Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just easier to post to and view pic of each others progress' date='etc..it was just a thought I wanted to throw out there and see what the feed back would be.[/quote']

I'm definitely game for a private FB group. I would still use this forum too, but I'm on FB more.

Had an emotional breakdown today.... I was actually crying for an epidural...lol. Had just been to the bathroom' date=' I started to go back and froze with pain. I couldn't move. Just started crying on my husband's chest. Pain meds are great! If I had waited ten more minutes, I could have prevented all that. FYI...Try to plan things around your meds!

Jessica[/quote']

So sorry you're having a difficult time, Jessica. Hang in there!

Oh I have reduced to 428 as of last thursday 20 lbs eliminated so far pre op yeah! and since I have been so ill since my IVC filter I haven't eaten hardly at all still on Optifast but had 2 meals yesterday and 1 the day before felt so icky. today I had a cup of coffee decaf! and a optifast bar' date=' plus 2 sugar free popsicles. still having a lot of pain in the top of my thigh but less then yesterday keeping ice on in to decrease the inflammation but i wish i could take a motrin but noooooooo never again[/quote']

You've been through a lot, Rachael. Soon, very soon you'll be on the losers bench with us!!!

Jessica BIG HUGS and sending speedy recovery to you

I've got a headache. My surgery is Tuesday and I can't take anything. I think its caffeine withdrawl. I would get this once in a while when I stopped drinking pop the headache would happen I would take a few sips of Pepsi and poof the headaches would go away. Other than that i'm ready for Tuesday morning :)

How is everyone doing? liquid diet really tests your patience and how committed you are to changing your lifestyle with food. I'm proud of myself and everyone who is so strong to get through this really tough journey

Good news...I'm 13 days post op and I.GET.REAL.FOOD.TOMORROW!!! It's still a limited menu, but I can have eggs, white fish, ground turkey/chicken, lunch meat, cheese, mashed/soft fruit and cooked veggies!!! I'm so excited!

Bad news...one of my incisions is infected. Thankfully, it opened on its own to drain so my doctor doesn't have to do it, but the scar will not be as pretty. I also have to take antibiotics for five days as a precaution. Just another reminder that this is NOT the easy way out!

Oh, more good news. Highest weight at start of journey was 225 and today I am 193! Down 17 pounds since coming home from hospital. I'm in Onederland for the first time since about 2005!

I've got a headache. My surgery is Tuesday and I can't take anything. I think its caffeine withdrawl. I would get this once in a while when I stopped drinking pop the headache would happen I would take a few sips of Pepsi and poof the headaches would go away. Other than that i'm ready for Tuesday morning :)

How is everyone doing? liquid diet really tests your patience and how committed you are to changing your lifestyle with food. I'm proud of myself and everyone who is so strong to get through this really tough journey

You should be able to take Tylenol..just no advil or Motrin. Maybe your Dr it different. I had to stop coffee months before surgery cuz I knew I was going to have bad with drawls. I hope you feel better. Good luck with surgery.

Just easier to post to and view pic of each others progress' date='etc..it was just a thought I wanted to throw out there and see what the feed back would be.[/quote']

I was just thinking if everyone starts going to fb we will lose their input on this forum.

I was just thinking if everyone starts going to fb we will lose their input on this forum.

I think this thread may slow down but I would surely input on the rest of the threads, this is where the info is, along with amazing support. On FB we would all be newbies.

oh, I dont think we will ever stop coming to this forum, I know I wont.. I find so many interesting things on here and get lots of my questions answered, I just thought it would be nice to continue the unity we all share, alot of the sept members have found they live in the same state if not the same town, I know one women on here lives 1 hr away from me and has the same dr... i think that is so awesome, but I in know way think we will be taking away from this site. I just wanted a easier way to stay in touch with everyone.. :) hope you are well and have a blessed week.

you forgot me in the september list: ( : ( my surgery is monday the 24th....my name is Tracie starting weight 239

Tracy...

You and I are on the same track! I had surgery on the 11th & been on liquids ever since... until 27th. Starting weight is the same. Good luck 2mrw.. will be praying for you & looking for updates!!

so, i finally called my dr today, the 1st thing out of his mouth is :hello pinky" (my hair is Hot pink)lol, well it was about the leftside pain as it last about 2 hrs, he put me back on clear liquids... I wanted to start crying right there on the phone, he said if the pain doesnt resolve after Clear Liquids and and enema I have to go back to the hospital. WTF, he asked what i had been doing around the house and I told him, emptying the garbage, loading the dishwasher and washing clothes, he said NO. NO, NO... that is why your in so much pain you are not to be doing anything for at least 2 weeks.. well hell then, tell my husband and 17 yr son that mom needs a maid.. sucks that we are moving into our new house on BASE on Thursday thank go for TMO they are going to pack everything in our house.. I really dont want to go back to the hospital. I am better working at one than being a pt ...lol. well my prayers and well wishes to everyone this week that is having surgery and everyone that is healing I hope and pray for a healing and speedy recovery.. have a blessed week...

You have to remember you just had surgery. Tell your husband and son that if they don't help then your going away for a few days and they will have to do everything themselves. Hopefully they will help when you tell them that

You should be able to take Tylenol..just no advil or Motrin. Maybe your Dr it different. I had to stop coffee months before surgery cuz I knew I was going to have bad with drawls. I hope you feel better. Good luck with surgery.

Thank you :) I firgued I wasn't allowed to take anything.

Any post ops on here swallowing any large-ish pills? What about those of you on antibiotics? What are you taking and in what form? I have to take antibiotics for my infected incision and the on call doctor (not a bariatric surgeon) prescribed Keflex capsules. I opened one tonight and put the powder in yogurt and it was awful. I gagged. I take Zyrtec and Pepcid with no problems, but the capsule is bigger.