Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Trouble With Dr's Office

I have had a hard time with my "surgery coordinator" ever since I completed my 3 month weight loss. She misinformed me about seening another person in the office prior to being submited to the "Board" for approval so I had to hurry and see her then get the approval from the "Board" and see the dr one day and have my EGD the next. I explained to my Dr and his NP and everyone in the office my need to complete the surgery by Aug 14th due to my starting back to school so I can keep my current position at my job... sad thing is I work for the same hospital system that is doing my surgery...and that owns my Dr's office!!! I had to beg her to submit everything to my Tricare last Thursday, she did it. They sent back yesterday and said the only thing they need to complete the approval is the actual dates of surgery/admission...which should be next MONDAY Aug 13th!! But she hasnt submitted it to them as of now....and I still have 2 office visits to get in and a hospital preop to do... I've been telling them for 4 and a half months my "deadline" and they've all agreed it could be done.... Now I dont know what to do??? I called her this morning...but she hasnt returned the call... should I call the office manager?? or keep calling her?? I am afraid this one butt is going to cause a big screw up for me!!!!

Wow, that's so frustrating... Not sure what to do...

I just talked to her again.... she finally revised my dates with Tricare...they will update within 24hrs (I talked to Tricare to make sure she did it).

She and I had a very heated conversation as to why she has been treating me so poorly, seems it boils down to me working in the same hospital system as the Dr and being able to talk to him and explain my situation and him asking her to push it through for me. She said she doesnt like having to rush anything and I should have never asked that it be rushed and just let it take its course. She said she usually has 5 days to prepare a chart and she had to do mine in the same day.... guess she's pissed at me because he understands my reasons for needing to have surgery between certain dates..... not sure. Just hope I have very limited dealings with her after Monday!!

Pissed or not it's her job, she needs to shut up and do it.

Oh and good luck :D

Pissed or not it's her job' date=' she needs to shut up and do it.[/quote']

AAAAAAAAMEN!!!

Hell yes she can hush I hate how they can be so rude I would tell her shut ur yap

I just talked to her again.... she finally revised my dates with Tricare...they will update within 24hrs (I talked to Tricare to make sure she did it).

She and I had a very heated conversation as to why she has been treating me so poorly' date=' seems it boils down to me working in the same hospital system as the Dr and being able to talk to him and explain my situation and him asking her to push it through for me. She said she doesnt like having to rush anything and I should have never asked that it be rushed and just let it take its course. She said she usually has 5 days to prepare a chart and she had to do mine in the same day.... guess she's pissed at me because he understands my reasons for needing to have surgery between certain dates..... not sure. Just hope I have very limited dealings with her after Monday!![/quote']

FYI, in my office her butt would be chewed for talking to you like this.....unless a patient is cussing, threatening, or otherwise verbally abusing you, it's all yes ma'am, no ma'am.

You gave them 4 1/2 months notice. That's not a rush job. She's just lazy.

I'd be speaking to the office manager. That's Absolutely unprofessional and uncalled for! I had a specific date I needed to complete my surgery by as well. I was on the phone with my insurance and the doctors office daily til I got it approved. I'm so glad that's all over now. Good luck and hopefully it will be smooth sailing now!

Sent from my VS920 4G using RNYTalk

FYI, in my office her butt would be chewed for talking to you like this.....unless a patient is cussing, threatening, or otherwise verbally abusing you, it's all yes ma'am, no ma'am.

I was in no way being disrespectful of her, we work for the same hospital system, I would never talk to a coworker like she has to me! My Nurse Manager would have fired me on the spot! But for what ever reason she is acting this way, and she'll have to account for it....Karma is a b**ch sometimes. Maybe their other patients just arent doing the follow up as completely as I do? But this is important to me ... and I am not about to let her ruin my chance for a new life because shes a butthead! We'll see how today goes..... Thanks for all the support!

I have been having the same problem with my offices surgery coordinator. I know we aren't their only patient, but we all deserve to be treated with respectfully. I had a deadline as well, the surgeon agreed to it and the surgery coordinator gave me a deadline to complete my preop testing. I met that deadline, then called multiple times a day for weeks with no returned call. Finally, when I call and ask to speak with her supervisor my call was returned. I was given a completely different oppinion on my original surgery date.

My surgery is now scheduled for more than a month after it was supposed to be requiring me to obtain more help getting my kids to school and picking them up.

Stay on them, its your right!

I have been having the same problem with my offices surgery coordinator. I know we aren't their only patient, but we all deserve to be treated with respectfully. I had a deadline as well, the surgeon agreed to it and the surgery coordinator gave me a deadline to complete my preop testing. I met that deadline, then called multiple times a day for weeks with no returned call. Finally, when I call and ask to speak with her supervisor my call was returned. I was given a completely different oppinion on my original surgery date.

My surgery is now scheduled for more than a month after it was supposed to be requiring me to obtain more help getting my kids to school and picking them up.

Stay on them, its your right!

Not doubt...I have to stay on them... got too many things depending on her to get her stuff straight and get me scheduled like she should....I am keeping on it!!