrow!

I'm going back to work tomorrow after being off for one month. I can't lie' date=' I'm scared out of my mind. I work hard and never take breaks I often have lunch meetings when reps bring in [delicious'] bad food. We always have Starbucks runs, donut boxes, and enough energy drinks to move a mountain!

I am packing my lunch, Snacks, and have my crystal light and Protein bars.... But its going to be hard.

I can't ask everyone in my office to not bring that stuff in, its my personal choice not theirs, but how do I deal?

Just be strong.. You can do it.

Think of how far you have come in a month. You got this!!!!

I was working until 3 mths into my 7 mth process. I was having to take off work for this test or that test and the monthly weigh in appointments and regular doctor appointments. So I just quit. And since I had just started there I knew FMLA was not available to me once I do have surgery. So I just decided to wait till the process is over and the surgery is over and recovery is over before finding a different job

I'm going back to work tomorrow after being off for one month. I can't lie' date=' I'm scared out of my mind. I work hard and never take breaks I often have lunch meetings when reps bring in [delicious'] bad food. We always have Starbucks runs, donut boxes, and enough energy drinks to move a mountain!

I found that I realized the donuts, Starbucks and etc was not worth it. You will more than likely get sick if you eat that stuff and I hate throwing up at work.

Thank you! I'm nervous & doubting my will power. BUT I'm sure I'll be on my 100% post op best behavior :)

Your day founds a lot like mine at work. I'm having my surgery in the morning and I worry about going back. My doctor gave me a four wk note so we will see what happens. Just stay strong. You have come so far. Hopefully you will find it easier than you think. Good luck!