Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Here, Rny To Ds I Hope, So Worried

Hi everyone, hoping to find people who are going through the same as me or havta already had their revision done. I had RNY back in 2009... I founght for every pound lost ..one month after my surgery I had shattered my foot n was wheelchair bound for over three months... The pain meds they gave me started to ulcers on my stoma ...which in turn helped slightly enlarge my stoma and pouch... I only lost about 90lbs... Most of wich is because I only frankford Protein Shakes for two months straight to help my weight which when I went back to food, ..I started over eating ... I now have problems with my sugars..I'm hypoglycemic. I am almost don't all my tests to have my surgeon submit to my insurance for a rny to DS revision I'm so nervous n afraid my insurance will deny it. I am so close to 300 lbs again and fight to not gain, I can eat like I used to. :( need advise ... Have BCBS of PA anybody have their revision approved my BCBS ??? Thanks. :(

Welcome & I sure hope you get back on track.

Welcome! I am having a revision on Monday and it was approved but I have Avmed. My surgeon wrote a letter as to why the revision was needed and it got approved quickly. I had my original RNY in 2004, lost 170lbs and over the course of the last three years have gained 53lbs back. Part bcuz of behavior and in part because I have a dialated anastamosis. This is a great support group and any worries or questions ask away!

What is rny to ds?

Thank you everyone :) really glad I found this app.

An RNY to a DS is the gastric bypass RNY revised to a DS or Duodenel Switch. Its one of the most dangerous revisions, gotta be cut open. But also the most effective when it comes to failure with RNY

Why its dangerous? And why need revisions? Can you explain me pls

Its more dangerous due to the fact they are re-operating on stomach. And intestines that have already been altered. Also they cannot do this surgery lapriscopic, they have to cut me open to be able to revise my WLS. I had RNY back in Aug 09, I never lost everything, never even got under 200lbs. I gained back about 50 in the last two years. I had complication after complication. I shatter my left foot one month post Oo of my original surgery .. I was in a wheelchair for over 3 months. I really couldn't exercise, I then was give NSAIDS for the pain.(NSAIDS r a big NO NO) I then developed two ulcers on the opening of my pouch due to the ulcers...they really hurt trust. I also now have a bad progressively worsening disc in my lower spine (was more NSAIDS) for the pain I could barely walk or sit. I now am hypoglycemic where if I have to much sugar I have the dumping , but not the pucking kind. Have I have an episode my sugar drops to around 60 superfast, I shake, sweaty, n become so sick feeling I almost faint. All this n my ouch and stoma r now enlarged n I can eat just about as much I could as pre-op. :( its sucks more then u know. Im hoping my insurance covers the revision. Hope this helps explain.

Your story is similar to mine I was just denied revision by insurance but I am not giving up if any one has any recomendation on how to fight the insurance company priority health please respond I hope all goes well for you you been through a lot

Good luck

Sorry to hear about your bad luck hope everything works out for you

Surgery Anniversary 7/30/12

Thanks, n ill post updates. I have one more appointment with my nutritionist on 4th, then my doctor will submit everything to my insurance Co. ...then the real waiting begins... Same here ill fight if I havta

Well had my last nutrition appointment for insurance submitting, had sent my upper GI to my surgeon. TINA, Dr. Greenbaum's nurse told me yesterday he noted on my chart "very large pouch" hoping that is a sign that my insurance will approve my revision. ::crossing fingers:: because of who I work for I have a Medical Assistant that will help me with things. Lets hope having really good insurance with a fortune 100 company helps.

I got APPROVED! YAY! I'm sooo happy n releaved!

Awesome!!! So when will you have surgery?