Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Shots! No Not The Painful Kind!

I have been so bad about my protien since I came home. I'm four months out on the 25th. I can't drink any of those shakes. It's not just about taste. It's the texture' date=' that thick frothy and gritty foam it turns into makes me sick just looking at it. And the vanilla ones are GROSS!!! I wish like hell there was a chewable protien tab. Imagine the money they could make on that! I tried one of those bullets, and it said fuzzy peach on it, so why when I opened it and took a sip, did I drive the rest of the way home wishing I didn't? That thing tasted and smelled like a barn!!! I'll keep eating my soy Beans out of the pods with a bit of sea salt. Not too costly, and pretty yummy!![/quote']

I was gonna send you a message. I was thinking about you today believe it or not.

I was gonna send you a message. I was thinking about you today believe it or not.

I know I have dropped off for a while. I have not forgotten my rny family. I have just been pretty sick. Okay, very sick. I've not held anything down in over a week now and because of a major flare of RA and no money to speak of, I have had to take aspirin just to get out of bed. And some days I can't get out. This was never this bad before the surgery. No need to give me the third degree about the aspirin, I'm suffering for that too. Cramps in my left side since starting. I miss you guys. I'll be on more. I promise. And I'll be going to the doctor soon. Don't really feel like dropping dead, I just got thin!! Lol hugs Mami!!!!!

I know I have dropped off for a while. I have not forgotten my rny family. I have just been pretty sick. Okay' date=' very sick. I've not held anything down in over a week now and because of a major flare of RA and no money to speak of, I have had to take aspirin just to get out of bed. And some days I can't get out. This was never this bad before the surgery. No need to give me the third degree about the aspirin, I'm suffering for that too. Cramps in my left side since starting. I miss you guys. I'll be on more. I promise. And I'll be going to the doctor soon. Don't really feel like dropping dead, I just got thin!! Lol hugs Mami!!!!![/quote']

Get better soon. I went threw the not eating one week. Had endoscopy done turn out my stomach closed completely. They open it & I feel better then ever. Your getting really thin over this issue you mention? Oh girl wish I was near to help you. My kids will all be in school full time & I have nothing but time on my hand.

Thank you both do much. I had begun to worry I was losing my mind. I was setting things down and losing them right after. My bf made me sit down and calm down, because after almost three straight days of less than four hours of sleep, and no food, my mind was gooooone!!! I sat down alright, and cried. He dragged me to my room in the middle of the afternoon and layed there so I would not get up. I slept!! So now that I got the sleep issue out of the way, I get to work on eating. It seems more like a game of Russian roulette. But I have faith it will get better. I start a new job as a nanny to a super sweet seven month old. And the parents are wonderful. The mother had RNY five years ago, so I'm getting good tips to boot!! I worked one day last week and I do cleaning as part of my job. I was working for six hours straight, and the more I cleaned the better I felt. No pain in my legs, no sweating like a runner, just getting things done and fast!! But when you can't eat.. Oh I got the worst migraine!!! So it's all a learning thing.

A nutritionist from my job got me Yes whey, a Protein shot made from whey isolate Protein only and it's 25g of protein per tube and it's only 2.9 oz.

I'm going to give it a try and I'll update you guys with the taste opinion.

This is pretty new and it's available from a pretty reliable source. Bariatricadvantage.com.

Cheers!

This one looks very promising!! 25g of protein in a 2.9oz serving. The ingredient list from Bariatric Advantage is:

Serving Size = 2.9 fl. oz.

Ingredients: Pure deionized Water, whey protein isolate (milk), Vitamins [ascorbic acid ©, niacin (B3), panthothenic acid (B5), pyridoxine (B6), riboflavin (B2), thiamin (B1), folic acid, Biotin and cobalamin (B12)], potassium sorbate, natural flavors, sucralose, acesulfame-potassium, red 40.

Whey isolate is about 90% pure protein and although it is a milk byproduct, the isolate has been ultra filtered and most of the lactose is removed in the filtration process. Even some who are lactose intolerant have few problems with whey isolate. Looking forward to hearing the taste test results!! Thanks for sharing shrinkingDEE!!