Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When will it stop?

Thank you silry---I have never tried to be mean to anyone on this board--and feel bad if it was taken that way.

Hotpink--hang in there---give us a break, as we ALL need it from time to time!!!

This is off topic---but I have FINALLY broke my plateau---I had stalled at 208.5 for months!!! And in the last 2 days I finally have been dropping again!!! Now there is a stinking piece of leftover birthday cake screaming my name---so I think I will hit the treadmill and see if I can shut the cake up!!! Wish me luck!

Kat

Kat - I too have been stuck at 208 FOREVER - what can I do????

Ooooh ---sounds like we have a 208 conspiracy or something going on!!! I wish I had a magic answer for you---but I don't! I tried everything I could think of to break the plateau. I usually can bust one by upping my caloric intake for a few days, and then I start burning off the weight again---not this time! I lowered my calories---nothing. I upped my exercise----nothing. I have no idea hwy it finally started again, but very glad it did! I was stuck for over 2 months--I did however lose several inches during that time---not quite sure how that works---but it did! I had originally hoped to be in Onederland by the first of the year, and then I hit 208.5, and it stopped! Now I only have 2 pounds to go, and I will not be obese any longer---merely overweight!!! Who would have ever thought I would Celebrate being overweight??? Then a few more to Onederland, then another 10 after that, and I will be at my 100 pounds lost point. I had/have all these little goals, and it all came to a screeching halt! Finally it is moving again, and even if I cannot tell you why---I am just thankful it is!

So I guess my only advice would be to relax, when your body "catches up" or whatever, it will start again. It did relax me in regards to the maintenance...I know for a fact, I can eat, normally and comfortably, and maintain a weight....when I get to goal, it will be easier to maintain than I was afraid it would be.

If I figure out why I finally started losing I will let you know. The only thing I changed and I do mean ONLY thing, is I began drinking a small glass of pineapple juice in the evening---I was told it helps cleanse the pouch. Buy a carton---couldn't hurt!!!

Good Luck---I will let you know how it goes!

Kat

Kat,

Do you think there is a 6 month plateau, like you'll lose pretty good for the first 6 months and then your body says, "Hey, what is going on here! I gotta keep this weight or I'll die!"?

Seems like everyone in the July group is having trouble right now with the plateau.

I don't know, I was banded back in April, and did pretty good until a couple of months ago (would have been 7 months out). Now the group of April Bandsters I fall right about middle of the road, some have lost less, some a lot more---a couple of our April Bandsters have lost over 140 pounds already!!!

I do think you get to a point that you have to add in some exercise if you aren't already---it keeps your metabolism up or something.

Jane, I wish I had the answer---everyone here would love me!!! I was told early on that the question was not IF you would hit plateaus, it was WHEN would you hit them!!! Same as the hair issue--they told me, it was hit or miss, some lost it regardless of what they did, others were not affected. Of course with my luck, I hit the plateau, and my hair is falling like crazy----figures!!! The only thing I can say, is there is 84 pounds less of me to worry with!

Hang in there, the plateau will pass....don't get discouraged!

Kat

Well gee, thanks to those of you who had nice reponses, and those of you who said that i set myself up for the comments and my reference to a little blonde bimbo with big boobs, i would rather be called that ANY day, over getting made fun of. And as far as im concerned, i was just sharing my story, so please if you dont have anything nice to say, do not reply. My mistake in thinking everyone here would understand how i felt 100%. Wishful thinking, gotta stop that. Oh and by the way Mommy202, i asked the question in a funny way, I know im fat, ive been told several times and i can see it. And no it is not my fault i did not ask for it, he could have said, suuuuuure youll fit no problem and smiled and left it at that, he didnt need to give me a dirty look like i was the most disgusting thing in the world. That was not called for no matter who you are. If it happened to you, im sure you wouldnt be saying that i asked for it.

~Hotpink~

I don't think anyone is excusing the lifeguard at all. But you did ask for comments and thoughts. Not agreement.

I thought the same thing when I read your post, that asking the question kind of opened the door. I'd bet we have all had very similar moments, in fact there was a thread here about the worst thing anyone said about our size, and there are lots of stories. So yes, most of us understand how you felt, we've been there.

Kat - thanks so much for your great e-mail to me. It really helped.

I too have been drastically cutting my calories and I find that I actually do BETTER when I eat more. You probably lost inches because you stuck with your workouts, like me - maybe we are gaining muscle.

Thanks again for a great pep talk!!!

I do the same, and like I said before it had always worked for me to up my caloric intake a bit, and I would bounce right off the plateau, until this time!!! Now however, that the scale has started to move again, it is continuing to go down. It is now in half pound increments---but I refuse to complain!

I think your post points out what upsets me most with the direction this original post took, and that is that we (especially women) tend to beat up on one another...when all any of us want is support. Now I totally agree on honesty and calling a spade a spade, but find no sense in putting someone down to do it. I loved getting this post from you---it made my day---it feels like regardless of what else I do today,at least I did something right!!! This thread didn't get bad, but boy some of them just bash away at one another---the drama!! Maybe it is my age, I just click a button and go read another. I raised 2 teenage girls, I have had enough drama!

Kat

You don't even have to tell me what you mean by your last post Kat - you are eloquently spoken, mature, on this forum for the right reason, and sometimes the TRUTH is too hard to hear from certain people...

Hang in there girl...again, thanks for a great couple of posts! Us bandsters need to stick together IN THE POSITIVE direction and not negative.

Can I just say to hotpinkbubbles, that I'm sorry for your experience at Great Wolf Lodge...but to state that no one should visit this hotel chain is a little harsh. You are judging all the hotels based on the actions of a few people at one location...and thats really not fair. We have a Lodge here in Kansas City and it is fabulous!! (I havent been in the Water myself, just watch my children...but give me time, and I will be....and wearing a bathing suit to boot!!) My kids love it and I'm sure if you go back at some point, you will have even more fun!!

Hang in there girl!!

I love Great Wolf Lodge in K.C.! I'm sorry you had a bad experience.....sounds like it was just a kid not knowing what to say to me. I weigh over 300 pounds and have been to the Lodge at least 5 or 6 times.....we LOVE it!! The very first time we went, I was so nervous, got to the top of the slides and I very bluntly asked the lifeguard if there would be a problem with me going (went in the tobogan ride with my twin boys!). In my opinion he was really nice, his comment was, "Oh sure, people a lot bigger than you go down all the time." I didn't joke, I just asked a blunt question and he responded. Please give them a second chance.....not all lifeguards are as inexperienced as the one you encountered. Good luck with your surgery!