Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Read his story it says it all. Let me read between the lines for you

He lives at home with his parents ( in basement) he was going to collage but not now for what ever reson has a BMI over 60 not related to food. Is on insulin not Becuse of food and weighs 427 lb not Becuse of food and is only. 24 years old that should answer all questions.

What it must be like to be young and so knowable about how the world works

I'm 52 been all over the world didnt go to collage and make more money the most people make that went to collage (Becuse of hard work)

I may not be the greatest speller and my language skills may not be to his collage level. But I have done and seen things he will only dream off. So here is my last post I will ever say to this sorry person. I can only hope you find peace in your troubled life. You bring no peace here.

With a attitude like his he will not go far. ( maybe some day he will move out of his parents basement and understand what life really is like) not shelterd at home and given everything he wants. Insert word ( Entitlement) here he is the new generation

Good luck on your Journy may you find or be given everything your heart desires .

Surgery Anniversary 7/30/12

Wow I'd say that's Paul B one other guy none. You seriously laid it all out lmao. Omg and

Please don't think that he's the new generation because I'm young and would never EVER act like that. EVER. That boy has only himself and his parents to blame for the snot he has become.

Okay' date=' so without name calling, finger pointing, and generalized emotional responses (emotions do run high when discussing bariatric surgery) let me say, none of us are judge and jury. That is left to the physicians and (frighteningly) the insurance companies. Yes she was originally denied but obviously has a physician that supports her in this Quest. Yes she opened it up for public criticism when she started this thread but really, now you're just enjoying picking on people.

Yes I know what insulin is, yes I know what insulin resistance is, yes I have many patients who are diabetic, pre-diabetic, have insulin resistance, and/or are on insulin. Yes I am associated and well educated on insulin, its function, its side effects, etc. Yes many of my patients with insulin problems are overweight and/or obese, but not all. Several are normal weight, for some it is easy to maintain that weight. For some it is a constant daily struggle, but they do it, and they succeed. Some may say you are using your insulin status as an excuse to justify why you deserve this more than others.

And yes some people on here have no knowledge of basic chemistry. Our lives journeys have taken us down different paths. I know chemistry but my grammar and spelling stink. Some around here are kind, compassionate, and empathetic, some are silly, some are obnoxious, some are whiny and annoying, and some are just plain simple folks who didn't have a chance to get higher education and/or weren't lucky enough to be born brilliant and I sometimes wonder how some have managed to live their lives this long and not accidentally step off a cliff or walk in front of a bus. Most simply want help or support. Very few are here to judge others.

All that said, dude, stop being a jerk. You're having fun being inflammatory and stirring the hornets nest. For the rest of you, I'll tell you what I tell my 8 year old who has a little girl next to him in class who is always pushing his buttons "just ignore it!!!". He's obviously discovered how fun it is to rile the whole forum up and is read to pounce at any chance.

[/quote']

So true !!! It's like the old saying a fish dies by his own mouth.

Had to post one last time

Glorified Car salesman enough said. Slime of the earth. It is amazing how some people will put you down to make their miserable life sound so much better then yours. He's not above name calling. He's headed in to a crappy marriage ( won't last try living with a person like this) Please let me know what crappy dealership you work for so when I'm ready to buy my next new car (every 3 years) it won't be there.

Ps what college was that Monroe community college. You would make them proud (not).

Mami posted how to block people like this. My suggestion do it and maybe he will just go away

There is now winning with a idiot.

Good by

Glorified Car salesman enough said. Slime of the earth. It is amazing how some people will put you down to make their miserable life sound so much better then yours. He's not above name calling. He's headed in to a crappy marriage ( won't last try living with a person like this) Please let me know what crappy dealership you work for so when I'm ready to buy my next new car (every 3 years) it won't be there.

Ps what college was that Monroe community college. You would make them proud (not).

Mami posted how to block people like this. My suggestion do it and maybe he will just go away

Good by

So true.

I think there is a by misunderstanding in this post. I have read every post. And I am not taking sides but I didn't see anything but his opinion that you shouldn't get approved if your BMI is under a certain number. I think we all can support each other and yes he needs support too. So why don't we move past this and find common ground and help each other. By the way my insurance requires 40 BMI or 35 with a Co morbidity

I think there is a by misunderstanding in this post. I have read every post. And I am not taking sides but I didn't see anything but his opinion that you shouldn't get approved if your BMI is under a certain number. I think we all can support each other and yes he needs support too. So why don't we move past this and find common ground and help each other. By the way my insurance requires 40 BMI or 35 with a Co morbidity

Mine too. I think they will even take lower but you must have other issues. However bottom line is everyone deserves respect but you only get what you give. As I am sure you read no one on these posts puts up with too much bs. We all pretty much feel tight and genuinely care about others success and when someone is in the beginning of they're journey to discourage them is WRONG. That's why we the members will not put up with or support jerks who are rude and condisending to other members.

I totally agree he needs support but that support may need to come with a lot of medication and from a little room where he can deal with his emotional issues. Thats support this forum cannot help him with.

I have no problem with young people I have 3 kids 22,18 & 12 there are a lot of very smart young people out there that know respect. And there are trouble makes looking to stir up crap. I try not to take crap from anyone,and we all have to.

I Just can't stand somebody that comes along and stirs it up just to be a ass. If your smarter then someone good for you but being a arrogant dick (pardon my language) is something differen.

this is a peacefully Fourm and we all get along we don't need someone stirring up crap and name calling what is he 5 years old again.

Again my suggestion just block him what we don't see won't make us mad.

Same here insurance company wanted BMI 40 or more unless morbid condition then BMI 35

I have no problem with young people I have 3 kids 22' date='18 & 12 there are a lot of very smart young people out there that know respect. And there are trouble makes looking to stir up crap. I try not to take crap from anyone,and we all have to.

I Just can't stand somebody that comes along and stirs it up just to be a ass. If your smarter then someone good for you but being a arrogant dick (pardon my language) is something differen.

this is a peacefully Fourm and we all get along we don't need someone stirring up crap and name calling what is he 5 years old again.

Again my suggestion just block him what we don't see won't make us mad.

Surgery Anniversary 7/30/12[/quote']

Your right. That's why I love this forum and all of you because it is nice to genuinely have people who care. I appreciate you and all of our group who does care and follows up. That's what it's all about.

I always get inspiration form you and learn so much.

Wow. I can't believe I missed out on all this juicy drama. Y would anyone listen to anyone else beside their PHd certified doctor. Who cares if you're a stay at home mom or own a car dealership? Heres the bottoms line -the BMI will continue to decrease more and more over time to allow younger adults and adult right before the obese border line to have surgery. Many studies have found the surgery to be safer and most effective if the health problems are caught at an early age. There are a lot of People who get the surgery done out of pocket and/or in another coutry. You have to do what makes you happy and keep you dreaming with a good nights sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Wow. I can't believe I missed out on all this juicy drama. Y would anyone listen to anyone else beside their PHd certified doctor. Who cares if you're a stay at home mom or own a car dealership? Heres the bottoms line -the BMI will continue to decrease more and more over time to allow younger adults and adult right before the obese border line to have surgery. Many studies have found the surgery to be safer and most effective if the health problems are caught at an early age. There are a lot of Poole who get the surgery done out of pocket and/or in another coutry. You have to do what makes you happy and keep you dreaming with a good nights sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Ikr. It's funny to fall on posts that really take such a turn. How have you been?

Good by

You are right...there is no winning with an idiot...they bring you down to their level, then beat you with their experience!

He did post his opinion and when people put in their opinions, he started belittling them which isn't right. There's a right way and wrong way to share your opinions.

But I agree that we should move past this...obviously many of us don't agree with him which probably wont change and the best thing to do is to just leave it alone.