Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am going to get my IVC filter inserted tomorrow. I have to be at the hospital at 930 am.

Had a very bad reaction to a new pain med my doc tried yesterday but feel great today. I went to my hospital pre op class, it was fine. My trial packs of oh yeah and nectar arrived I haven't tried them yet might wait til post op.

I got my infectious disease clearance letter faxed it to the docs office. So I am a go!

hey sept! i had my surgery sept 9! i started journey july 2 . i needed medical clearance from primary, 1 nutrition class, cardiology clearance and pysch evaluation that was it . i did have to wait almost 1 month for an appt for pysch evalution. will not be much longer you must be so excited! great success

The liquid diet part is tough when everyone else is eating. You can walk into the kitchen and grab something to drink and think i'll get a bite OH WAIT I can't.

I pretend that the sf popsicles are hambugers, lasagna, and then fill on Protein Shakes.< /p>

I talked to the lady who did the psych evaluation because she has had lap band also. She said the worst part is before surgery but she said meditating helps, remember why your having the surgery and to keep busy.

Hey all. I'm back at home now. Hopefully I can type this without falling asleep. I woke up this morning with blood all over my binder it was coming from the JP drain. I stay on pain medicine every 4 hours around the clock. Still have gas I.can't expell. Oh my gosh its so so hard to drink! I walk as much as I can especially when I hear the gas moving haha which is pretty much all the time. I don't even want food!!!! Its so awesome! I can be around it and have no desire.

Sassy you're so incredible you climbed how many flights of stairs?! You go girl!!!!

Just thought I'd post some of my thoughts. Take care my friends love and prayers~judy

Oh and I was really depressed because I gained 10.pounds from IV fuilds they gave me extra because I had a UTI that probably came from prep. HUBBY said if I get upset he will let the boys use the scale for target practice.

username.date WLS...name..start wt..reduced to wt

[*]*Debs84.....Sept 4.......? ........ ........

[*]*Twos2many...Sept 4........? ....... ........

[*]*Juditha....Sept 5.....Judith .....281 ...272

[*]*Mommyhand...Sept 5...Wendy.....267.....250

[*]*Pebbles...Sept 5......Courtney.....250-252..

[*]*Tiffbp...........Sept 5....Tiffany..... ....

[*]*Lqgirl.........Sept 5.....Diane...???...???

[*]*Naturalgal518.....Sept 5...Jessica....341highest.....start 329

[*]*september2012....Sept 7...?...???

[*]*Landensmommy10....Sept 7....Lexi.....240

[*]*jess929........Sept 10...Jessica...284...238

[*]*Ciaobella......Sept 10....Maria.....225.....209

[*]*NurseTab.....Sept 10.....Tiffany......270.....

[*]*Amazeyem...Sept 10......Lisa........

[*]*Momof6........Sept 10.....Kimberly... ....235.4

[*]*Molly1978.....Sept 10.....Molly...?....?

[*]*dpowers23….Sept 10…Danielle..

[*]*moffie........Sept 11....Mo....... .........

[*]*HELWA1980...Sept 11..... Melissa....340...274

[*]*Mustangsteve.....Sept 11......Steve......334.....???

[*]*janelane...Sept 11......Jessica....330 ..318

[*]*flip-flop-gurl…Sept 11….Lana

[*]*lydiajohnston611.Sept 12.Lydia... ...

[*]*Isla.....................Sept 12.......?....? ?

[*]*cksauve..... Sept 12....?.....???...???

[*]*Mytime…Sept 12…

[*]*Goddessblaze...Sept 13....Leilani....240.....234

[*]*Missyjack....Sept 13.....? ...... .........

[*]*Tiburon..........Sept 13...Angela.....228..

[*]*Riverbuff.Sept 14..Mark..490 now 412.goals:pre op 400 final 225

[*]*Judeaboo.......Sept 17..Judy......331....325

[*]*mbmom...Sept 17...name?..start wt?...current wt?

[*]*sassyvirgo ...Sept 17..Nikki

[*]*Cholosladii...Sept 18...Lilli..309 ...290

[*]*Big Lou.starting weight 545. Surgery day 476 !goal. Alot healthier 265 !!

[*]*sandy_ladyrider..Sept 18..Sandy...start wt?..current wt?

[*]*Jeffboutwell77..Sept 18…Jeff…

[*]*uniqueladybug....Sept 19...Jessica...215...?

[*]*Maggie0557......Sept 19.... ....???....???

[*]*jknap01...Sept 21.....Jennifer.......370...?

[*]*grannykathy...Sept 24...Kathy......348...310

[*]*Stardusted.....Sept 24...? ...... .........

[*]*Mommaof4zs...sept 24...237...

[*]roxyraquel .....sept 24

[*]*chunkypudding....Sept 25...Leslie.... .....

[*]*Dejoseana...Sept 25..? ..... .....

[*]*rabrijumo...Sept 25...Rachael..448..436 goal 175

[*]*rurias...........Sept 25... Ramona.....328.....?...

[*]*4kimmy2......Sept 26....Kim.....?....?

[*]*Sadlerjt …Sept 28….Toya….207

think i am forgetting someone gonna go check

So hey hey September members how is your day going? Where are you in your pre op eating? Thoughts? Fears?

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I'm day 3 on liquids. Mentally I am doing awesome and it hasn't been hard. Mostly because I went off big sugar and caffeine when I could still eat real food. The caffeine migrane is the worst. I got through it and now smooth sailing

Jessica(ulb) so glad to get a hospital update. Glad it went well. Hope Maggie's went well to.

Lili awesome you got home so fast. Take care and don't overdo.

Momof6 sorry to hear about that ripping pain' date=' I agree with Jess check if it's hot or tender and call that doc.

Sassy you are kicking butt girl three flights of stairs sheesh I can't do that pre op lol. Glad it went well and the dire predictions of your family did not come true. They must love you a lot to be so afraid.

As for me I had to leave work early today side effects of the new pain med I tried. My pcp and I are trying to find a replacement for Percocet which I have to take with Benadryl cuz it makes me itch and only at night cuz perc n Benadryl make me sleepy. So she tried fentanyl patch 1st but I welt up from adhesives and the next one was oral morphine wellllllllll boy did I itch crazy so I took 2 Benadryl and today was nauseated and dizzy couldn't et anything til tonight( I am on my Optifast diet).

Still trying to get my infectious disease doc to write the damn clearance letter but he is waiting for the result of my nasal swab he did in his office. He told me I was cleared either way neg or positive just had to continue decolonizing and if positive ake prophylactic vancomycin pre op.

I have my two hour hospital class tmr am then work then Friday I have the IVC filter inserted in my heart to prevent clots getting to my heart or brain post op.[/quote']

Girl what are we going to do for you...that should just do the iv vanco and call it a day. And of course the filter which is a must..I hope allthings good and great for you..I do hope we can all start a group maybe a closed one on Facebook so we can all stay in touch and continue to share pics, stories, emotions etc...I think that would be kinda cool..

Oh and I was really depressed because I gained 10.pounds from IV fuilds they gave me extra because I had a UTI that probably came from prep. HUBBY said if I get upset he will let the boys use the scale for target practice.

I gained weight to it will come off in about 3 days. Also the yoga pose child pray pose helps with gas but it put weight on you stomach and you still have a drain..the worst for me is the left side plain which I'm ready to call the Dr about...however I'm glad you are home and well have a blessed day

you forgot me in the september list: ( : ( my surgery is monday the 24th....my name is Tracie starting weight 239

I gained weight to it will come off in about 3 days. Also the yoga pose child pray pose helps with gas but it put weight on you stomach and you still have a drain..the worst for me is the left side plain which I'm ready to call the Dr about...however I'm glad you are home and well have a blessed day

Is that left side pain under your left breast? It is my worst pain.

Still doing just Water and Protein drinks.....sigh

Maggie