Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm interested to hear stories of how long approval (and subsequent surgery) took for everyone start to finish??

I turned paperwork into dr office and chked with insurance company everyday. I received a approval the 2nd day - 48 hours. It took a week for Dr office to get official approval letter from insurance company. Then they schedule surgery the following month - a little less than 30 days.

I turned paperwork into dr office and chked with insurance company everyday. I received a approval the 2nd day - 48 hours. It took a week for Dr office to get official approval letter from insurance company. Then they schedule surgery the following month - a little less than 30 days.

Wow!!! So you're post op? Can I ask what ins? Hopefully mine will be that quick!

post-21673-13813809922898_thumb.png

[ATTACH]574[/ATTACH]

I'm about to give up this pic business! !

I'm about to give up this pic business! !

Your pic is showing :) don't feel bad took me 3 days I think to figure it out lol and it will show a dif pic of me when I'm on my iPad lol

Wow!!! So you're post op? Can I ask what ins? Hopefully mine will be that quick!

I have Aetna - GA. It was super quick and super easy. But I have to give my doctor office credit of putting it together to show how I completed every requirement. I also use to work for a insurance company :)

First meeting with my surgeon on May 10, 2011 and surgery on October 20, 2011. Never talked with my insurance company - I just let the PCP and the surgeon's office handle it and it was approved on the first try. Don't recall the exact approval date and I don't know when it was submitted but I was advised of the approval by the surgeon's office in mid July range.

First meeting with my surgeon on May 10' date=' 2011 and surgery on October 20, 2011. Never talked with my insurance company - I just let the PCP and the surgeon's office handle it and it was approved on the first try. Don't recall the exact approval date and I don't know when it was submitted but I was advised of the approval by the surgeon's office in mid July range.[/quote']

Wow so you were approves in July but are having to wait 3 months for an opening with your surgeon?

Wow so you were approves in July but are having to wait 3 months for an opening with your surgeon?

Actually my wife and I had the surgery 7 weeks apart. She lost the toss so she went first - lol. We had the same surgeon and she did not want to do the surgeries so close together that we'd both be "recovering" at the same time. So my wife's surgery was on Sept. 1 and I was Oct. 20. I don't know exactly when the insurance approval came in but it was roughly six weeks from the approval to my wife's surgery.

Actually my wife and I had the surgery 7 weeks apart. She lost the toss so she went first - lol. We had the same surgeon and she did not want to do the surgeries so close together that we'd both be "recovering" at the same time. So my wife's surgery was on Sept. 1 and I was Oct. 20. I don't know exactly when the insurance approval came in but it was roughly six weeks from the approval to my wife's surgery.

What a gentleman! Ladies first! So what's one thing you are glad you learned before your surgery by watching your wife??

Wow, good question. I think the biggest advantage was that I had the opportunity to observe first hand the progression of the recovery during the first several weeks following the surgery. There's no doubt that the first few weeks immediately following the surgery are the toughest. The whole getting reintroduced to food and getting familiar with the idiosyncracies of the pouch are challenging. I had the opportunity to see the challenges, both physical and mental, and to see how they progressed and what worked best for overcoming them.

That and I got a lot of experience with new ways to appease a very grumpy wife!

Wow' date=' good question. I think the biggest advantage was that I had the opportunity to observe first hand the progression of the recovery during the first several weeks following the surgery. There's no doubt that the first few weeks immediately following the surgery are the toughest. The whole getting reintroduced to food and getting familiar with the idiosyncracies of the pouch are challenging. I had the opportunity to see the challenges, both physical and mental, and to see how they progressed and what worked best for overcoming them.

That and I got a lot of experience with new ways to appease a very grumpy wife![/quote']

Well, it's always good to fill the arsenal!! Happy wife, Happy life right!! I hear moat everyone mourns food in some way...I would hate to think you'll have to do that twice!!