Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have had a bladder infection that I'm taking medication for, but can't get rid of. My obgyn said it is common amoung bypass because of being dehydrated. Anyone else having this issue? I am drinking about 64 oz of Water a day if not more. I only drink water. I have not had tea in weeks and have not had a soda in months. My rny was June 5th.

I have not had a bladder infection but ended up having my gallbladder removed 10 wks. after surgery. I had the gall stones before RNY surgery and after surgery I had a really bad gall bladder attack, felt like a heart attack, not fun. You are drinking enough Water, which my dr. also recommends minimum 64 oz. of water a day. Some days I drink more some days less but I generally get the 64 in. I would talk to your bypass doctor about it. BTW cute picture of your and your doggie :)

I have had a bladder infection that I'm taking medication for' date=' but can't get rid of. My obgyn said it is common amoung bypass because of being dehydrated. Anyone else having this issue? I am drinking about 64 oz of Water a day if not more. I only drink Water. I have not had tea in weeks and have not had a soda in months. My rny was June 5th.[/quote']

Yes, I've had a uti, yeast, bladder since day 3 of my surgery. Im not drinking enough water. What's the color of your urine? Also, the antibiotics didn't work - you actually have to drink more water when on it. The yeast infection pills helped out a lot - diflucan.

My urine color is usually pretty clear, but sometimes it will change darker. I know the clear is what I want, and watch my color everytime.

I'm had my surgery done almost 6month ago .. 3 month ago I start to have uti .. Antibiotic doesn't work and I don't know what 2 do any more .. I try 2 drink the most Water that I can but it is hard for me :( .. Idk what 2 do any more ..

I have not had a uti, but I am really worried about this because I sometimes have a hard time getting all my fluids in. A friend of mine that has been struggling with this started taking cranberry pills- buy them in the Vitamin section- and she says that this has helped. I need to get some but just thought I'd share- maybe this will help!

So, I have just had a consult with the urologist for this very issue. I had 1 and only 1 UTI in my entire life before RNY and now have had 3 in one year. So I didn't get much of an answer about the UTI's, just a very expensive test where they measured and weighed the urine and then checked my bladder with an ultrasound to make sure I had completely emptied it (I had). Was told to come to the ER the next time I experienced symptoms. This is because I never had any "classic" UTI symptoms, just a lot of pain and bloating, which suggested kidney stones, something else I had never had, but most likely don't because, then the next consult was with a gastroenterologist who said none of the symptoms were due to the UTI - it just may have been coincidental - that I had pancreatitis. (I had also had a frightfully expensive (thank goodness insurance exists) set of pancreas imaging tests - So it was not as straight forward as a UTI but a complex set of issues - most likely caused by the bypass. Call your Dr for further info and testing. More that 3 UTI in a year and the gastric bypass warrant a visit to the urologist.