Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am brand new to this forum. Although I had my RNY 4/18/07.

My beginning weight was 300+, my surgery weight was 260, my current weight fluctuates between 144-146.

I am a Cyster (PCOS) food plandde03 I hardly remember having RH. howevaH! if I'm making poor choices I'm reminded Regularlydde21.

I was/am a member of another forum, but it seemed as though the main focus for to many was the type of weight loss surgery they had or were getting. I cannot change the type I've had, so now I want move forward to a Happy & Healthy Life. .

I guess I'll keep it short. I am looking forward to learning tips for success from other members A lot has changed in the five years

Since my surgery.

Be Well

I am brand new to this forum. Although I had my RNY 4/18/07.

My beginning weight was 300+' date=' my surgery weight was 260, my current weight fluctuates between 144-146.

I am a Cyster (PCOS) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001408/ so I had (and currently have) some of the symptoms related to that. I do have Reactive Hypoglycemia, I don't like having it of course, but I have to make the best of it. If I am doing well with my food plandde03 I hardly remember having RH. howevaH! if I'm making poor choices I'm reminded Regularlydde21.

I was/am a member of another forum, but it seemed as though the main focus for to many was the type of weight loss surgery they had or were getting. I cannot change the type I've had, so now I want move forward to a Happy & Healthy Life. .

I guess I'll keep it short. I am looking forward to learning tips for success from other members

Be Well

Welcome!

Welcome :) I have surgery Friday August 3rd and I have PCOS and I'm praying that my PCOS gets better after surgery and that my fertility goes up

Welcome! I had RNY in 2004 and just had a revision RNY on 6/28/12. I'm not failing this time so making healthy choices for me is the only way. Good Luck!

Welcome! I had RNY in 2004 and just had a revision RNY on 6/28/12. I'm not failing this time so making healthy choices for me is the only way. Good Luck!

Hi WFS

I am so excited for you! You're getting a Second chance. How awesome is that?!

So how are you feeling so far? What procedure did you have done?

I like the term "healthy choices" also. At about two years out I started to put on some weight. I had even started looking up lapbands over rny surgeries. It was this time that I was getting ready to have major surgery that was going to have me quite immobile for a while. I-Was-Terrified!! I was so tormented by the thought that I was going to pack on the pounds. I was off of work for 9 months, this is it's Own story :-( I used the time to research food, additives and their effects on me. It was during this time I decided I would Never "Diet" again. I failed every diet I had ever tried. So like you I decided I needed to make healthy choices. It may be purely semantics, however words are Very powerful. It's so amazing how taking such a small word has had such a liberating effect.

When I had mine, every night when I went to bed, I would Visualize how I wanted to look. I am very happy with my results. I found out that my mom had done the same thing. I believe both of us can be considered successes. HOWEVER! If I had the chance to redo it I would Definitly be visualizing Much "Healthier" T&A! ;-)

I'll be sending lots of positive thought and energy your way.

Be Well My Friend

Welcome :) I have surgery Friday August 3rd and I have PCOS and I'm praying that my PCOS gets better after surgery and that my fertility goes up

Hi Krystyneh

I see you had your surgery August 3. How are you doing? I am a Cyster, many of my symptoms have improved. I have not had my fertility medically checked, but I think it is up. There is no cure as all Cyster's know, however I do think as we get our symptoms under control it puts it into 'remission' so to speak.

Be Well My Cyster

Welcome to the group

Thank You :-)

RNY: April 18, 2007 Start Weight 292 Surgery Weight 260 Current Weight 142

My name is Crystal I live in Toronto Canada I am a 33 mother of 5 and a grandmother of a one year old . I am 274 lbs have pcos sleep apna fatty liver and on the border of becoming a diabetic. I'm joining you all as I slowly start my journey. My dr made a referral in may I did my orientation and nutrietian session and last week I had my fielrdy visit with the surgeon . My social work Ron and dietian date is sept 26 and . Yeah I'm excited nervous and really for this journey. My husband says he lives me no matter what and that I'm sexy. But I feel like I'm a large disappointment in everyone's eyes because I'm overweight . My kids are like mom your not over weight your solid. That's great to hear but I née honesty and reality. I need to have this surgery so that I can live for myself and my family. Get out there and start being me and stop taking a back seat to life. I was a teen mom at an early age and I need to feel whole again an feel alive. I know this is going to be a life journey but I can handle the ride with the support of my loved ones and others . Just looking for support and guilder e and encouragement in my journey maybe even new connections

Welcome, and I know I am looking forward to learning from your wisdom in what worked and did not work for you. I only just had surgery on 6/7/12 so can not offer you much, except perhaps some support as needed. Please feel free to give your advice and life experience to help those of us just starting on this journey. congrats on keeping your weight off and it sounds like you are doing well physically and mentally. good job!

My name is Crystal I live in Toronto Canada I am a 33 mother of 5 and a grandmother of a one year old . I am 274 lbs have pcos sleep apna fatty liver and on the border of becoming a diabetic. I'm joining you all as I slowly start my journey. My dr made a referral in may I did my orientation and nutrietian session and last week I had my fielrdy visit with the surgeon . My social work Ron and dietian date is sept 26 and . Yeah I'm excited nervous and really for this journey. My husband says he lives me no matter what and that I'm sexy. But I feel like I'm a large disappointment in everyone's eyes because I'm overweight . My kids are like mom your not over weight your solid. That's great to hear but I née honesty and reality. I need to have this surgery so that I can live for myself and my family. Get out there and start being me and stop taking a back seat to life. I was a teen mom at an early age and I need to feel whole again an feel alive. I know this is going to be a life journey but I can handle the ride with the support of my loved ones and others . Just looking for support and guilder e and encouragement in my journey maybe even new connections

Hi Crystal

Welcome to what for me has been an incredible journey. A journey I've Never Regretted. In five years I have Not had buyers remorse, Not Once!

I consider myself a succes. Although I do consider myself a continuing a work in progress. Now that my body is where it should be, I can work on me. I am happy to share anything with you so we can help each other continue to flourish.

Bless your family for Loving you, for You! I was a "thick" woman when my husband met me, but as my PCOS symptoms got worse I went WAY passed thick, yet in all of that time not once did my husband say a negative or degrading thing to me or about me. We Are blessed aren't we!

Be well Cyster

RNY: April 18, 2007 Start Weight 292 Surgery Weight 260 Current Weight 142