Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Am 9 Years Out Rny Gastic Bypass

I am 52, off all meds, overall well considering I have gained weight. Surgery wt. 353 3/2003, lowest in 2005 200 and curently 253. I was at 263 two and half weeks ago. Started changing eating and exercising. If I would have dont that from the beginning I would not be in this situation. I am having a total hip replacement next month and tryint to have 25 lbs off. I have 15 more to go before my surgery. I would like to get down to 185-190 as my goal. My bloodwork has always been good since beginning to date. I did not exercise after surgery and after 2 yrs starting drinking diet cokes and eating sweets. I dumped on and off the first 7 years. I have not really dumped over the last couple of years. I have never been able to throw up since surgery. I only have dry heaves and spitting. (sorry for the graphics). My still can not eat large amounts at one setting. More than at first, but not nearly like prior to surgery. I know how and why I gained. I didn't work within the guidelines. The one guideline I did follow to date is not drinking with my meals.

I currently am not eating much meat or processed food. Feeling much better and getting around 65 gram of Protein a day. I do lots of grains, whole foods and lentils. I have found the iphone app "My fitness Pal" extremly helpful. I know my body has been transformed inside, but other than large amounts I was back at my old lifestyle. At 52 and hip surgery upcoming I can not live in denial anylonger. I can have surgery, make excuses and lie, but I will not live a good quality of life. I have been blessed with a good surgeon for bypass, supportive family and grace by God.

Looking for others who may be in the same boat!!

Warrior253

Hello and welcome! I as in the same boat. Had my RNY in 2004. I lost 130 lbs but gained over the last 3 years. Just like you. I didn't follow the guidelines. Drinking soda, beer, wine, eatting whatever I wanted and dri king while I ate. I gained back 80lbs. Luckily I was able to have a revision on 6/28. This time I am following the rules!

You can get back on track. It's not too late. I just joined My Fitness Pal. I'm working4shoes.

I am 52' date=' off all meds, overall well considering I have gained weight. Surgery wt. 353 3/2003, lowest in 2005 200 and curently 253. I was at 263 two and half weeks ago. Started changing eating and exercising. If I would have dont that from the beginning I would not be in this situation. I am having a total hip replacement next month and tryint to have 25 lbs off. I have 15 more to go before my surgery. I would like to get down to 185-190 as my goal. My bloodwork has always been good since beginning to date. I did not exercise after surgery and after 2 yrs starting drinking diet cokes and eating sweets. I dumped on and off the first 7 years. I have not really dumped over the last couple of years. I have never been able to throw up since surgery. I only have dry heaves and spitting. (sorry for the graphics). My still can not eat large amounts at one setting. More than at first, but not nearly like prior to surgery. I know how and why I gained. I didn't work within the guidelines. The one guideline I did follow to date is not drinking with my meals.

I currently am not eating much meat or processed food. Feeling much better and getting around 65 gram of Protein a day. I do lots of grains, whole foods and lentils. I have found the iphone app "My fitness Pal" extremly helpful. I know my body has been transformed inside, but other than large amounts I was back at my old lifestyle. At 52 and hip surgery upcoming I can not live in denial anylonger. I can have surgery, make excuses and lie, but I will not live a good quality of life. I have been blessed with a good surgeon for bypass, supportive family and grace by God.

Looking for others who may be in the same boat!!

Warrior253

[/quote']

Welcome, I also had my RNY in 2004 & have also gained 53lbs, in part due to bad habits & in part due to a dialated anastomosis. I am schedule for a revision on 8/20, for the most part I also follow the rules except for alchohol I had gotten in the habit of twice a month drinking with friends and that has shown on the scale. Have you tried the 5 day pouch test? You can google it, it has helped some get back on track. As for me the food just empties too quickly leaving me hungry after a short time. I joined the gym 6 months ago and after not losing a pound I decided to get some tests done and that is when they found the dialation. This site is great and some things have changed from when we did it years ago. I am taking everything as a newbie and taking them one step at a time, good luck and know that there is always people here with positve thoughts!

I will send a friend request on Fitness Pal. Maybe we can help each other. I can't afford a second surgery and really don't want to do it either. Guess it will be old school. Eat less, better choices, balance and exercise. LOL thanks for letting me know I am not alone.

I also wonder if others stuggle with gas from the Protein shakes. Mine is horrible and makes it hard to drink shakes.< /p>

Welcome' date=' I also had my RNY in 2004 & have also gained 53lbs, in part due to bad habits & in part due to a dialated anastomosis. I am schedule for a revision on 8/20, for the most part I also follow the rules except for alchohol I had gotten in the habit of twice a month drinking with friends and that has shown on the scale. Have you tried the 5 day pouch test? You can google it, it has helped some get back on track. As for me the food just empties too quickly leaving me hungry after a short time. I joined the gym 6 months ago and after not losing a pound I decided to get some tests done and that is when they found the dialation. This site is great and some things have changed from when we did it years ago. I am taking everything as a newbie and taking them one step at a time, good luck and know that there is always people here with positve thoughts![/quote']

GREAT! I have never heard of the 5 day pouch test. I will give a google. Thanks for the reply and encouragement