Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm loving all of this foot putting down!! Lol! You're gonna love the new you!!

I hope so!

Although at the moment i am not sure if it is goin to happen. My bf was talking about leaving because I wasnt respecting his opinion or words and I was just decidin to move forward in this without his help in dieting and exercise. But when I talked to everyone including his parents they said to do what is right for me and my health. I just don't see how he can't feel that way too. He's worried I will die because he has terrible luck, seriously, and then he will be left to care for my 4 year old son on his own. While there is always risks I have tried to explain to him all the testing I have to have done to make this as safe as possible and that once it was over with and I was back home he would feel better and that even if anything happened god forbid, he has a hire support team that would help with my son in an instant. I don't want to give up on this but I'm nowhere near giving up on our relationship.

Just really sucks right now :/

I hope so!

Although at the moment i am not sure if it is goin to happen. My bf was talking about leaving because I wasnt respecting his opinion or words and I was just decidin to move forward in this without his help in dieting and exercise.

Respect is a two way street. Respect is not synonymous with submission. And manipulation is counterproductive.

But when I talked to everyone including his parents they said to do what is right for me and my health. I just don't see how he can't feel that way too. He's worried I will die because he has terrible luck, seriously, and then he will be left to care for my 4 year old son on his own. While there is always risks I have tried to explain to him all the testing I have to have done to make this as safe as possible and that once it was over with and I was back home he would feel better and that even if anything happened god forbid, he has a hire support team that would help with my son in an instant.

The risk of mortality from gastric bypass is less than one half of one percent. That's a one in two hundred chance. Is there a risk with surgery? Yes. Are the odds overwhelmingly in favor of success? Yes. Is there a risk with doing nothing? Yes. Obesity is a chronic, progressive, life threatening disease that affects one third of the U.S. adult population and is the second leading cause of preventable death in the U.S. Obesity is conclusively linked to more than 30 weight-related health issues including type 2 diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, arthritis and some forms of cancer. Left untreated, patients usually continue to gain weight and those who do not already have weight-related health issues will eventually get them. According to the National Institute of Health, no currently recommended non-surgical program or medication results in long-term weight loss of more than 10% body weight for the vast majority of people who attempt these interventions. Bariatric surgery is the most effective, long term treatment for obesity currently known to medical science.

I don't want to give up on this but I'm nowhere near giving up on our relationship.

Just really sucks right now :/

Do the research, get the facts, weigh the risks of all options, and make the decision that is right for you. It's your health and your life. Respect starts with respect for your self.

I really like how you put that into words... I've tried talking to him about it but he doesn't budge on it. I think after we sit and talk to his dad about it (his mom almost went the surgery route but was denied by insurance) and his dad gets through to him that it's not who're giving up its about getting my life back and it's not as scary as it sounds he will be ok: he needs someone that's not me to give him a level headed opinion and since he won't come to any appointments or classes with me I think he will listen to the man he looks up t the most.

I've made my decision, now I'm just waitinf for him to accept it and move forward but it seems t be much more of a deal with him than anyone I know