Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't Tell If I Am Hungry.....

I had my surgery on Wednesday (August 15) I tried to get fluids in as much as possible. First day was only ice chips, second and third was ice chips, sips of Water, diluted juice (didn't.do it, too afraid of dumping) broth (I preferred the veggie broth to chicken as chicken broth tasted like salt) and sf popsicles. I was allowed 60 cc every hour of one of these things. I am on full liquids as of yesterday. Protein Shakes taste kinda gross now, but I am forcing it down. I am not feeling hungry but I am making myself get it in. On my first day I think I got maybe 45 g of Protein in, today maybe the same. When I do ingest the Unjury Soup and protein shakes it takes all day! And I'm ingesting about 2 ounces at a time because I don't feel I need it. And I'm sip sip sipping all the time. But I feel uncomfortable. If that what full is going to feel like? I start my pureed foods tomorrow evening. Getting anxious about food getting stuck even when I chew 30 times. Sorry about the rambling. Just wanted some thoughts.

I hear ya! I am STILL struggling with fluids (9days post op) and for the FIRST time today finally felt like I have actually gotten enough fluids, but I have had a little bottle of Water with me at. ALL times today. I have also started the purée diet but have been SO scared of dumping that I still stick to Soups and a little baby food...every time I eat I can't tell if I am full gassy or just feeling surgery pain!?

Exactly! So confused! Cause I am still a little gassy. The taco soup/chili recipe that was posted on this site is the first thing I am going to try pureed. My dad and sister are still in town and it sounds a little like the food we would eat together while watching a football game. Eagles preseason here we come! But I am substituting the corn for rotel tomatoes and sauteing onions. Super excited about that.

I had some clam chowder today, I was SO hesitant, but it was all hand made using fresh ingredients, my stomach seems to be a accepting of it (chewed it to high heaven before swallowing) so hard to become a mindful eater after all these years of just scarfing down whatever was put in front of me!