Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well hope everyone had a great day. I have been busy and stressed. I track my food in myfitnesspal and have been low carb and under 2000 calories for weeks but I gained 5 lbs. shheeeeeeeeesh I need this surgery for just this reason. I was in the hospital and they took me off my diuretic maybe that's why I am a little bit swollen.

So maybe it's Water weight in any case that's my story and I am sticking to it!

Next month..... We don't have long!

Jessica

My name is Tiffany and I won't know till the Wednesday before my surgery the time. I have less the. 2 weeks left ahhh I can't wait. I just have to do a 24 liquid diet before surgery and take a mild laxative the day before. I did all my pre-op stuff had a chest X-ray ultrasound of my gallbladder nutrition class blah it took forever 4 1/2 hours an it was done. I'm a nurse so all this junk I already know about so it more annoying then anything especially being my second time around, I am ready for my new life already come on.

Hi all-i love reading everone's stories. Its so encouraging and helps so much, so thank you to all!

I started my two week clear liquid/protein shake diet yesterday-so far so good!! surgery is sept 11th. Had pre surgery bloodwork done on the 24th. It shows I'm severely low on Vitamin D and my white blood cell count is high. I'm hoping that's from an abscess I had removed from my leg ten days prior to tests, which is healed now. I'm now on 50,000 iu of D once a week for 8 weeks and the nurse said that won't delay the RNY. I have to get a note from physician who removed abscess, clearing me for surgery. Yikes I hope the infection is gone Tuesday when I see him again. Is there any way for me to know its still there? Any way I can make sure it's gone? :)

Hi Everybody,

I've been a member for awhile now but never listed my timeline thing-a-doodle....lol So here it goes......

• 1/1 Starting weight 490lbs with a BMI of 64.64
  • 2/27 Intitial consultation with my PCP
  • 2/22 Began the 1st of 6 Lifestyle classes
  • 4/3 Met with Weight Loss Surgeon Dr. Carol McCloskey and her Asst Shara who keeps everything on track.
  • 4/7 Cat Scan
  • 4/11 2nd Lifestyle Class
  • 5/5 sleep Study
  • 5/7 Chest Xray, Ekg, bloodwork
  • 5/17 3rd Lifestyle class
  • 6/11 Stress Test (Nuclear)
  • 6/12 Stress Test (Neclear)
  • 6/13 Upper Endoscopy & 4th Lifestyle class
  • 6/18 Met with Psychologist and Nutrionist
  • 7/19 5th Lifestyle Class
  • 8/8 6th and final Lifestyle class
  • 8/20 Call from Surgeon with news of Approval and date set!!!
  • 8/22 Clearence from PCP
  • 8/27 Approval letter from insurance finally came.
  • 8/29 Weight 415lbs. Hoping to reach 400lbs before surgery
  • 9/1 Final bloodwork
  • 9/7 Clearence from Cardiologist
  • 9/14 SUGERY SCHEDULED!!!

Wow, I really didn't realized I went through all that. But it will be worth it!!!! :D

sryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy just assumed with the user name my bad

Oh no it's fine jane is my middle name my first name was taken I'm sorry if I sounded rude :( I didn't mean it that way at all! And my insurance got finel approval today so they moved my date to September 11th kind of worried about that one!

Oh no it's fine jane is my middle name my first name was taken I'm sorry if I sounded rude :( I didn't mean it that way at all! And my insurance got finel approval today so they moved my date to September 11th kind of worried about that one!

I did not think it came off rude at all just wanted to say sorry. people get my name wrong a lot cuz my mother spelled it different and my last name is diff too. don't worry about it. now as to your date moved up if you don't want to go a week earlier can they just leave it or do you think you will get used to the idea?

Hey Mark that is quite a list. I have a huge one to but no way i am writing it out to darn tired tonight.

username. Date of WLS. Name

Juditha..........Sept 5...............Judith ?

Mommyhand........Sept 5...............?

Pebbles..........Sept 5...............Courtney

Tiffbp...........Sept 5...............Tiffany

Ciobella.........Sept 10..............Maria

NurseTab.........Sept 10..............?

Amazeyem.........Sept 10..............Lisa

Momof6...........Sept 10..............Kimberly

moffie...........Sept 11..............Mo

Mustangsteve.....Sept 11..............Steve

anelane.........Sept 11..............Jessicalydiajohnston611.Sept 12..............Lydia

Missyjack........Sept 13..............?

Tiburon..........Sept 13..............Angela

Riverbuff........Sept 14..............Mark

Cholosladii......Sept 18..............Lilli

Big Lou..........Sept 18..............Lou

chunkypudding....Sept 18..............Leslie

uniqueladybug....Sept 19..............Jessica

Stardusted.......Sept 24..............?

Dejoseana........Sept 25...............?

rabrijumo........Sept 25...............Rachael

rurias...........Sept 25...............Ramona

23 of us wowsa updating with Jessica(janelanes new date) she has now joined the 9/11 crew

I have a suggestion for the group feel free to do it or not. In my support group we talked about the term "Lost" wt. Lost having the connotation of needing to find said wt ,you know when you lose something you tend to want it back find it if you will. well we certainly don't want to find our wt once its eliminated. So to change a mind set/ verbal cue we say "reduce" or" eliminate" those terms don't convey a desire to recover the wt. what do you all think?

I have a lifetime over 50 years of ingrained habits and mind set to modify so I think it is worth a try.

I could not agree with you more. It should not be deemed a loss rather a gain. Manybof us are gaining freedom from eliminating thos milestone, and I for one do not want to look for the lost weight once its gone. The entire process we each have to surpass to reach our ultimate goal can only make the victory that much sweeter. After so many years of bad habits and negativoty its time we take the reins and lead on to a greater good.

I think that staying in a positive mindset will help with achieving my goals. I am looking forward to reducing my weight. I think you have made an interesting point about how the subconscious can prevent us from achieving goals. In this process I know I with have to switch up my thinking to stay on track.

I did not think it came off rude at all just wanted to say sorry. people get my name wrong a lot cuz my mother spelled it different and my last name is diff too. don't worry about it. now as to your date moved up if you don't want to go a week earlier can they just leave it or do you think you will get used to the idea?

My best friends name is britanni! no one ever spells it right and she never got those cool pencils with her name on them :(

So I'll be having weight reduction surgery.... WRS instead of WLS! Sounds good to me!

Jessica

LGS... Life gaining surgery...lol