Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op Vitamins And Supplements

Bariatric Advantage came to our pre op class promoting their line of products. Has anyone had any luck on any otc cheaper alternative? If so' date=' what?[/quote']

Yes I take Flintstone chewable my RD told me to take 2 a say since there children dose, and I take a chewable Calcium + D the brand is citracal I get at Walmart for $15 and has 155 pills and it lasts 2 months and I take a B12 sub. 2500mg for about $6 for 100 pills and I take one a day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-NOTE using RNYTalk

And that has worked fine for you and gives you all you need?

Yep I had blood work done about 2 Weeks ago and everything is good.

And how about Iron? Do you get that from the flintstones? 2 a day' date=' you say?[/quote']

Yeah I get plenty with the Flintstone. I take the Flintstone + Iron chewables. I use to take an separate iron chewable but when my blood work came back my doctor said I didn't need the extra iron unless I just enjoy taking it. So I don't take it anymore.

I go to costco

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

Ok I got my Multivitamin out of the box the one I got from unjury it's call opurity, it's chewable and contains vits:

A 750 iu

C 180mg

D 1600 iu

E 60 iu

Thiamin 6 mg

Riboflavin 4.3 mg

Niacin 40 mg

B6 5 mg

Folic acid 800 mg

B12 350 mcg

Biotin 600 mg

Pantotheric acid 20 mg

Calcium 50 mg which is only 5% of daily req

*** all the others are > = to 100% unless I write a value they meet or acceed daily req

Iron 30 mg

Iodine300 mcg

Magnesium 80 mg 20% daily req

Zinc 20 mg

Selenium 100 mcg

Copper 2 mg

Manganese 2 mg

Chromium 70 mcg 58% daily req

It's made with fructose plus other stuff and so it's

4 calories

Total carb 1

Sugars 1

So it's chewable and at first didn't taste to bad after a min it got a tad bitter and sweet at the same time and the after taste hmmmmmmmm

Not the greatest and from what I have heard sweet can be upsetting to the pouch and taste buds post op

And the cost expensive 35.95 for a 90 day supply

You take them once a day one tab

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Ok I googled the topic and found this awesome link to a comparison chart it is so comprehensive with the authors opinion on taste , cost analysis broken down to cost per day not per pill/tab because some have you take 1 or 2 or even 3 here it is

http://www.pamtremble.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/multivitamin_comparison_FULL1.pdf

Darn wish it would highlight as a link darn iPad

Oh it did make a link awesome

I take 2 flintstones I get the B12 injected

I get mine from BJs there Barkley & Jenson brand they contain the same thing as Flinstons chewables cost a lot less and have 300 tablets per container

Surgery Anniversary 7/30/12