Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm starting to feel like the oddball when I talk to others that have had RNY. From the date of my surgery, 6/25/2012, I have had only one problem and that was dehydration for one day. I have had no nausea/vomiting. No pain other than gas for about 3-5 days. I will be 6wks as of Monday and I can eat just about anything I try with no problem. I'm not brave enough to try anything fried, though. Tonight, I had a about 1/4 of a chicken fajita with no tortilla. My incision that is on the left side.....some people say theirs is kinda ugly. Mine is barely and inch long. However, I did discover at 3wks out that I antibiotics in the pill form aren't my friend. Otherwise, haven't had much of a problem with food. At first I was able to eat more than I can now, but it is slowing down now.

I think I'm a little nervous about my pouch working TOO well. My supervisor told me I'm just blessed.

Its not bad to be what people can aspire to have as their experience...I know everyone is different. But with hearing all the bad since I am pre-surgery (August 15th) hearing some good is excellent! Thank you for sharing.

Omg! Lol, I was just talking to my husband about being paranoid that I was drinking too much too fast & stretching my pouch out. I haven't had much trouble with food at all. Except for Protein powder making me feel sick. I'm not even 2 weeks out yet & I already ate the topping off of a slice of pizza with no trouble. I'm still paranoid though. Afraid that this ease will get me into trouble. My Left side incision is barely noticeable. It looks like a little scratch. O have had problems with pain on that side but during the surgery they accidentally cut something they shouldn't have. Even that pain is going away. I haven't needed pain killers since about day 4. I do have 1 incision that is right where all my waistbands hit & it popped open & was bleeding pretty heavy earlier.

New Life Started 07/24/12

Havent had many issues either. Some vomiting if I eat too fast but other then that I'm good to go. You are not an oddball lol you are blessed

I'm starting to feel like the oddball when I talk to others that have had RNY. From the date of my surgery' date=' 6/25/2012, I have had only one problem and that was dehydration for one day. I have had no nausea/vomiting. No pain other than gas for about 3-5 days. I will be 6wks as of Monday and I can eat just about anything I try with no problem. I'm not brave enough to try anything fried, though. Tonight, I had a about 1/4 of a chicken fajita with no tortilla. My incision that is on the left side.....some people say theirs is kinda ugly. Mine is barely and inch long. However, I did discover at 3wks out that I antibiotics in the pill form aren't my friend. Otherwise, haven't had much of a problem with food. At first I was able to eat more than I can now, but it is slowing down now.

I think I'm a little nervous about my pouch working TOO well. My supervisor told me I'm just blessed.[/quote']

Yes! Your blessed, just count those lucky stars. My friend was the same way and she probably lost about 30 pounds a months because she was able to stick to all the rules!!!

Omg! Lol' date=' I was just talking to my husband about being paranoid that I was drinking too much too fast & stretching my pouch out. I haven't had much trouble with food at all. Except for Protein powder making me feel sick. I'm not even 2 weeks out yet & I already ate the topping off of a slice of pizza with no trouble. I'm still paranoid though. Afraid that this ease will get me into trouble. My Left side incision is barely noticeable. It looks like a little scratch. O have had problems with pain on that side but during the surgery they accidentally cut something they shouldn't have. Even that pain is going away. I haven't needed pain killers since about day 4. I do have 1 incision that is right where all my waistbands hit & it popped open & was bleeding pretty heavy earlier.

New Life Started 07/24/12[/quote']

I only used pain killers for sleep. My incisions were no problem at all. I'm not bold enough to try pizza yet. Lol

Its not bad to be what people can aspire to have as their experience...I know everyone is different. But with hearing all the bad since I am pre-surgery (August 15th) hearing some good is excellent! Thank you for sharing.

No problem.

I had gastric bypass a year ago July 11th. It is the best decision I have ever made. I just recently had to have my gall bladder removed which was expected eventually but other than that and the drain causing me pain the day after surgery, I have had no complications. I have gone from a size 18 to a size 0 in less than a year. This is much more wieght than I ever expected to lose and I haven't yet hit a plateau but I am very happy. I feel healthier and much more comfortable in my skin. I can chase my kids around the house without feeling winded immediately. I have only experienced mild dumpin syndrome once from too fatty of meat. It was very uncomfortable and for that reason I am very strict about what I eat.

To anyone considering this surgery, I am 30 years old and a mother of 2. Ive gone from being a comfortable size 18 to being a baggy size 0; I've lost 145 lbs in one years time and I feel great physically. I had dangerously high hypertension before surgery ad less than a month after I was off of all medicine as well as off all asthma medicine. It is a challenge at first and you will struggle at times but when you start seeing and feeling results from all the work you've put in you will feel wonderful. I now enjoy eating right and excercising everyday. Those sweets and junk foods I used to crave have been replaced by fruits and veggies and getting in the gym. There are times when mentally I do not feel any different than the girl I was a year ago but it subsides quickly as soon as I hit the gym or play tag with my kids. I never would have been able to run with them or even at the gym for longer than a few minutes before.

It's a life changing decision and I fully recommend it for anyone struggling with health issues or self esteem issues that cannot seem to do it alone but are willing to make the life changes and put in the work to make it successful

Yes! Your blessed' date=' just count those lucky stars. My friend was the same way and she probably lost about 30 pounds a months because she was able to stick to all the rules!!![/quote']

I didn't say I followed ALL the rules. pureed was awful. I pureed some, chopped up some foods real fine, and some went down solid with no issues!

I had gastric bypass a year ago July 11th. It is the best decision I have ever made. I just recently had to have my gall bladder removed which was expected eventually but other than that and the drain causing me pain the day after surgery' date=' I have had no complications. I have gone from a size 18 to a size 0 in less than a year. This is much more wieght than I ever expected to lose and I haven't yet hit a plateau but I am very happy. I feel healthier and much more comfortable in my skin. I can chase my kids around the house without feeling winded immediately. I have only experienced mild dumpin syndrome once from too fatty of meat. It was very uncomfortable and for that reason I am very strict about what I eat.

To anyone considering this surgery, I am 30 years old and a mother of 2. Ive gone from being a comfortable size 18 to being a baggy size 0; I've lost 145 lbs in one years time and I feel great physically. I had dangerously high hypertension before surgery ad less than a month after I was off of all medicine as well as off all asthma medicine. It is a challenge at first and you will struggle at times but when you start seeing and feeling results from all the work you've put in you will feel wonderful. I now enjoy eating right and excercising everyday. Those sweets and junk foods I used to crave have been replaced by fruits and veggies and getting in the gym. There are times when mentally I do not feel any different than the girl I was a year ago but it subsides quickly as soon as I hit the gym or play tag with my kids. I never would have been able to run with them or even at the gym for longer than a few minutes before.

It's a life changing decision and I fully recommend it for anyone struggling with health issues or self esteem issues that cannot seem to do it alone but are willing to make the life changes and put in the work to make it successful[/quote']

Omg! A size 0! I can't even contemplate myself being that small. That's amazing.

I'm the same way. I can eat mostly anything I want. Only sick once and that was bc I didn't chew well enough. I'm 5 weeks after surgery and I can pretty much drink normal sips of liquid. I'm always worried that I stretched my pouch. I guess we are just lucky!

I had gastric bypass a year ago July 11th. It is the best decision I have ever made. I just recently had to have my gall bladder removed which was expected eventually but other than that and the drain causing me pain the day after surgery' date=' I have had no complications. I have gone from a size 18 to a size 0 in less than a year. This is much more wieght than I ever expected to lose and I haven't yet hit a plateau but I am very happy. I feel healthier and much more comfortable in my skin. I can chase my kids around the house without feeling winded immediately. I have only experienced mild dumpin syndrome once from too fatty of meat. It was very uncomfortable and for that reason I am very strict about what I eat.

It's a life changing decision and I fully recommend it for anyone struggling with health issues or self esteem issues that cannot seem to do it alone but are willing to make the life changes and put in the work to make it successful[/quote']

Wow!!! That's quite an amazing story! Certainly I made the right decision! I'm 4 months post-op had lost 83lbs and had never question the decision I made, and reading your story gives more strength to focus on the goal, which is the goal for a much healthy lifestyle! I appreciate you taking the time to inspire us, your fellow WLS population - thanks! And again WOW size 0 AMAZING! I hope I get there ;)!!!

Wow!!! That's quite an amazing story! Certainly I made the right decision! I'm 4 months post-op had lost 83lbs and had never question the decision I made, and reading your story gives more strength to focus on the goal, which is the goal for a much healthy lifestyle! I appreciate you taking the time to inspire us, your fellow WLS population - thanks! And again WOW size 0 AMAZING! I hope I get there ;)!!!

Thank you! It definitely feels great to know that my story helps some people to stick with it :) Great job to you as well!

Omg! A size 0! I can't even contemplate myself being that small. That's amazing.

Thank you! When I started out I had realistically hoped for like a size 8 comfortably. I never even dreamed to be smaller than that.

Good luck to you on your journey!

Ok, so for those of you who have pouches of Iron. Did you go ahead and stick to the full fluids & pureed?